Four graphs showing the sad state of Millenials

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
To make everybody a slave.
I personally don’t even think it’s that. I don’t think it’s deep at all. I think it’s just plain old greed and selfishness. People want to get as much riches as possible… and if it results in something like slavery, they’re fine with it. I think it’s not necessarily that they want all this stuff to be happening, I think they just don’t care as long as they can benefit and they’ll do whatever they have to in order to get resources… and power to get more resources.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
With the amount of videos I’m seeing of women regretting having children, perhaps it’s for the best, because I doubt they will be good parents, and bad parents create bad children. Getting married and having kids used to be the normal thing to do. But not everyone is cut out for that life, and women don’t need men to pay bills, and men don’t need women to cook and clean for them. People would rather spend their money traveling, and having nice things, instead of raising a family.
:whoa:

Speak for yourself. I love coming back to a clean home with great food waiting on the table.

See, that’s the problem with people, folks don’t think they need anyone, but then get bent out of shape because they’re lonely and have no one to rely on.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
I personally don’t even think it’s that. I don’t think it’s deep at all. I think it’s just plain old greed and selfishness. People want to get as much riches as possible… and if it results in something like slavery, they’re fine with it. I think it’s not necessarily that they want all this stuff to be happening, I think they just don’t care as long as they can benefit and they’ll do whatever they have to in order to get resources… and power to get more resources.

Yeah, make others slaves to their luxury.

WaveMolecules

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
:whoa:

Speak for yourself. I love coming back to a clean home with great food waiting on the table.

See, that’s the problem with people, folks don’t think they need anyone, but then get bent out of shape because they’re lonely and have no one to rely on.
Absolutely. Anecdotally speaking the most successful people I know, other than education, have great networks. Community is super important and it’s part of the reason why no one seems to excel, or wants kids.
You need a helping hand and either us millennials are too stubborn to ask for help, or the older generations told us to go fukk ourselves. Bit of a mix of the 2 imo.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
out of those 4 i only live on my own
woulda bought a house this yr if i didnt lose my job
Same

Plus, with the way the market is now, I didnt see the point yet. No kids, no immediate family so no real need yet

Was due to start moving into a home this month, but put it on the back burner to adjust to moving, new job, new area, and school.

Was doing too much to throw house hunting in the mix. Plus, debating on buying property and building and/or buying property in another country.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Yeah, make others slaves to their luxury.
I think Gen Z is hip to this… at least the important/educated ones

I know a lot of young professionals that want boomers out the paint.. especially republican boomers. Its not that they no longer respect elders, they just see how full of shyt they are and that things are not making sense or their are things that they will notice on the backend that will affect their future.

Which I understand. The war in Gaza is fugazi af but lets be real here, which candidate do they think actually have them in mind?

Lets talk about the retirement age for example. Republicans are already trying to raise it since they blew through all the SSI money. By the time these kids get 60 they'll be no closer to retirement than they were at 40 NOW with the way things are going.

BeeCityRoller

New Bee
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queen City
Corporate America capitalized on the rhetoric of individualism and its wrecked havoc on many millennials. They got 2-for-1 on the consumerism while the 1st/2nd generation Immigrants are winning with the old playbook.

With the economy, politicians and the FED are trying to convince us the economy has been doing great for the past 8 years sans the Pandemic. Same talking point I remember back in 2006-2007 when millennials couldn't even get a job at McDonalds. Then the bottom fell out for Gen-X/Boomer parents a year later and all of a sudden it was a crisis.

And the average Baby Boomer/Old Gen-X isn't going to be any better off. Thats why they're allowing their kids to stay home. Getting close to retirement age but knowing the numbers don't add up - that $1400 Social Security check ain't cutting it and whatever 401k savings they didn't borrow against will be gone in less than 2 years.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Every generation has had to pivot and adjust to changes
My parents survived the shift away from union jobs and manufacturing
I survived two separate bubble bursts and a technological shift all before the age of 30
Yes, everything is more expensive now.......but that was also true when I was 30 yr old
This generation of young folks need to quickly adjust and adapt to the world that they live in instead of complaining about it like society is ever going to feel sorry for them and give them something for free