Fly/Fashionable brehs, whats the secret?

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
DMV nikkas know how to dress it up and down. they put on the Balances as well as them peeping the Adidas sweats from soccer folks. Theres so much more. Ill argue DMV folks dress better than NYC folks on average.

I think the the bulky sneaker shoe silhouette that has gained wide spread popularity in fashion has drawn inspiration from the new balance 990 worn by DMV heads.

HTXBreh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
At a point in my life where I'm able to really bring things full circle with my image before I enter my 30s next year.

I have a decent fashion sense, but I keep it minimal because it's been affordable as I've worked my way up in my career.

I got some questions for you, so we can up our game in 2021.

1) Do you get all your clothes tailored?

2) Where do you mostly shop online?

3) Any secrets to keeping clothes looking new when washing/drying?

4) What articles of clothing do you spend the most on?
Dry clean your clothes and find a celebrity/ig influencer to mirror your style after if you dont know how to dress.

My 2 favorite black owned brands are sia collective and lifestyle nyc.
Theres a cheaper 1 called denim tears.

Last edited:

King Kai

Supporter
Daps
nikkas will drop all types of items in here but

Uh7LeWM.gif

being in shape is the quickest lane. the end all be all.

doesn't matter how much shyt you buy if you look :flabbynsick: in all of it

Asicz

Daps
Also don't be afraid of getting style suggestion/tips from females!

I have done this and it worked out great.
If you are in a store holler at a female shopper or female store employee ( maybe even a gay male store employee yeah I know no homo but gay males basically have run the fashion design industry for decades...)
and ask them what they think or how a piece of clothing looks on you or how pieces of clothing compare.

If you noticed most fashionable dudes from school or even famous dudes that were known for drip has fashionable female relatives or single mothers.
#Super Facts
#My advise will turn a coli breh zero to hero
# I literally have to figure out ways to Not fukk bytches while I'm out and about

Last edited:

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
Honestly you should probably find a fashion blog for the style you like if your just starting. If your into streetwear like me then you can find stores that cater to you and go from there. Look on IG explore page or type in a brand you like and go find some people that swag it nicely. Look at what clothes they are wearing and cop.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
If I see one more thread about fashion and a nikka bring up Nikes and Jordans I think I'm going to keel. Good god. :hhh:
Nothing wrong with Tennis shoes if your swag right. Shoes are only part of the fit and really compliment them but don’t make or break the fit. Even if your casual style you can still wear both.

Asicz

Daps
Also there are style message board forums like Andyclothes.com use the search bar.
Also learn the color wheel for color coordination

Also I agree with the others generally Don't go cheap on shoes/ sneakers or outerwear spend 130 to 150$ and up retail on sneakers

Last edited:

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
It’s funny because by dressing people would think I’m from the DMV but I’m from Cleveland. I always have to let them know. It’s similar styles but we don’t really do New Balances. We was doing Nike and Polo Boots before they became popular. We’ve always been on that 90s basketball shoe style too. Like me wearing foams always have my coworkers like oh you trying to be like us but nah we been on that.

Daps
Focus on fit and it’ll make you look a lot more handsome and attractive.

I don’t get my clothes tailored unless it was a suit. You can buy slim fit dress shirts that should fit fine if you aren’t fat. Will make you look like a millions bucks cuz most men wear ballooning dress-shirts.

dark, selvedge jeans are good. If you’re slim go for the tapered... if you aren’t, go for the regular fit.

Decent brands are levis, Uniqlo, apc (expensive). Just gotta know your fit.

I like checking Pinterest, mr porter, slam jam, apc,

wash clothes on delicate. Don’t really have to wash jeans after every wear. A drying rack is better for clothes. Hand washing jeans is good.

Quality suits, shoes, jeans, jackets (non trendy) will last you for at least 10 years

King Kai

Supporter
Daps
i do
but i tailor them myself

i used to do alterations at Neiman Marcus Dallas
so i was doing atelier work on high high-end couture stuff like BB Prorsum and Purple Label RRL.
This would be a hell of a life skill to have fr :ohhh:

Luckily tailors are pretty cheap especially for simple hems but that's dope.