Florida Gov. DeSantis will run for President in 2028

Daps
He's not saying black voters would go majority for Desantis, hes just saying that the vote share could increase under DeSantis compared to Trump's numbers. That's not a ridiculous statement.

Let's not forget that Trumps vore share among black voters went up from 16 to 20. Also, again, black people are overly religious and black men (along with Latino men) are especially susceptible to homophobic and transphobic messages. And even though Republicans are the party always in the embroildered in immoral scandals, they somehow manage to maintain a facade that they are the religious party. Let's also not forget that blue collared workers of every race are trending towards the GOP.

All of these factors, especially if the economy is in a downturn when voting happens, could mean even higher of a black vote share for DeSantis than Trump.
That’s an absolutely ridiculous statement. Trump was never as overtly racist and hostile to black people as Desantis. You can go around spewing that shut about CRT and not expect black ppl to immediately know the bullshyt ur on. Not the bills allowing you to run over protestors and the so called loud music bill that gives cops permission to harass black ppl

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's not saying black voters would go majority for Desantis, hes just saying that the vote share could increase under DeSantis compared to Trump's numbers. That's not a ridiculous statement.

Let's not forget that Trumps vore share among black voters went up from 16 to 20. Also, again, black people are overly religious and black men (along with Latino men) are especially susceptible to homophobic and transphobic messages. And even though Republicans are the party always in the embroildered in immoral scandals, they somehow manage to maintain a facade that they are the religious party. Let's also not forget that blue collared workers of every race are trending towards the GOP.

All of these factors, especially if the economy is in a downturn when voting happens, could mean even higher of a black vote share for DeSantis than Trump.

Breh you're preaching to the willingly deaf and blind.

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset

Let's not forget that Trumps vote share among black voters went up from 16 to 20. Also, again, black people are overly religious and black men (along with Latino men) are especially susceptible to homophobic and transphobic messages. And even though Republicans are the party always in the embroildered in immoral scandals, they somehow manage to maintain a facade that they are the religious party. Let's also not forget that blue collared workers of every race are trending towards the GOP.

where did you get these numbers from? trump went from 8 percent to 12 percent from 2016 to 2020 in the exit polls

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
where did you get these numbers from? trump went from 8 percent to 12 percent from 2016 to 2020 in the exit polls

....Isn't that a confirmation of what I said? From 2016 to 2020, his voter share among black voters (and literally every demographic except white men) went up.

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Explain your position. Why would black voter turnout (for Desantis) increase after all of his blatant racism? This is where ya'll are losing me.

Because, maybe with the exception of Native Americans and American Jews, every race of minorities are trending Republican. Democrats still win the majority of every minority race, but their grasp, especially on men, is slipping. Race is is becoming a less reliable predictor of party affiliation than level of education, age, and how close you live to a city center. The Democratic party is becoming whiter and more educated.

Again, for now Democrats still win the majority of black people, and black women are their most reliable voters. But black people are very religious and tend to be more socially conservative.

And again, black men are very susceptible to the transphobic/homophobic campaign that DeSantis is waging, and him claiming that he challenged the AP black history course because of its inclusion of LBGBTQIA content is a good move to win over these type of voters. Tie that in to a war against transsexuals, the Republican brand as the Christian party, Bidens age, anti-groomer messaging, low information voters, and you have a cocktail that could see the black vote for DeSantis at Trump 2020 or even higher voter share.

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
....Isn't that a confirmation of what I said? From 2016 to 2020, his voter share among black voters (and literally every demographic except white men) went up.
the numbers are half of what you said they are

2020 was an unusual election where huge numbers of people who don’t typically vote did so. a lot of those people were motivated by the politics around the pandemic and lockdowns, so it is probably going to be an outlier electorally.

desantis also isnt trump. trump is a unique and entertaining celebrity candidate who can appeal to people with very little interest in politics. desantis is a regular right-wing politician

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
the numbers are half of what you said they are

2020 was an unusual election where huge numbers of people who don’t typically vote did so. a lot of those people were motivated by the politics around the pandemic and lockdowns, so it is probably going to be an outlier electorally.

desantis also isnt trump. trump is a unique and entertaining celebrity candidate who can appeal to people with very little interest in politics. desantis is a regular right-wing politician

Guy, when is said 16 to 20, I was talking election years.

• Dap
Reactions: 19-
Daps
Because, maybe with the exception of Native Americans and American Jews, every race of minorities are trending Republican. Democrats still win the majority of every minority race, but their grasp, especially on men, is slipping. Race is is becoming a less reliable predictor of party affiliation than level of education, age, and how close you live to a city center. The Democratic party is becoming whiter and more educated.

Again, for now Democrats still win the majority of black people, and black women are their most reliable voters. But black people are very religious and tend to be more socially conservative.

And again, black men are very susceptible to the transphobic/homophobic campaign that DeSantis is waging, and him claiming that he challenged the AP black history course because of its inclusion of LBGBTQIA content is a good move to win over these type of voters. Tie that in to a war against transsexuals, the Republican brand as the Christian party, Bidens age, anti-groomer messaging, low information voters, and you have a cocktail that could see the black vote for DeSantis at Trump 2020 or even higher voter share.
Part in bold is a lie that constantly gets pushed in here. It’s not true at all

Besides if you actually followed Christianity the way Jesus taught it you’d be a damn leftist socially and economically in the first place

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Part in bold is a lie that constantly gets pushed in here. It’s not true at all

Besides if you actually followed Christianity the way Jesus taught it you’d be a damn leftist socially and economically in the first place

See the different sources below showing that Black people are likely the most religious demographic in America and the least likely to respond that we are non-affiliated/non-religious. Please post opposing studies if you don't find these to be credible.

Daps
See the different sources below showing that Black people are likely the most religious demographic in America and the least likely to respond that we are non-affiliated/non-religious. Please post opposing studies if you don't find these to be credible.

Being religious doesn't mean we support conservative social policies. Nothing you're saying here backs up your argument. Which social policies that republicans support do we also support?

Being religious doesn't mean you're conservative. It just means you're religious.

Do you have something that shows that black Americans support the conservative social policies of the Republican party yes or no?

I mean for christ sakes something like 7-10 black Americans believe abortion should be legal. Like you need to produce something that shows black americans support republican party policy positions.

Abortion​

Nearly seven-in-ten Black Americans say that abortion should be legal in all or most cases. A smaller share, about three-in-ten, say that abortion should be mostly or entirely illegal.

Large majority of Black adults think criminal justice system needs major changes or needs to be completely rebuilt​

Nearly nine-in-ten Black adults think criminal justice system needs major changes or to be rebuilt entirely Very few Black adults say they are satisfied with the U.S. criminal justice system. Nearly nine-in-ten say the criminal justice system either needs major changes (53%) or needs to be completely rebuilt (36%). Only 2% of Black adults say the criminal justice system does not need any changes, and 9% say it needs minor changes.

90% of black Americans support criminal justice reform. What exactly do we support that the GOP pushes?

Last edited:

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Being religious doesn't mean we support conservative social policies. Nothing you're saying here backs up your argument. Which social policies that republicans support do we also support?

Being religious doesn't mean you're conservative. It just means you're religious.

Do you have something that shows that black Americans support the conservative social policies of the Republican party yes or no?

I mean for christ sakes something like 7-10 black Americans believe abortion should be legal. Like you need to produce something that shows black americans support republican party policy positions.

Abortion​

Nearly seven-in-ten Black Americans say that abortion should be legal in all or most cases. A smaller share, about three-in-ten, say that abortion should be mostly or entirely illegal.

Large majority of Black adults think criminal justice system needs major changes or needs to be completely rebuilt​

Nearly nine-in-ten Black adults think criminal justice system needs major changes or to be rebuilt entirely Very few Black adults say they are satisfied with the U.S. criminal justice system. Nearly nine-in-ten say the criminal justice system either needs major changes (53%) or needs to be completely rebuilt (36%). Only 2% of Black adults say the criminal justice system does not need any changes, and 9% say it needs minor changes.

90% of black Americans support criminal justice reform. What exactly do we support that the GOP pushes?

You and I are not necessarily arguing opposite points.

I explicitly said that the majority of black people vote Democrat, and we are also their most reliable voters (black women
especially). I don't mean to suggest we lean towards the GOP at all.

But what I'm saying is that our tendency to be religious make us more susceptible to some of the conservative arguments than one might think. I would never have guessed before 2020 that Trumps voter share among black voters would go up the second time he was on the ballot.

I think our major point of disagreement is to whether DeSantis has any chance at all of getting Trumps vote share with black voters (or better). I'm not saying it will happen for sure, but I thinks it's too early to dismiss DeSantis's potential appeal to black voters.

And again, some of these homophobic and transphobic arguments might be more compelling to black voters than one might think, and that is usually because of religion.

I am not arguing about abortion, which is a terrible issue for Republicans, or criminal justice reform.

Daps
You and I are not necessarily arguing opposite points.

I explicitly said that the majority of black people vote Democrat, and we are also their most reliable voters (black women
especially). I don't mean to suggest we lean towards the GOP at all.

But what I'm saying is that our tendency to be religious make us more susceptible to some of the conservative arguments than one might think. I would never have guessed before 2020 that Trumps voter share among black voters would go up the second time he was on the ballot.

I think our major point of disagreement is to whether DeSantis has any chance at all of getting Trumps vote share with black voters (or better). I'm not saying it will happen for sure, but I thinks it's too early to dismiss DeSantis's potential appeal to black voters.

And again, some of these homophobic and transphobic arguments might be more compelling to black voters than one might think, and that is usually because of religion.

I am not arguing about abortion, which is a terrible issue for Republicans, or criminal justice reform.

What are these conservative arguments that black voters are more susceptible too?

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
What are these conservative arguments that black voters are more susceptible too?

Im mainly talking about black men moreso than women.

To answer your question, the homophobic and transphobic arguments, and I would argue that Latino men are susceptible to these arguments as well.

Last edited: