Freakanomics talks how different types of people TIP...includes race, religion, etc.

Emperor Sol

Knowledge and Wisdom
Daps
Reppin
CAN
It isn't news that blacks tip less

At the same time, what you should be more concerned about is how both blacks and whites tip black servers less than they tip white servers.

THAT is messed up.

wutang512

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I tip black servers more than I do white servers But that's cause they my people and I gotta take care of my people.

Now if its just terrible service your not getting a tip at all or possible a $1 tip

Kemyran

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Southern California
Not sure how many times it has to be said that blacks don't tip and every time we discuss it, we cycle through the same discussions every time:

-Why do I have to tip?
-Why don't they get a job where they don't rely on tips?
-It's not my fault they aren't getting paid what they should!
-They didn't do anything to deserve a tip but bring my food to me! I could have gotten it myself! If anything, the cook should get a tip! (but you don't tip them either so....)
-It's OPTIONAL! That means I don't have to pay! So what's the big deal?
-Black people get poor service in restaurants, so why should they tip?

Etc, etc, etc.....

Just say you're a cheap fukk, you don't care to follow social norms and that you don't give a shyt, but stop trying to justify why you don't tip with these shytty arguments.

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
On some real shyt, I am a (youngish) Black dude who is anti-tipping, but I tip ridiculously well, pretty much always above 30% and often more than 60% depending on the amount of the bill. Now, the other side of that coin is that I go to the same spots all of the time and I'm actually cool with all of the bartenders/wait staff at these spots, so I actually get a clear benefit of tipping.

But I'm of the belief that this whole U.S. tipping system needs to be thrown in the bushes :birdman: anyway.

And that whole "Black people don't tip" shyt is overblown anyway. Pretty much all stereotypes for Black people are skewered to the negative side. When a Black person tips well, in the average waiter's mind it is, "Oh, he's the exception", but when a Black person doesn't tip well or doesn't tip it's "None of these ******s EVER tip." It is what it is though. At the end of the day, who REALLY gives a fukk about a server and what they think?

Kemyran

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Southern California
And that whole "Black people don't tip" shyt is overblown anyway. Pretty much all stereotypes for Black people are skewered to the negative side.

Empirical evidence says otherwise. Did you listen to the podcast? Do you really think a group of people got together to prove how shytty blacks are at tipping? Just read past tipping threads here, there was a huge amount of people who were pretty much proud and indignant about not tipping.

Not sure what else to tell ya, breh. Good for you in tipping. I do too (not 30-60%) but that's simply not the norm when it comes to black people. It is what it is. Not sure why though.

M617

retired
Supporter
Daps
if you dont tip at least 10% your a piece of shyt. i tip around 20% every time. your going out to eat at a sit down place with people bringing you food and drink...whats an extra couple dollars

Joe Chink

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you live by the Tip you will die by the Tip. Beggars shouldn't be choosers. Unhappy? Find a difference profession or change the wage laws in your area.

Kemyran

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Southern California
If you live by the Tip you will die by the Tip. Beggars shouldn't be choosers. Unhappy? Find a difference profession or change the wage laws in your area.
-Why don't they get a job where they don't rely on tips?
-It's not my fault they aren't getting paid what they should!

Just say you're a cheap fukk, you don't care to follow social norms and that you don't give a shyt, but stop trying to justify why you don't tip with these shytty arguments.