Florida Gov. DeSantis will run for President in 2028

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis on Tuesday signed into law a bill based on a proposal he released earlier this year that’s designed to undermine most public sector unions across the state, under the guise of “paycheck protection.”

Over a decade in the making, the union bill imposes new requirements on unions representing thousands of Floridians who work within the public sector, from bus drivers, to sanitation workers, public healthcare workers, librarians, 911 dispatchers, social welfare employees, and city and county government workers.

The bill will make it more difficult for unions to collect dues, impose costly financial audits that could unduly burden smaller unions, and will make it harder for unions to remain certified and to bargain for better pay and working conditions for the workers they represent, including those who choose not to financially support their union as a dues-paying member.

Unions representing cops, firefighters, correctional and probation officers — which often endorse Republicans for office, and donate generously to their campaigns — are exempted from most provisions of the legislation, which has been proposed in some iteration since at least 2011.

After mass transit worker unions warned the legislation could cost the state of Florida over $500 million in federal transit funds, those unions got their own carveout of sorts, too.

“Gov. DeSantis gives a lot of lip service to supporting teachers, but he doesn’t want to hear teachers or staff, pay them what they’re worth or give them the professional respect that they deserve,” Andrew Spar, president of the Florida Education Association, said in a statement after the bill signing. “This new law grossly oversteps in trying to silence teachers, staff, professors and most other public employees. We will not go quietly — our students and our professions are simply too important.”

Touted as legislation to “empower educators,” the “paycheck protection” initiative is similar to other policies enacted in other states across the country, backed by conservative, billionaire-funded groups like the American Legislative Exchange Council — which feeds model policies to state legislators.

Florida’s bill was also backed by the Florida Chamber of Commerce, the Freedom Foundation and the Opportunity Solutions Project, a lobbying arm of the Florida-based group that’s behind a national campaign to deregulate child labor and put kids back to work in dangerous occupations.

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
Why in The Red White and Blue Apple Pie fukk am I seeing his Never Back Down ads on My Sportscenter????:scust:
because the wealthy white men that own those teams and channels make timely and substantial political contributions

edit: if youre paying for espn on cable, youre paying for fox news too. FNC takes in over $1.8 billion annually from subscribers fees. we seriously need some laws passed that allow people to purchase cable a la carte. might even save that dying industry.

Last edited:

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
This is the most effective way to curtail illegal immigration. But Let’s see how businesses and eventually consumers feel when it’s policy. :mjgrin:

Gonna be a cold summer.

Dead produce, no folks at the hotels, construction sites, diners, landscaping, taxi drivers or food trucks.

That's not even including home health aids, babysitters, or handymen.

Dumbasse$.

I give this about another month before them CEOs of these companies come crying to the altar. Oh and no rent being paid or cars being bought.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Gonna be a cold summer.

Dead produce, no folks at the hotels, construction sites, diners, landscaping, taxi drivers or food trucks.

Dumbasse$.

I give this about another month before them CEOs of these companies come crying to the altar. Oh and no rent being paid or cars being bought.

:blessed: American Jobs are back! :troll:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Gonna be a cold summer.

Dumbasse$.

Glad I did my family Disney trip last year. fukkery is off the charts now.