Fly/Fashionable brehs, whats the secret?

Organic Trees

Go Cavs! #LetEmKnow
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland born & raised
Do your own research. Find inspiration from how others dress & incorporate certain pieces that fit you. Don’t be afraid to be different. I’m a fat nikka that rock all black. I get a lot of compliments when it comes to my shoes cause I like flashy kicks that stand out. Name brands matter to a certain extent (depending on your age) but just do you & add flavor to that. I get most of my shyt tailored cause I don’t like baggy. I shop online for exclusive shyt.

Music Fiend

Superstar
Daps
Do your own research. Find inspiration from how others dress & incorporate certain pieces that fit you. Don’t be afraid to be different. I’m a fat nikka that rock all black. I get a lot of compliments when it comes to my shoes cause I like flashy kicks that stand out. Name brands matter to a certain extent (depending on your age) but just do you & add flavor to that
Thanks for contributing breh. I'm not asking about finding your style. Thats a case by case thing.

just where to get better qualities pieces yall trust, how to care for them and if theres any extra sauce that goes a long way. Like one of my homeboys swears by his eyewear/frames. He'll drop 400+ on glasses and tailors everything

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
There's a whole goddamn chasm between fast fashion stores like Zara and actual fashion.

Pretty rare for a "lesser known" brand to be particularly affordable compared to what they sell at Bloomingdale's. The indie fashion brands just don't have the production scale to be competitive on price.

I think you can get a lot of value at grailed.com for second hand designer. You can't really go wrong with the classics, the ones that rappers name drop, just hard to get them at a good price.

The folks at weargustin.com try to avoid some of the traditional issues with indie fashion by preselling their stuff and the craftsmanship is pretty solid.

Some less talked about designer brands might be Billy Reid, Vince, Nid de Guepes. The Japanese crehs like Kapital and Undercover have some bangers some times. Theory and Rag and Bone are a little better known but always worth checking for. All these ones are pretty expensive though.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Zara, H&M and comparable stores all have to go. Everybody shops there, there isn't a coordinated look within the stores themselves, just cheapness.

:hhh:

Get a good tweed overcoat. The overcoat immediately separates you from everyone else.

Now is the time to start looking as they are fall pieces. Clearances should be up and running. Not sure which stores in the States you would go to for that. Macy's or higher end department stores like that I suppose.

Grab some brown and black loafers with memory cushion. When I'm switching from Jordans I hate feeling the concrete like you would in a converse.

Confidence and coordination will do more than any clothing suggestion I could give you.

Music Fiend

Superstar
Daps
There's a whole goddamn chasm between fast fashion stores like Zara and actual fashion.

Pretty rare for a "lesser known" brand to be particularly affordable compared to what they sell at Bloomingdale's. The indie fashion brands just don't have the production scale to be competitive on price.

I think you can get a lot of value at grailed.com for second hand designer. You can't really go wrong with the classics, the ones that rappers name drop, just hard to get them at a good price.

The folks at weargustin.com try to avoid some of the traditional issues with indie fashion by preselling their stuff and the craftsmanship is pretty solid.

Some less talked about designer brands might be Billy Reid, Vince, Nid de Guepes. The Japanese crehs like Kapital and Undercover have some bangers some times. Theory and Rag and Bone are a little better known but always worth checking for. All these ones are pretty expensive though.
Thanks for the info bro

I'm not a guru but not clueless, I buy from some lesser known places and grailed. Just looking for some new suggestions like the rag and bone one mentioned.

appreciate u g:salute:

Music Fiend

Superstar
Daps
Zara, H&M and comparable stores all have to go. Everybody shops there, there isn't a coordinated look within the stores themselves, just cheapness.

:hhh:

Get a good tweed overcoat. The overcoat immediately separates you from everyone else.

Now is the time to start looking as they are fall pieces. Clearances should be up and running. Not sure which stores in the States you would go to for that. Macy's or higher end department stores like that I suppose.

Grab some brown and black loafers with memory cushion. When I'm switching from Jordans I hate feeling the concrete like you would in a converse.

Confidence and coordination will do more than any clothing suggestion I could give you.

those memory foam loafers are clutch. Ill look into the tweed overcoats too man.

what are some store/online store suggestions?

sosayeth

All Star
Daps
Here ya go, fam. :russ:

badaa76d80a78b88d6c2cc83fb697594202d4392.jpg

Not gonna lie, if I was young, I'd rock this. :whew: And the ends of his locks are white. :whoo:

But, seriously, I just came across this Korean fashion store. It looks like they only carry previous season items, but who cares, you'd be the only person in your area rocking this stuff anyway.

TNOT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
I prefer a mix of everything really. For the most part my day to day attire is

Athleisure - nike tech fleece, some fresh nikes, solid tee or polo, watch

Streetwear/casual - jeans, jordans/all ehite leather kicks, watches, bomber jackets or flashy short sleeve button ups

casual fly - chelsea boots or solid sneakers, trousers/slacks, short sleeve sweater shirts, and lapel jackets
Just keep doing what you doing , but don’t get to trendy.
Agreed. I know myself and my style. Just looking for some reliable good quality places to shop online that arent the universal basics like asos, zara, banana republic, uniqlo, etc.

An example: I like this lil shop online called mauvais for trousers.

I'm not looking for a stylist, just better options and learning how to care, spend. I have a good $5k to blow
Mack Weldon for casual stuff.

start searching online, and you’ll get more recommendations on IG.

it doesn’t have to be pricey. My favorite brand for Ts is 32 degrees. Shirts be like 5 bucks but if you’re in shape they fit perfect

mrfortune

All Star
Daps
high quality basics like 2 jeans (200 +) 2 chino/slacks (200+) 2-3 jackets (300+). everything else high quality but can go cheaper. you want fabric that feels and looks good, nice cuts that compliment. no words or logos minimal . ive had girls tell me how nice the fabrics are on my clothing. my go to is rag and bone, theory, vince etc for basics. most importantly no made in china crap. shop for clothing made in usa, canada, portugal etc. i transitioned from junk to almost rocking made in usa and italy exclusively .

Leao2005

All Star
Supporter
Daps
At a point in my life where I'm able to really bring things full circle with my image before I enter my 30s next year.

I have a decent fashion sense, but I keep it minimal because it's been affordable as I've worked my way up in my career.

I got some questions for you, so we can up our game in 2021.

1) Do you get all your clothes tailored?

2) Where do you mostly shop online?

3) Any secrets to keeping clothes looking new when washing/drying?

4) What articles of clothing do you spend the most on?

1) Have only tailored my pants. I kinda OCD about my pant being well fitting.

2) Grailed, TheRealReal, Ebay, Ssense when they have sales, and the retailers of brands I like websites.

3) air dry if you have time.

4) Shoes, Outwear, and Accessories should always have a thought process behind buying them. Not only do these draw the most attention when it comes to outfits, but they have the most utility of all the clothing items you can own. A Badly invested pair of shoes can ruin your whole night comfort wise, badly invested Outwear piece will not keep you warm.
On top of that, shoes honestly make or brake outfits. Your chemistry of your shoes in relation to the rest of your outfit affect how good or bad it can or will be. For example, (this a fit I wore) a jean jacket with a grey sweater and black Uniqlo chinos looks completely when I chose to wear my white Common projects Achilles lows and when I throw on my Cole Haans black oxfords.

Theres more I could get into.Im only 24 for but I been into fashion since my freshmen year of college. A lot of style changes both look wise and quality wise.

Leao2005

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Sabiato shirt hoody with new balance 990s enter the chat... lol

#DMV
DMV nikkas know how to dress it up and down. they put on the Balances as well as them peeping the Adidas sweats from soccer folks. Theres so much more. Ill argue DMV folks dress better than NYC folks on average.

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
I feel like if you are under 30 there is a lot of fukkery because the fashion icons for those demographics are rappers who dress like the black version of 90s rockers.

And the result is clothing/style that doesn't translate well for real life. The result is you dressing ins way that you will get you basically zero bytches and zero employment.

No wonder currently we have the highest number of male virgins under 30 at anytime recorded.