Folk's Upset Diddy's Son is getting $54,000 Football Scholarship to UCLA

Edi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The scholarship money comes out of the athletic department only, the school doesn't fund them and neither do taxpayers.

UCLA is getting at least 20 million a year from tv contracts alone. That is not counting the money they will get from ticket sales, merchandise, endorsements. There is no way the school is footing the bill for these scholarships.

director_of_bands

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
qc NC
"Less than a year after Diddy’s son, Justin Combs, committed to play football at UCLA, state taxpayers are calling on the well-heeled freshman to turn over his $54,000 scholarship to students who need it more."

:laugh: The locals didn't get the memo that life aint fair

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:deadrose: I DEBUNKED YOUR UNINFORMED POINT WITH THE QUICKNESS AND YOU SALTY.

LET ME RECAP A COUPLE THINGS FOR YOU

1.THIS IS NOT FREE CHEESE.
2.THESE ARE SCHOLARSHIPS THAT ARE GIVEN TO THE BEST PLAYERS IN THEIR RESPECTIVE SPORTS REGARDLESS OF THE FINANCIAL, EDUCATIONAL,ETHNIC, RELIGIOUS, SOCIAL ECT..BACKGROUND OR STANDING OF THEIR PARENTS.
3.EACH DIVISION 1 TEAM IS GRANTED ROUGHLY 30 NEW INCOMING SCHOLARSHIPS A YEAR.
4.THERE ARE 117 FBS DIVISION 1 TEAMS.
5.THAT MEANS EACH YEAR, THERE ARE 3510 NEW DIVISION 1 SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE IN FOOTBALL.
6.THE 3510 MOST RECRUITED PLAYERS WILL FILL OUT THOSE SLOTS ACCORDINGLY.
7.JUSTIN COMBS, LIKE THE SON OF MANY DOCTORS, LAWYERS, ENGINEERS, CRACKHEADS, GANGBANGERS, FOOTBALL PLAYERS, FALLS WELL WITHIN THE RANGE OF THE 3510 MOST RECRUITED PLAYERS.
8.JUSTIN BEING THE 133RD BEST PLAYER AT HIS POSITION IN THE COUNTRY, HAD 8 FULL RIDE OFFERS.
9.HE CHOSE ACCORDINGLY.
10.YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT IN ANY REGARD BESIDES SPITE,MISINFORMATION, AND ARGUING FOR THE SAKE OF ARGUING.

...11. your entire premise is based off of overthinking the issue, sickeningly overthinking it. this isn't a 10 point issue, ha, here's my 1 point

1. If you are filthy rich should you accept limited free things?

everything else you talkin about is moot in regards to my point, go tell all that to somebody who's arguing them particular points. smh @ spite, i don't partake in that stuff online brotha, me calling you a "pro-bush tax cuts ass n!gga" wasn't to maliciously offend you, lightweight debate attack. you think he should accept the scholarship even though financially he doesn't need a free ride, i say otherwise, period. sometimes too much specificity just leads to going off course, lets keep this sh!t general so my point isn't lost in the shuffle. do other rich people (nowhere near as rich as puffy, but rich) do the sh!t too? i'm sure they do. did the kid put in work to earn a scholarship? i don't know but you saying he did so i salute that, he deserves the free ride if thats the case. my issue is strictly fiscal, its not about if he deserves a scholarship. again, he can humbly reject it and offer to pay his way instead, whats so deplorable about that?

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
:what:

Are y'all serious? Wouldn't that scholarship be better suited for a kid from the hood? Diddy wipes his ass with 50k.
Thats not the point. Millions of rich CAC kids go to school on full scholarship across the country some much richer than Diddy I dont see anyone else complaining. Let a nikka with money that is famous take advantage of the same situation and all of a sudden there is an outcry about it not being fair.

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
filthy rich people who accept free sh!t always irked me. i'm about as middle class as middle class gets and I always turn down free sh!t when i know somebody who is struggling can have it instead, just seems like the right thing to do. so what this kid "earned" it, colleges only give it out so many athletic scholarships, why take one of those spots when your daddy is worth half a billion and a beast kid living in abject poverty who can't afford to pay could have had it instead? i don't understand the logic

If he's such a "beast" then someone else will give him a scholarship.

LittleLordBboy

Madlib Adlib
Daps
Reppin
Just as it was just getting good
...11. your entire premise is based off of overthinking the issue, sickeningly overthinking it. this isn't a 10 point issue, ha, here's my 1 point

1. If you are filthy rich should you accept limited free things?

My answer to this would be as long as you don't directly harm anyone by doing so then yes. You can make a case that you are indirectly taking something away from someone else. But the solution shouldn't be self harm. You can't count other people's money. So we shouldn't be able to tell Diddy he has to spend on tuition.

Particularly in a scenario where this scholarship could be given to another wealthy person. If this scholarship was given based on need and merit, then there might be more of a moral dilemma. But it is given based strictly on athletic prowess and unfortunately God doesn't distribute gifts evenly.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm sure diddy pr people will have him pay some other kids way to college....but I remember folks mad when he bought that kid a maybach....so u mad when he spends his own money on his kid,now he's not spendin money on his kid and u still mad?cacs got me defending this fagggot diddy now?

But yes millionaires kids shouldn't get free rides I'm sorry, on the otherhand he did earn it...and if kids who barely pass highschool can get full rides to be "student athletes":manny: its hard to all of a sudden be ethical and get on a highhorse...dude who barely passed and is just a beast in sports didn't earn his at all....and may go on to be a bum at football in college...diddys son might be a bum at football but at least proved he will go to school and do the actual SCHOOL shyt he's supposed to be there for...so who's really the bigger waste of full ride at the end of the day?basically it ain't no ethics in sports,college or proffesional.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
i'm usually down for the "make 'em mad" moments, but this is fukked up, especially because scholarship money is HARD to come by in the UC system, UC's really aren't affordable public education anymore, and there is a huge population who don't qualify for UC grants because of being on the fringe of out of wack household income maximums (you're on struggle in $60k household of 4 in CA while most public grants have cutoffs around there)

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
yall talkin about a kid from the hood would've got so and so don't know shyt about cali's UC system, while that'd be true for a USC or Stanford, the UC's ain't helpin NOBODY, so the people they DO help truly matters

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Its all because its 'Puffy'.. that's the cause of all this straight up and down. Didn't Mike Jordan's kid get a scholly to Central Florida, I think Will Smith's oldest got a scholarship as well. Alot of black pro athlete's kids have gotten D1 schollys without any fallout. Lets face facts, its not easy to root for a guy like Puff.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Didy probably gonna donate 5 times that much over the 4 years his son attendss the school.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
i think it may be because all these "other people" yall bringing up are invisible men, we don't know them or their kids. p diddy is a superstar, his life is public so of course there is gonna be backlash. how don't yall understand this?
:rudy:

Just admit you hate to see nikkas win and :dead: yo ass down.