Forspoken Has a Black Protagonist But No Black Writers

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Accepting any garbage thrown at you creates a low level of standard and quality. Then you guys wonder why black people have no self respect.

The c00n problem also complicates things. They gonna just hire a black person that greenlights nothing but ignorant nonsense. For example Coates throwing Tchalla under the bus for his entire run with the character because Tchalla was a black male that wasn't trash.

I also remember the black people that wrote the season 3/4 boondocks episodes legit hated black people and killed the show. Mcgruder's fault though, he attracted those type of c00ns with his style.

I think I got into it with a black indie developer here over it. Dude made a power instinct clone but made the protagonist a white man and the villain a black man. He was also making all the black characters big brutes.

I'm like what's the point of supporting a black developer that creates the same content that causes people to see us as nothing but monsters.

Funny thing about that game, if his protagonist was black his game would have gotten more attention, people getting sour on blonde white male protagonists in fighting games.

you mean breh who made Combat Core?

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
right now she a generic marvel protagonist

you can slot in a white girl or spanish girl and it be the same experience

she doesnt feel like someone who grew up in new york

an as a new yorker that bothers me

I think there a smart way to do a story that a throphe like regular person is transported to magic world and make some of her decisions

and actions informed by her being a women and being black .. even if the story not heavy on racial themes or about her blackness

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
right now she a generic marvel protagonist

you can slot in a white girl or spanish girl and it be the same experience

she doesnt feel like someone who grew up in new york

an as a new yorker that bothers me

I think there a smart way to do a story that a throphe like regular person is transported to magic world and make some of her decisions

and actions informed by her being a women and being black .. even if the story not heavy on racial themes or about her blackness

the incels would have 100% lost their shyt, but I agree.

Either go in fully or don't soft shoe.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I remember feeling betrayed after playing uncharted lost legacy and finding out both the women in that game were voiced by white ladies.
CHLOE.jpg

1*9vu113RGQxVbU48flw8i2g.jpeg

This one is at least a slight step up from that :mjlol:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
The first mistake was getting a Brit to play a New Yorker to begin with. They couldn’t fake it if they tried
As great as they are with american accents. People don't seem realize they can only do good generic middle america news anchor accents well.
They struggle and sound out of place trying to get too regional. They are never believable as native NY, TX, Boston or new orleans in particular.

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
I remember feeling betrayed after playing uncharted lost legacy and finding out both the women in that game were voiced by white ladies.
CHLOE.jpg
Not to downplay this in any way but, Chloe is mixed. She's half Australian. Claudia Black IS Australian.

Laura Bailey on the other is a white woman playing a black South African in a modern era game where that shyt shouldn't have been a thing.

Naughty Dog even got into a bit of shyt about it when it was revealed. They tried to downplay it but it was a problem. But notjing happened becaise it's a big tentpole playstation game and people never seem to care enough to withhold actual money to back up their rage.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
CHLOE.jpg

1*9vu113RGQxVbU48flw8i2g.jpeg

This one is at least a slight step up from that :mjlol:
Meh a voice actor is a voice actor. It's a disembodied voice doesn't really matter the genetic makeup of who is playing the character to me so much as they do a good job playing them. Laura Bailey is a voice acting celebrity in that sector. She's like a notch below Troy Baker (the female version). Claudia Black did an outstanding job as Chloe.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I want more black voice actors to get leading roles in video games but i played uncharted 4 before i knew who was playing Nadine and now im just kind of used to the voice and don’t care.

She also doesn’t really sound like a white woman to me which is part of it :manny: