Freakanomics talks how different types of people TIP...includes race, religion, etc.

Daps
Not sure how many times it has to be said that blacks don't tip and every time we discuss it, we cycle through the same discussions every time:

-Why do I have to tip?
-Why don't they get a job where they don't rely on tips?
-It's not my fault they aren't getting paid what they should!
-They didn't do anything to deserve a tip but bring my food to me! I could have gotten it myself! If anything, the cook should get a tip! (but you don't tip them either so....)
-It's OPTIONAL! That means I don't have to pay! So what's the big deal?
-Black people get poor service in restaurants, so why should they tip?

Etc, etc, etc.....

Just say you're a cheap fukk, you don't care to follow social norms and that you don't give a shyt, but stop trying to justify why you don't tip with these shytty arguments.

Having a philosophical problem this custom does not make one cheap. It's some straight sucker shyt that we've all been duped into, automatically, participating in.

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
Its just amazing to me that a country that refuses to pay millions in the workforce a livable wage, because apparently CEO's and business owners cant afford it, is the same country that continually obsesses over everyday black people not tipping servers enough. Thats beyond hypocrisy, but thats America for you.

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
I tip well. Start at 15% and go up a % for every refill. Then I'll add on if the server is actually good and I usually tip on the tax and round up after all that. It's easy to get 30% out of me.

But for bad service, I'll leave a message, like 17 cents and a half a piece of gum to let them know what I thought. :manny:

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Blacks tip less.... but let's flip it, how many CAACs are giving black servers decent tips? :birdman:

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I tip well. Start at 15% and go up a % for every refill. Then I'll add on if the server is actually good and I usually tip on the tax and round up after all that. It's easy to get 30% out of me.

But for bad service, I'll leave a message, like 17 cents and a half a piece of gum to let them know what I thought. :manny:

I have a very simple rule:

-Great outstanding service: I round up to the nearest multiple :blessed:

-Ok service: 10% :umad:

-Terrible service: one lonely dollar :pachaha:

Kemyran

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Southern California
Its just amazing to me that a country that refuses to pay millions in the workforce a livable wage, because apparently CEO's and business owners cant afford it, is the same country that continually obsesses over black people not tipping servers enough. Thats beyond hypocrisy, but thats America for you.
I don't think people "obsess" over it to be honest. It's just one of those things that's true and it gets acknowledged, especially here. No other message board I go to talks about it as much as it's talked about here and I'd be willing to bet this board is predominately black.

You make a good point, though. When it comes down to it, I guess it's just a social norm that some choose to follow and others don't.

*shrug*
Taking a stand? It's not a protest. Some just choose not participate in sucker shyt. :rudy:
I honestly wish the institution of tipping was deaded and that prices at full service restaurants simply went up 18-25% across the board so we could simply stop having this discussion. You wouldn't have to feel "duped", cheap fukks would be priced out and servers that everyone suddenly seems to care so much about (but only when discussing tipping) would get a fair wage. Win for everyone.

King Karim

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
of course blacks tip less. we make less. i didn't need 2 click any links to tell you that.

Kemyran

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Southern California
Waiters and waitresses should be paid a decent sum depending on restaurant and area

They should be receivable just like fast food employees
Most servers at mid-level to high end restaurants in decent areas do pretty well and wouldn't trade their tips for that "decent sum" if you gave them the choice. So there's also that to contend with.

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
Most servers at mid-level to high end restaurants in decent areas do pretty well and wouldn't trade their tips for that "decent sum" if you gave them the choice. So there's also that to contend with.

Theres just no way to satisfy everyone including the customers. The average person is a dumb fickle person.
I worked in a seaside restaurant and dated a couple waitresses
None of those bytches would trade their tips for $20 an hour straight