Florida Gov. DeSantis will run for President in 2028

Daps
Im mainly talking about black men moreso than women.

To answer your question, the homophobic and transphobic arguments, and I would argue that Latino men are susceptible to these arguments as well.

Do you have polling data to back up that claim? And please distinguish between the gay argument and trans argument.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
You and I are not necessarily arguing opposite points.

I explicitly said that the majority of black people vote Democrat, and we are also their most reliable voters (black women
especially)
. I don't mean to suggest we lean towards the GOP at all.

But what I'm saying is that our tendency to be religious make us more susceptible to some of the conservative arguments than one might think. I would never have guessed before 2020 that Trumps voter share among black voters would go up the second time he was on the ballot.

I think our major point of disagreement is to whether DeSantis has any chance at all of getting Trumps vote share with black voters (or better). I'm not saying it will happen for sure, but I thinks it's too early to dismiss DeSantis's potential appeal to black voters.

And again, some of these homophobic and transphobic arguments might be more compelling to black voters than one might think, and that is usually because of religion.

I am not arguing about abortion, which is a terrible issue for Republicans, or criminal justice reform.
and in the black community, women go to church more. so their tendency to be religious doesn't seem to make them susceptible to conservative arguments.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Explain your position. Why would black voter turnout (for Desantis) increase after all of his blatant racism? This is where ya'll are losing me.

You’re asking me to explain this or justify my concern when IT ALREADY HAPPENED THIS PAST ELECTION :snoop:

and in the black community, women go to church more. so their tendency to be religious doesn't seem to make them susceptible to conservative arguments.

The only thing is that the margins today are so tight that even small shifts can make a huge difference.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal

@satam55 tell me how DeSantis didn't do anything wrong and it's the black guy's fault.

how dare you try to blame dear benevolent leader ron for this.

Don't trust them new nikkas over there
Leaving they nikka essence in the air
Them happy nappy headed nikkas with their fingers on the touchscreen
Don't trust them big nostrils over yonder
They suck up so much air it'll make you wonder
Don't trust them new nikkas with their spiny little nikka voting fingers