FML! We Can't Have Sh!t! The New York Jets 2023 Season Thread!

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
In 75 games as the Jets GM, Joe Douglas is 24-57, for a .320 winning percentage.

In 43 games as the Jets HC, Robert Saleh is 15-28, for a .349 winning percentage.

Things had gotten embarrassing for them before Rodgers ever became a possibility for the Jets. You are what your record says you are.

What, exactly, do these two men deserve a pass for? :dahell:

When your QB1 goes down drive 1 of the season it's really tough for me to hold it against them. If they were 4-5 with Rodgers playing that's different. I just think they'll run it back in 2024, use the first on a OT and hope for the best.

RhodyRum

Mark Gassed-A-Heaux
Daps
Reppin
The Great Green North
When your QB1 goes down drive 1 of the season it's really tough for me to hold it against them. If they were 4-5 with Rodgers playing that's different. I just think they'll run it back in 2024, use the first on a OT and hope for the best.

You do realize those two were already WAY below .500 before the "savior" / "built in excuse" known as Aaron Rodgers ever changed his address from Green Bay to East Rutherford, right?

And if the Jets are intending, in any way, to "run it back" in 2024, then I have no idea what you have to look forward to in 2024 as a Jet fan, given the already pitiful track record of the Douglas / Saleh regime. "Run It Back" should be the bloody LAST thing any Jet fan should be accepting at this point in tims.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
You do realize those two were already WAY below .500 before the "savior" / "built in excuse" known as Aaron Rodgers ever changed his address from Green Bay to East Rutherford, right?
Neither guy has done a good job, but I'd bet the mortgage money Woody isn't firing either guy off this year.

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Let’s say Rodgers comes back they go 10-7 get blown off the field in the wild card round in 2024, then what?
I'm OK with that :manny:

Most likely what's going to happen is the Jets will finish up 6-11, everyone comes back, they might make Zach the scapegoat, draft a OT high in the draft and pray for health in 2024.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Let’s say Rodgers comes back they go 10-7 get blown off the field in the wild card round in 2024, then what?
I think that's the most likely scenario TBH.

I think it depends on Rodgers, really. If he wants to come back for 2025 and likes Saleh, they probably give him a short term deal, along with JD.

RhodyRum

Mark Gassed-A-Heaux
Daps
Reppin
The Great Green North
Neither guy has done a good job, but I'd bet the mortgage money Woody isn't firing either guy off this year.

On the Woody point, that we agree on 100%.

My only point of contention was if you were alluding to them coming back on merit and excuses.

Woody Johnson is, however, just the type of useful idiot to twiddle his thumbs while the stadium burns down. It's like him and the New York Jets franchise were born for each other.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP

My only point of contention was if you were alluding to them coming back on merit and excuses.

Woody Johnson is, however, just the type of useful idiot to twiddle his thumbs while the stadium burns down. It's like him and the New York Jets franchise were born for each other.

He worried about more important things

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

Nah, I'm not a fan of either guy and both can go. I just think Rodgers runs the franchise for as long as he's here, for better or worse.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Miss me with that fam...

He traded for a 40 year old QB and put him behind one of the worst olines in the league...Never mind the fact he's fully aware his team plays in the Meadowlands, home of one of the worst field turf stadiums in the L...

I literally called this shyt...

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Zach Wilson can start in this league. He can be a solid QB.

But it absolutely won't happen with this current Jets team/organization. This Jets team is fatally flawed and it was constructed for one man to make it work. He lasted just four plays into the season.