Forza Horizon 3 aka "The Goat Racer" Official Thread

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
This thread dead af which is disappointing.

Anyway this is my first forza game so I'm working my way up. Ive turned off all the assists and mastered it.. Except for manual w/ clutch. Any tips? I've already changed the clutch to A instead of LB, but getting the timing down and downshifting on turns is tough to get the hang of.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Anyway this is my first forza game so I'm working my way up. Ive turned off all the assists and mastered it.. Except for manual w/ clutch. Any tips? I've already changed the clutch to A instead of LB, but getting the timing down and downshifting on turns is tough to get the hang of.
I don't use manual. Too much of a hassle.

Horizon is supposed to be fun and free, manual w/ clutch gets in the way of that.

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees

Horizon is supposed to be fun and free, manual w/ clutch gets in the way of that.

Yea I don't use it either because keeping under control when offroad is hard enough as it is. I would save manual for the next Forza motorsport where there's controlled track racing.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music

Very few real gamers here breh.

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H

I get that but I want to be able to get the best times on rivals and and compete with the top racers in PvP. I guess if I keep at it it'll click eventually

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Yeah we need more coli brehs to join the group on there. Last I check there were only like 7-8 of us including myself I don't have gold right now but I do enjoy racing y'alls drivatars n whatnot. I always :obama: when I see your whips out on the road.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL

You won't match wheel guys if that's your intention. Otherwise what I can say with previous Horizon experience is that even with assists off its still noticeably more arcadey than Motorsport.

I usually run auto myself but I dabble in shifting only from time to time. With clutch I suggest preventing lockups during gear changes and try to minimize that time.

To work around the arcade nature sometimes you can coast not gas over a turn rather than brake.

And of course learn the racing line.