MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Daps
Smh.

A lot of y'all don't know how this world really works. You're emotionally invested (understandably) meanwhile DeSantis, Iger and all these other guys realize this is Kabuki theater. They know it but need for you guys to continue believing in the storyline. But the second there is an opportunity they will both cut a deal and move on, meanwhile you're left with the emotional baggage of being angry bc the side you perceive as the enemy wasn't utterly destroyed.

If you're confused go to the thread about the Fox News/Dominion lawsuit. People swore up and down Dominion was about to strike a blow for democracy and take Fox down for good.

Dominion is a bad example. Dominion is worth about $80 million. It’d be dumb as fukk to turn down a settlement offer worth 10x the value of the company.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
they will never stop:mjpls:
I've seen some of the evangelical schools teaching of native american history which is a complete joke. This shouldn't surprise anyone

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pretty wild to see dude think he’s being objective when it’s clear to the rest of us that he’s emotionally invested in making sure his prediction comes true.

It's not already true? It's pretty obvious he's running.

I have no problems accepting and admitting when I'm wrong. I also try to always discuss any weaknesses in my arguments/analysis. I am open to information that may contradict my predictions and even link it in this thread. I think that's pretty objective.

Everything I say, even the things you see as attacks or unfair, is based in experience.

I can tell some are emotionally invested bc it was very similar to what happened during the Mueller investigation. I recognized afterwards that I fell into the same trap to a certain extent.

You have to look at these things with a much wider context. It's not about Disney and DeSantis specifically. The canvas is much larger. Instead of thinking about them personally/individually, think about it as "corporate and political" or "money and politics." Yes they can sometimes come into conflict. But fundamentally they work hand in hand, and neither is ever interested in fighting the other in a way that can cause long lasting harm. This is why nothing of real consequence ever happens when they face each other.

Climate change, race/cultural controversies, monopolism, political reform, corruption etc. The examples are there for you to see breh.

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx

scares-me-i-fear-no-man.gif

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do you still believe this?

fukk no. I mean it's obvious he's running a standard 50+1 style campaign so it's highly unlikely he's going to receive any more Dem votes than what you would expect in any presidential election.

2023 DeSantis is not the same as 2019/2020 DeSantis. If you go back there was a time his approval ratings were sky high considering the % of votes he won against Gillum. Those polls weren't asking only GOP voters. And then he ended up flipping longtime Dem strongholds in his reelection.

Obviously he's made the calculation, and it's one I've said can end up hurting him, that he has to out trump trump.

It's actually OK to change an opinion when underlying facts have changed smh.

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukk no. I mean it's obvious he's running a standard 50+1 style campaign so it's highly unlikely he's going to receive any more Dem votes than what you would expect in any presidential election.

2023 DeSantis is not the same as 2019/2020 DeSantis. If you go back there was a time his approval ratings were sky high considering the % of votes he won against Gillum. Those polls weren't asking only GOP voters. And then he ended up flipping longtime Dem strongholds in his reelection.

Obviously he's made the calculation, and it's one I've said can end up hurting him, that he has to out trump trump.

:mjlol: :mjlol:2022 Florida isnt the same as 2018 Florida, floridians can tell you that, and the population boom should tell you that as well.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang

So when I said the premise of the thread was wrong, why did you type all of those words for no other reason that attempting to change your prediction so that it’s now, “more correct?”

Much of what you’ve written off as emotional responses is just people refuting by your initial claim that Desantis was going to pivot into a liberal friendly candidate when all he’s done so far is triple down on his right wing facism

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So when I said the premise of the thread was wrong, why did you type all of those words for no other reason that attempting to change your prediction so that it’s now, “more correct?”

Much of what you’ve written off as emotional responses is just people refuting by your initial claim that Desantis was going to pivot into a liberal friendly candidate when all he’s done so far is triple down on his right wing facism

Breh my prediction was that he would run in 2024 and that he would eventually be the favorite. I think those were spot on. I didn't think trump would run again and I thought initially that his COVID response was going to sink his chances for the future - I was clearly wrong on those issues.

I also said he used the southern strategy/racism shyt to win his election against Gillum but that I thought he would abandon that style to appeal to more voters including "redemption loving liberals." And frankly that's pretty much what happened until COVID hit full force. Do you realize that at one point he had 72% approval ratings overall and 50% among Black voters?

If you're confused by what I meant by that term just say so but suggesting I said he would be "liberal friendly" - those are your words.

YoNoSe

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pretty wild to see dude think he’s being objective when it’s clear to the rest of us that he’s emotionally invested in making sure his prediction comes true.

This dude is way too emotional/sensitive to be President. Too many emotional and extreme decisions, along with petty remarks.

People were worried about a woman being too emotional as a president, but we can present Exhibit A, Ron Desantis, on what that may look like.

Such a fake tough guy. I can’t wait to see him outside of Florida on a debate stage, where he isn’t coddled or has the home field advantage.