Reppin
got a call for three nines

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This dude is gonna blow it nationally.

He's one step away from a Howard Dean "Byaaahh!" moment.

Breh, the media doesn't play fair when it comes to shyt like this. Republicans are NEVER held to the same standard. The reason Howard got "Byaaaahhhh'd" out is bc he was a legit progressive, and lefties/hippies are always fair game, even to the "liberal" media. He was the candidate that revolutionized campaign financing bc he saw the power of online organizing. He wasn't a p*ssy, he was a doctor that was talking about universal health care, was right about Iraq etc...A lot of ppl in the Dem party celebrated and egged the "byaaaaahh" shyt along bc they knew he represented a real threat to the establishment.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Breh my prediction was that he would run in 2024 and that he would eventually be the favorite
I quoted your words from your first post :pachaha:

You’re really trying to gaslight me :Okayab:

I also said he used the southern strategy/racism shyt to win his election against Gillum but that I thought he would abandon that style to appeal to more voters including "redemption loving liberals." And frankly that's pretty much what happened until COVID hit full force. Do you realize that at one point he had 72% approval ratings overall and 50% among Black voters?
You keep repeating this like it’s still somehow valid. I don’t know why. It’s even worse when people who live in Florida keep telling you otherwise.

To save us this back and forth, let me phrase it out for you.

I think you’re so committed to your prediction of Desantis being the favorite and winning the nomination that you’re cherry picking data to support this claim while wholly ignoring or handwaving any inconvenient facts stating you in the face.

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
I think you’re so committed to your prediction of Desantis being the favorite and winning the nomination that you’re cherry picking data to support this claim while wholly ignoring or handwaving any inconvenient facts stating you in the face.

Exactly, I agree with this assessment. @GnauzBookOfRhymes , all respect to you as a poster, but you're not being so objective in your own right.

I have already said on here that DeSantis still has a path, especially as the justice system continues to ensnare Trump, and the former President continues saying things out loud that demonstrate he is even crazier this time than last time around.

But you also have your ego tied in to this prediction, so seeing you accuse other people of not being objective seems very...

:sas1: glass house

Daps

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh, the media doesn't play fair when it comes to shyt like this. Republicans are NEVER held to the same standard. The reason Howard got "Byaaaahhhh'd" out is bc he was a legit progressive, and lefties/hippies are always fair game, even to the "liberal" media. He was the candidate that revolutionized campaign financing bc he saw the power of online organizing. He wasn't a p*ssy, he was a doctor that was talking about universal health care, was right about Iraq etc...A lot of ppl in the Dem party celebrated and egged the "byaaaaahh" shyt along bc they knew he represented a real threat to the establishment.
I get what you're saying and you'd have a point in the general, but in a primary against Trump this dude is gonna look like a fukkin dweeb. The MAGA base that he can't win without actually thinks Trump has a 'cool' factor that Desantis just doesn't.

How you gonna own the libs doing goofy shyt like this? :martin:

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I quoted your words from your first post :pachaha:

You’re really trying to gaslight me :Okayab:

You keep repeating this like it’s still somehow valid. I don’t know why. It’s even worse when people who live in Florida keep telling you otherwise.

To save us this back and forth, let me phrase it out for you.

That's the thing though. Which inconvenient "facts" am I ignoring or handwaving?

If I disagree with your ANALYSIS/CONCLUSIONS of a story/event/issue I always give reasons, backed up with data, historical precedent etc.

The "cherry picking" comment is some serious projection breh. I'm just trying to have a more nuanced discussion.

I get what you're saying and you'd have a point in the general, but in a primary against Trump this dude is gonna look like a fukkin dweeb. The MAGA base that he can't win without actually thinks Trump has a 'cool' factor that Desantis just doesn't.

How you gonna own the libs doing goofy shyt like this? :martin:

I definitely understand where you're coming from re: the "cool" factor etc but I think in the final analysis even many of the trumpies will end up supporting the candidate that has the best chance of actually winning.

I posted a few articles and you're even seeing now with some of the local politicians who have switched their endorsements to DeSantis from trump.

And finally its very obvious that the media has a huge stake in this. It's why they've been propping trump up (again). How many times have we seen this story? Where the media finds a story, beats it to death only to admit after some time passes that they might have sensationalized it beyond what the underlying facts actually show. It happens all the time. Happened with Clinton and emails. Trump and 2016. It happened after trump won when ever major media org plastered the net and airwaves with stories about how white ppl voted for trump due to "economic anxiety" and then it turned out his voters had relatively higher incomes. People need to be a little more careful basing their conclusions on these kinds of stories/anecdotes bc they are usually pumped out to only receptive audiences. Most republicans are driven by hatred/negative emotions. As long as the candidate hates the right people they're not going to care that he is a goofy.