Flat Earthers: what is the point of lying about the earths shape?

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
I'm not sure that I understand your question. It sounds like you're using different examples to ask the same question, which is a question that I've already answered.
No you didn't answer it at all

Based on rotational mechanics, the higher up you move in the earth's atmosphere, the slower the atmosphere should be moving with relation to the earth. The same reason why they say time supposedly moves at a different rate for satellites in orbit

So hovering at a high enough elevation should allow you to see the earth below you moving ahead of you

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
I find this hilarious coz I don't know what to believe.

A few hundred years ago you say to the average person the world is round you'd be laughed at.....

Fast forward a few years

Flat earthers are being laughed at. But what if the world changes shape every hundred so years:ohhh:

I personally think of the world as a dome.:stopitslime:

Therefore I'm always half right or half "wrong" :russ:
Congrats, you're leaning towards the flat earth side. This is what most serious flat earther's believe

Prepared to be insulted and threatened

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
This flight path proves that the flat earth does not exist. If going over the ocean from Syndey to Santiago, that would literally be the longest, flight possible on a flat earth. It would also be the biggest waste of fuel, and time in aviation history.

If you ever want to disprove a flat earth, remember to keep your argument below the equator, and/or on open water.
You seem to think that because the line on that pic is curved, that somehow disproves the fact that multiple other flights pass into the northern hemisphere before going back into the southern hemisphere to their destinations

I'm not sure what you think that 1 flight disproves smh

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
Thank you

Ridiculous. This link already started off on the wrong foot. It's dictates that gravity exists regardless of what anyone says. It starts as a strawman and draws a ridiculous conclusion from said ridiculous strawman

Another ridiculous strawman. Most serious flat earth believers believe that antarctica is the boundary for this plane, holding everything we know of within it's boundaries

Incorrect. We see the exact same constellations at the exact same times of the year, which is how old hunter/gatherer/farmers knew when to harvest crops

No stars in this pic smh

So satellites causing dark spots on the earth smh

Again incorrect. In basically all serious flat earth models, the sun is shining down more like a spotlight than anything else, so if you're at a different angle from the sun than someone else, then yes, the shadow lengths would be different

Timezones exist so the that majority of the planet can experience similar amounts of sunlights at similar times of day. It has absolutely nothing to do with the earth spinning while revolving around the sun

Another strawman smh. In all serious flat earth models the solar system does not exist. But go ahead and provide proof that the solar system exists if you can.

Also throw up a non CGI pic of anywhere in space if you can

The moon should not be illuminated at all during a lunar eclipse, unless you're claiming that sunlight is bending around the earth to reflect off of the moon?
So you're saying we should only be able to see the moon during the day then, right because the sun's light is only reaching the other side of the planet. And you don't think the solar system exists? :mjlol: :russ: you're telling me a no flat earther owns telescope?

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
So you're saying we should only be able to see the moon during the day then, right because the sun's light is only reaching the other side of the planet. And you don't think the solar system exists? :mjlol: :russ: you're telling me a no flat earther owns telescope?
No champ

I'm saying during a LUNAR ECLIPSE, THE MOON IS COMPLETELY IN THE EARTH'S SHADOW

So it should be receiving no light

Edit: Also, I took a couple of astronomy classes at GT so I've had access to some of the best telescopes in the world

We looked at the moon through a telescope one night during a late class. The moon through a very powerful telescope does not look 3 dimensional. We were told that the telescope itself obstructs the ACTUAL view of the moon somewhat and make it look weird

And I believed that bs up until last year

KodeBlue

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
No you didn't answer it at all

Based on rotational mechanics, the higher up you move in the earth's atmosphere, the slower the atmosphere should be moving with relation to the earth. The same reason why they say time supposedly moves at a different rate for satellites in orbit

So hovering at a high enough elevation should allow you to see the earth below you moving ahead of you

How so? If you're stationary (zero velocity) then earth would be moving away from you. The ISS is still within earth gravitation pull and moving at 17k MPH, so as its falling towards earth, earth is falling away from the ISS.

God Almighty

Your Lord
Daps
My man Eratosthenes figured out the planet is round 2200 years ago with shadows and basic geometry.:myman:

But behold, I have given you a new creation: Morons.:blessed:

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you or the cacs you slurp could prove it I'd believe. Ball is in your hands now

:sas1:
Ok here is a test you can do to prove gravity exist. Get a gun aim it at the sky. Stand perfectly still and pull the trigger continue to stand perfectly still and kill yourself.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
No champ

I'm saying during a LUNAR ECLIPSE, THE MOON IS COMPLETELY IN THE EARTH'S SHADOW

So it should be receiving no light
Huh? You realize the Earth is also illuminated by the Sun, right? It's not getting no light.