Flat Earthers: what is the point of lying about the earths shape?

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
But they haven't been able to reach the glass dome either.

The glass dome would be at it's lowest near the edges of earth. You'd think that theyd reach it by now.

I'm not sure what you mean by this

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Believed???? Oh, so they didn't know am I right?
They were completely correct about the constellations and their calendars were accurate down to like a less than 1% variance iirc

So y'all are saying that y'all believe the egyptians with respect to them calculating the circumference of the earth, but y'all don't believe the egyptians with respect to them strongly believing that the earth is flat?

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Look at Tokyo-Newark vs Sydney,Austraila-Santiago,Chile. Look how much further Sydney is from Chile on your flat Earth map than Tokyo is from Newark. It makes no damn sense for those two flight to be so close in terms of flight times (~12h50m vs ~12h20m) if the flat earth pic was true. However, if you look at the globe, the distsances between the two sets of cites are actually comparable.

Furthermore, if you look at the flight route for the Sydney-Santiago flight you'll see that it doesn't even take the most direct route on your flat earth map (which would bring you closer to Mexico)

IMG_5215.png

So if your flat earth map was true, the Sydney-Santiago flight would have you traveling a SIGNIFICANTLY longer distance than the Tokyo-Newark flight in a shorter amount of time. Makes no sense.
Can you also post a pic of the tokyo-newark flight?

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
It has more credibility with a globe earth model.
I'm not sure how

If the moon is completely in the shadow of the earth during an eclipse then it shouldn't be visible at all since it's receiving no light from the sun

Unless it's emitting it's own light...

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
There's equations that have been used for a long time that you can try out for yourself.
Oh ok, please post one

Because gravity, or "gravitons" have never been detected here on earth

The experiments that supposedly "prove" gravity were conducted on a "black hole" "hundreds of millions of light years" away

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
fukk you and your shytty book written by goat herders :mjlol:
I definitely believe in intelligent design, but none of my posts have any religious implications to them

Can you explain this for me please?
There is a 20 minute Max time difference over a five hour flight smh

Due to the speed of the earth's rotation the difference should be MUCH MUCH greater

Not only that, the time difference is in the OPPOSITE DIRECTION of what the earth's rotation dictates

The sun sets in the west, meaning the earth rotates eastward, meaning flights going east should take longer

Yet the flights going WEST TO LAX are on average 10 minutes longer than going east from what I see in google flights

Please explain

I.AM.PIFF

You're minor, we're major
Supporter
Daps
I definitely believe in intelligent design, but none of my posts have any religious implications to them

Can you explain this for me please?

All of the points flat earthers have made have been thoroughly debunked. There's no purpose in going back and forth with someone who won't accept any tiny shred of evidence :manny: