Former Naughty Dog employee shares the truth about ND

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
There's a large contingent of gamers who fukk with anime as well. It's well known how overworked those in the anime/manga industry are. No one gives a fukk. nikkas want their next Berserk or Hunter x Hunter issue, regardless of if the creator has health issues. So I'm not about to bat an eye over this. Dude didn't like his quality of life at ND and he left. Every employee has that option. Console stannery isn't going to make me turn this into an indictment of ND

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rockstar/The Housers went through the EXACT same scrutiny in the 2 months leading to RDR2.....The game dropped and it was flames, suddenly people stopped caring again and were happy as fukk to play it with not a single fukk given about the hours that went into it :mjlol:

TLOU2 will be exactly the same

Naughty Dog clapping back :bustback:

seeing Cory of Santa Monica saluting Neil in the comments :wow:

gods of this gaming shyt :banderas:

Last edited:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
There's a large contingent of gamers who fukk with anime as well. It's well known how overworked those in the anime/manga industry are. No one gives a fukk. nikkas want their next Berserk or Hunter x Hunter issue, regardless of if the creator has health issues. So I'm not about to bat an eye over this. Dude didn't like his quality of life at ND and he left. Every employee has that option. Console stannery isn't going to make me turn this into an indictment of ND

I don't know why they're looking to the consumers to save them :mjlol: They'd get change with the quickness if all the devs went on strike.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
I like the formula. Just like Rockstar now has a formula, and most studios as well. If he's talking about crunch that's a different story but i loved TLOU and all of the Uncharted games in varying amounts, so I hope they keep doing what they're doing.

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
Yall know most of these videogame companies do the same shyt right? :skip:

If people think Square Enix didn't go through one hell of a crunch for the FFVII Remake, maaaan... :francis:

And just like everyone else already said. This is gonna be a topic for a few weeks, then the game is gonna come out and be fire, and nobody's gonna give a fukk. It's sad that people get overworked and it shouldn't be a thing in all honesty, but what are we supposed to do? Run a Twitter campaign and boycott a game because one employee vocalized his negative experience? :usure:

I'm not saying developers should throw away their health over their job, but there's not much the people can do. If they stop crunch timing their development, it might mean games take longer, which isn't a big deal... But gamers are entitled and whiny when there's radio silence. People are upset now, but let the game have been delayed to September, and people would've thrown a fit. :yeshrug:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
AcidicLoneFoxterrier-size_restricted.gif

STFU and give us the last of us 2 :heh:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
This is one of the most pointless "exposals" I've ever seen. They way he talks, everyone already knows this and it's already affecting their bottom line and will eventually be self-correcting...so what does he get out of saying it?

Social media...

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
You are a troll and they handled business correctly :salute:
This is one of the most pointless "exposals" I've ever seen. They way he talks, everyone already knows this and it's already affecting their bottom line and will eventually be self-correcting...so what does he get out of saying it?

Social media...
You would have said the same thing to Kaepernick :francis:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Y'all nikkas stay getting banned in forums..

shyt cracks me up.

I'm on resetera but I know better to talk shyt over there.

They racist as fukk. Surprised developers even post there. Maybe they are racist too.

Make no mistake tho I ain't saying coli ain't racist cause we just as bad.

Only difference is our mods are less sensitive.