For single player, do you prefer open world or linear games?

Which type of game do you prefer

• I really like open world, need that freedom and exploration

• I really prefer linear, concise to the point, love the extra detail

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ty Daniels

Superstar
Daps
I disagree with Watchdog 2 on that one. Watchdog 2 was perfect as it was. I can understand Mafia 3 thou cause no fast travel.

Watchdogs 2 has a damn near perfect Open World, if they had more "traversal" options (climbing, aircraft etc..) it would have been even better.

I know a lot of people shyt on the game for the "tone" and characters/story but the actual map/world goes hard.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I'm more a fan of open world games if the side quests and missions add to the story. Like in the old Far Cry games where you could hunt for certain animals to unlock certain weapons earlier. shyt like that I like. But then in the most recent Far Cry game where so many of the side missions were just afterthoughts that had no bearing on gameplay or being able to really unlock all that much. Just seemed like a waste of time.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watchdogs 2 has a damn near perfect Open World, if they had more "traversal" options (climbing, aircraft etc..) it would have been even better.

I know a lot of people shyt on the game for the "tone" and characters/story but the actual map/world goes hard.

Watchdog 2 was the best "Watchdog" game. :smh: at Watchdog Legion.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
FACTS!!!!

They removed everything that was good about Watchdogs 2, to make legion.

Shyt is retarded to me, they should have taken the best of 1 & 2, then added the new shyt.

Would have been a MUCH better game, in my opinion

100% what the hell were they thinking

Ty Daniels

Superstar
Daps
100% what the hell were they thinking

No clue, it's like the devs and producers don't play the games at all.

Now there most likely won't be another Watchdogs game, because they fukked up the last one.

Same with the new Saints Row.

At this point GTA 6 (whenever it comes out) is pretty much the only hope for a decent, urban open world game.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No clue, it's like the devs and producers don't play the games at all.

Now there most likely won't be another Watchdogs game, because they fukked up the last one.

Same with the new Saints Row.

At this point GTA 6 (whenever it comes out) is pretty much the only hope for a decent, urban open world game.

To be honest, I'm not trusting GTA 6 cause of online especially they see how much money they made from GTA 5 online.

Ty Daniels

Superstar
Daps
To be honest, I'm not trusting GTA 6 cause of online especially they see how much money they made from GTA 5 online.

Yeah they might simp on that shyt.
But if they do, they will ruin their franchise.

MF's been waiting for way too long for a new GTA.

They repacked GTA 5, and sold it over and over again, for what a decade (or close to it).

If they Fukk-Up GTA 6, they can hang it up!

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I prefer games with fun engaging feedback loops...

Open world games tend to do that better since they have more variety to their gameplay...

But what even is an "open world game"?

People say RDR2 is an open world game? But it's parts of the map you can't go to without insta dying and their are things in the game that don't even exist until you progress enough...that's open world?

Is GOW-R an open world game? Some people say its not but after obtaining certain items and skills you can do almost anything at any time in the game?