Fly/Fashionable brehs, whats the secret?

Music Fiend

Superstar
Daps
what u trying to spend and do u prefer more street style shyt or regular? Bloomingdale’s, Saks, etc are good. Nordstrom on the lower end. There’s a bunch of online spots too
I prefer a mix of everything really. For the most part my day to day attire is

Athleisure - nike tech fleece, some fresh nikes, solid tee or polo, watch

Streetwear/casual - jeans, jordans/all ehite leather kicks, watches, bomber jackets or flashy short sleeve button ups

casual fly - chelsea boots or solid sneakers, trousers/slacks, short sleeve sweater shirts, and lapel jackets

Music Fiend

Superstar
Daps
you about to get sent in every direction a once

the secret is studying yourself

once you know what's for you then you can develop a visual language that communicates that clearly

no one outside yourself can really style you to perfection

Agreed. I know myself and my style. Just looking for some reliable good quality places to shop online that arent the universal basics like asos, zara, banana republic, uniqlo, etc.

An example: I like this lil shop online called mauvais for trousers.

I'm not looking for a stylist, just better options and learning how to care, spend. I have a good $5k to blow

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
Agreed. I know myself and my style. Just looking for some reliable good quality places to shop online that arent the universal basics like asos, zara, banana republic, uniqlo, etc.

An example: I like this lil shop online called mauvais for trousers.

I'm not looking for a stylist, just better options and learning how to care, spend. I have a good $5k to blow
online shopping has always disappointed me*

Music Fiend

Superstar
Daps
Only wash them when they're actually dirty, not after every use. I don't even wear my nice clothes around the house. Once I come in, I hang up my fit, and change right into some sweats and a tee.

When it is time to wash an article, use Soak, and air dry. If you must use a dryer, always use the lowest heat, but I'd advise against it whenever possible.

No-Rinse Detergent Will Make You Want To Hand Wash Everything

61gFAz3Ay8L._AC_SX425_.jpg

I use this collapsable basin when cleaning my clothes (click on the image for the amazon link)

71Edq5lzrBL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Iron your clothes inside-out too
Good shyt breh. Once I spend this $, I dont want to worry about fading and shrinking.

thanks homie

sosayeth

All Star
Daps
I don't consider myself fashionable or fly, but...

1) Do you get all your clothes tailored

Overcoats, suits, dress shirts, dress pants... Definitely.

2) Where do you mostly shop online?

Like I wrote above, I don't think of myself as fly or fashionable, BUT my entire wardrobe comes from Japan or South Korea. I get compliments on stuff even though it's not European designer, but simply 'cause it's different. I'm sure you could find stuff online these days.

3) Any secrets to keeping clothes looking new when washing/drying?

I turn everything inside out before washing. That's the part that needs the most cleaning anyway. I only air dry my jeans. Jackets, sweaters, overcoats and dress clothes used to go to the dry cleaners, but I'm gonna start hand washing them next fall.

I recently noticed my mom puts a load of clothes in the washing machine, lets it fill up, then uses the water and soap to soak and hand wash delicates and sweaters. Smart as fukk. :wow:

4) What articles of clothing do you spend the most on?

Coats, dress shoes and dress pants.
I only wear solid color t-shirts. I think I would get them at like 3 for 700 yen each, but they're for the Japanese market, so even though they're hecka cheap, they look nice and last. I only wear Edwin jeans and khakis.

Last edited:

Music Fiend

Superstar
Daps
online shopping has always disappointed me*
Me too tbh. Which Is why I was hoping for some new sites just to see some tried and true options

i probably waste $500 or more a year on clothing that doesn't have the best fit/sizing, or quality it appeared to be.

what are your brick/mortar spots you go to in person?

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
Me too tbh. Which Is why I was hoping for some new sites just to see some tried and true options

i probably waste $500 or more a year on clothing that doesn't have the best fit/sizing, or quality it appeared to be.

what are your brick/mortar spots you go to in person?
yup that's the main issue with online

fortunate i am in nyc pretty much every brand has a flagship here or a spot that stocks well

so anything you might be looking for there is a brick/mortar you can pull up & shop in person

some folks plan a trip to a city just to build their wardrobe that's a little extra but yeah bro if it's that serious ha

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
At a point in my life where I'm able to really bring things full circle with my image before I enter my 30s next year.

I have a decent fashion sense, but I keep it minimal because it's been affordable as I've worked my way up in my career.

I got some questions for you, so we can up our game in 2021.

1) Do you get all your clothes tailored?

2) Where do you mostly shop online?

3) Any secrets to keeping clothes looking new when washing/drying?

4) What articles of clothing do you spend the most on?

‘first thing first is you need to find some style inspiration

Polo from head to toe everyday

Can’t go wrong

it’s 2021

Music Fiend

Superstar
Daps
If I see one more thread about fashion and a nikka bring up Nikes and Jordans I think I'm going to keel. Good god. :hhh:
those are basics breh. I have more wingtips, chelsea boots and loafers than js/dunks/air maxes.

Some nights you just vibin with friends at a bar watching a game, exploring the city or hitting a bbq.