Folk's Upset Diddy's Son is getting $54,000 Football Scholarship to UCLA

Illeye buckmatic

I Don't Stunt I Regulate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Buckeye State Of Mind
Name 50 ex-ballers or celeb athletes that came from parents all making over 10 million a year......better yet $750,000 a year...

Mike?

Kobe?

Bird?

Magic??

shut the fukk up
:umad: you dumb cac

Bet it burns your soul to see a young black man succeed huh? Might as well have the confederate flag as your avi huh general lee:sitdown:
Make em mad lil diddy:takedat:

Juliano Soprano

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
not really. i knew plenty of middle/upper middle class kids who received grants. unless we're talking about "wealth" relative to diddy.

My statement was more for the "Scholarships are for excellence" part of it.

But Grant money is mainly for lower class though, I can bet there is more to the stories of those upper class kids that got that grant. Or maybe they just cheated the FAFSFA system.

Point is though, If he earned that scholarship I don't think he should give it back because more likely than not, they will be using him waaaaaay more than what he's getting paid for.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
My statement was more for the "Scholarships are for excellence" part of it.

But Grant money is mainly for lower class though, I can bet there is more to the stories of those upper class kids that got that grant. Or maybe they just cheated the FAFSFA system.

i might be confusing grants with loans. my bad.

LittleLordBboy

Madlib Adlib
Daps
Reppin
Just as it was just getting good
He could be altruistic and turn down the scholarship but by no means is he doing anything wrong by accepting the rewards of his success. All we can hope is that understands how lucky he is and creates opportunities for others going forward.

Independent of the topic, America is relatively good at redistributing wealth without being overly restrictive or punitive on the wealthy.

concise

Veteran
Daps
I see some don't understand what an athletic scholarship is about.

I don't have an issue with it because he's hardly the first kid from a rich family to get a scholarship. Realistically, it's an athletic scholarship. Schools are gonna give those to whomever they feel the best prospects are.

:deadrose: I DEBUNKED YOUR UNINFORMED POINT WITH THE QUICKNESS AND YOU SALTY.

LET ME RECAP A COUPLE THINGS FOR YOU

1.THIS IS NOT FREE CHEESE.
2.THESE ARE SCHOLARSHIPS THAT ARE GIVEN TO THE BEST PLAYERS IN THEIR RESPECTIVE SPORTS REGARDLESS OF THE FINANCIAL, EDUCATIONAL,ETHNIC, RELIGIOUS, SOCIAL ECT..BACKGROUND OR STANDING OF THEIR PARENTS.
3.EACH DIVISION 1 TEAM IS GRANTED ROUGHLY 30 NEW INCOMING SCHOLARSHIPS A YEAR.
4.THERE ARE 117 FBS DIVISION 1 TEAMS.
5.THAT MEANS EACH YEAR, THERE ARE 3510 NEW DIVISION 1 SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE IN FOOTBALL.
6.THE 3510 MOST RECRUITED PLAYERS WILL FILL OUT THOSE SLOTS ACCORDINGLY.
7.JUSTIN COMBS, LIKE THE SON OF MANY DOCTORS, LAWYERS, ENGINEERS, CRACKHEADS, GANGBANGERS, FOOTBALL PLAYERS, FALLS WELL WITHIN THE RANGE OF THE 3510 MOST RECRUITED PLAYERS.
8.JUSTIN BEING THE 133RD BEST PLAYER AT HIS POSITION IN THE COUNTRY, HAD 8 FULL RIDE OFFERS.
9.HE CHOSE ACCORDINGLY.
10.YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT IN ANY REGARD BESIDES SPITE,MISINFORMATION, AND ARGUING FOR THE SAKE OF ARGUING.

:umad:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
My dad alone makes over 200k...I got a 3.6 in HS and got a good 60k in scholarships to attend the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign...they look at the merit of the student more often than they do the parents income...

same thing with me...i got a full scholarship to college and a second outside scholarship that gave me 3000 a semester because of my grades...my folks make almost 200k combined...what makes me angry is when i see folks who didnt put in any work in high school academically and his family may have not been well off...but if they want to go to college there's all sorts of need based scholarships they can get that easily that damn near pays for everything...i know several ppl like that :smh:

Francium

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yall same nikkas who supporting diddy and his son was are the same nikkas who was shytting on P and romeo a cpl years back for the same thing.

I'm just saying
Not the same. Romeo got the scholarship based off his friendship with Demar. I've hooped with that nikka when he comes up occasionally and his game is :flabbynsick: and stays getting humbled by future engineers, doctors, and lawyers here.:smugfavre: Definitely not D1 talent, but we'll see how good Justin is. Good to have another Combs at my school :win:

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
Im not saying he didn't earn it, I really don't know if he is good at football or not, but you guys are forgetting that part of the reason a school brings players on is for attention. They recruit players who are popular and the school gets additional coverage, better games on tv, more clothing sales, etc. Just the fact it will generate so much attention for USC means he could be mediocre and still get them what they want.

The whole point of the football team is to generate money and glofiy the school so that they can continue to charge a lot of money because of its 'prestige'

Daps
Reppin
Atlanta To New Orleans
The people who say he earned it are forgetting what the definition of a scholarship is...

Scholarships are not automatic. The original intent of them were to help those who had bright minds and/or great athletic talent attend a top-level college where those talents/skills would be best served IF they could not quite afford the services of the school.

Meeting the requirements of a scholarship should not mean a person automatically receives one. People are making this a race issue when I've seen the exact kind of thing happen at Morehouse, Howard, FAMU, etc... where kids were getting full rides for band scholarships while their parents made $250k+ per year and could EASILY afford the tuition. Meanwhile kids with parents who made below $40k total had kids beasting in bands in high school but due to the school they attended, the test scores/academics didn't quite match up as highly as those kids of well-off parents. So those low-income kids got less assistance or none at all in terms of scholarships as opposed to government aid (they are NOT the same).

If you think Diddy's son "earned" it, that's fine. But if you think he should get it, then you have no idea who or what a scholarship was originally intended for.