Forspoken Has a Black Protagonist But No Black Writers

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:russell:
People reaching for controversy again..

I don’t care if her back story is tropey..

Game stars a black protagonist and the gameplay looks dope

Copping day 1.
In a vacuum it would be like “meh whatever”

But in 2021 where they should know better AND there’s a significant black presence in game creation. There’s really no excuse. Somebody gotta call it out so they do better.

Imagine if it was a young black female protag that was actually written well. Would make it so much sweeter. Maybe the controversy will get them to do better next time.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Imagine if it was a young black female protag that was actually written well. Would make it so much sweeter. Maybe the controversy will get them to do better next time.

ideally but more than likely there won’t be a next since it’s the easier route for them which is fine by me…but I’m not just gonna be happy with a half-assed black character just for the sake of it…anyone who played and enjoyed ‘deathloop’ (for example) gets it…and this is not to imply white writers can’t write decent black characters…dude posted a white guy speaking on why he casted chadwick boseman for the role of james brown who obviously gets it…this shyt we seeing in the OP doesn’t get a pass anymore…as you said earlier it’s fukking 2021

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
ideally but more than likely there won’t be a next since it’s the easier route for them which is fine by me…but I’m not just gonna be happy with a half-assed black character just for the sake of it…anyone who played and enjoyed ‘deathloop’ (for example) gets it…and this is not to imply white writers can’t write decent black characters…dude who posted the dude speaking on why he casted chadwick boseman for the role of james brown gets it…this shyt we seeing in the OP doesn’t get a pass anymore…as you said earlier it’s fukking 2021
Agreed.

Im at the point where I won’t consume media period unless it has some thoughtful black presence. Just too much out there for me to consume for me to waste my time on shyt that’s not gonna give me the proper respect/consideration.

Spent my whole life playing games/watching shows/movies that pretend people like me don’t exist. Some of my favorite games/movies/etc were absolutely fukked from that standpoint

Going forward there’s too much out there that gets it right for me to waste my time on stuff like this.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Agreed.

Im at the point where I won’t consume media period unless it has some thoughtful black presence. Just too much out there for me to consume for me to waste my time on shyt that’s not gonna give me the proper respect/consideration.

Spent my whole life playing games/watching shows/movies that pretend people like me don’t exist. Some of my favorite games/movies/etc were absolutely fukked from that standpoint

Going forward there’s too much out there that gets it right for me to waste my time on stuff like this.

idk @ the bold, I still feel like we’re very far from there—be it movies, television and especially video games…but I’m not gonna accept/be grateful for half-ass attempts bcuz of it…that “hip-hoppy” comment was pure cringe

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
idk @ the bold, I still feel like we’re very far from there—be it movies, television and especially video games…but I’m not gonna accept/be grateful for half-ass attempts bcuz of it…that “hip-hoppy” comment was pure cringe
I’m bussy. Got limited time for games/movies/TV

There’s more than enough for me to occupy my time. Though I do get your point :ehh: