Florida condo owners face unretiring or selling homes after being hit with $100,000 in special assessment

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This is what comes with owning a condo in a shared building. You are responsible for the entire properties upkeep. If there aren’t funds in the reserve you have to do a special assessment. In my experience doing HOA work, a lack of funds in reserve is usually due to owners refusing to vote for fee increases or… a board that is stealing.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
This is what comes with owning a condo in a shared building. You are responsible for the entire properties upkeep. If there aren’t funds in the reserve you have to do a special assessment. In my experience doing HOA work, a lack of funds in reserve is usually due to owners refusing to vote for fee increases or… a board that is stealing.
Live in a state with no income tax brehs…

Yeah it’s no income tax, while they literally tax you to high hell on everything else :mjlol:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
get me some land on the lowcountry barrier islands where our people are and build a crib (even though cacs moving :scust: )

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Before I even got to them mentioning the condo collapse I knew this was related to that. We tend to over-correct after tragedies hit the public eye
I mean what is the point of an HOA if not to oversee repairs to the building.

Putting stuff off until it’s extra expense is how you get those buildings collapses.

Those cracks didn’t just appear right before it collapsed