Former Editor Of The Source Combat Jack ETHERS Papoose

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
papoose can rap, it's just his voice, his voice is terrible and it always sounds exactly the same. same pitch, same tone, same everything, no matter the track. i can understand why someone would say he sounds wack, he does kinda sound like a novice internet rapper trying to impersonate Big L.

Honestly I didn't think Pap still had somethin like this in him...straight body bagged this beat...

Last edited by a moderator:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
If you take all of the hot songs papoose ever did you have a double lp classic. Stop it.

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
^law library, charades, alphabetical slaughter what you know about that friend the thing is some mention voice i dont know about voice however i always found his delivery to be force

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
i have saiz this before.

if pap learned vocal tonality and how to deliver and pocket his flows

he would have easily shined beyound his main draw lyrically.

shame he never grew as an artist and developed.

art barr

Real N Quotes

East Is In The House OMG
Daps
I think dude doesn't like papoose is bc his style is kinda awkward...he's a battle rapper who doesn't really flow on beat.... he just spits metaphors ...personally I like pap bc he's got barz...some of them be weak but some of them be incredible too. also pap voice gets kinda annoying. You can't take away his skill level but here are a few things that he can do to improve his overall appeal.

Cheercomp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyone have any insight into how real that $1.5 million deal of his was? I don't believe that a label would give him that type of deal at the time... maybe when he was at the peak of his buzz, but when he finally signed, he was on the wrong end of the mountain

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
:laugh: Combat Jack #newminati, realest podcast out.

That's probably first time I'm hearing Combat Jack roasting a rapper.
He's an OG lawyer in the hiphop industry by the way, and still doesn't hate on the wackest rappers like Lil B and shyt like that.
But when he goes at cats personalities it's so funny cause you heard Just Blaze (who is a part of the podcast) want to co-sign but he has to stay political.

Dead End

Rican B*stard
Daps
Reppin
NW Chicago
Is there any reason Pap never put out an album on Koch or went the independent route? He for sure had a buzz back when doing this was the thing.

Mikael Blowpiff

#LosIngobernabrehs
Daps
Pap would be good if he were good.

*throws on Kay Slay-sized white hoodie with a bunch of 9s on it*

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
You know how you got smart dumb nikkas... who know a lil' bit about what they're talkin' about, but sound super stupid at the end of the day?

Papoose is a wack nice rapper.

For every lil' cool line he gets off... he comes with the goofiest punchlines that he prob'ly swears are the wittiest shyts ever ("I stay high like the word you use to greet each other", "I kill two birds with one stone like the stone ricocheted off one bird and hit the other", "I must stash like the hair between ya lip and ya nose")... most of his songs are awful... he's always behind the beat...

Pap just... kinda sucks more often than not. Jack was harsh, but hell if a lotta that wasn't true. There are "bad" rappers who can still make some shyt worth listening to. Pap is a so-called nice nikka who rarely ever makes anything worth a listen.