Flat Earthers: what is the point of lying about the earths shape?

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
So? They were wrong, like with a lot of other things. There's a reason why those civilizations are ancient. :mjlol: Because of modern advances in technology, science and medicine.
Modern science is literally just rediscovering ancient science. This is a fact

But by your silly illogic, once western civilization collapses all scientific theory and practice the west believes in will be automatically wrong according to the next civilization to rise smh

Daps
What scientific proof are you referring to?
I'm not having in depth scientific conversations with folks who can't grasp basic geometry.

I'm referring to flight paths and flight times around the globe. They make sense on a globe, but not on flat earth...

United posts its flight routes: U.S. and International Route Maps | United Airlines
The Newark to Tokyo flight that I was describing earlier does just what I said, they fly north into Canada, because it's a shorter route when fly around a spherical object
RTVl5S7.png

Now this route also makes sense on your flat earth map, but that's just cuz your flat earth map is looking down on the north pole, so it does a reasonable job depicting the northern hemisphere. Where that map falls completely apart is with the southern hemisphere. It makes those countries seem much further apart than they actually are. I tried to illustrate that to you by comparing flight times of a NYC-Rome flight to a Sao Paolo-Johannesburg flight. An even more egregious example would be Tokyo-Newark vs Sydney,Austraila-Santiago,Chile. Look how much further Sydney is from Chile on your flat Earth map than Tokyo is from Newark. It makes no damn sense for those two flight to be so close in terms of flight times (12h50m vs 12h20m) if the flat earth pic was true. However, if you look at the globe, the distsances between the two sets of cites are actually comparable.

But of course you want flight routes. Problem is, of course, the airlines that fly the southern hemisphere are generally not as sophisticated as the likes of United which openly show their routes (and you can check the flight status on United's website, and it will show you where that flight in the flight path at that moment). However if you look at United's LAX-Sydney route....
xkHAxO5.png

...or Emirates' Dubai-Auckland New Zealand route....
GJKeakU.png

..neither of those flight routes make sense on your flat earth route. The LAX-Sydney route is harder to see because of the resolution of your pic, but the flat earth route would have you flying over Papua New Guinea to get to Sydney. United doesn't do that because that would be going out of the way. The Dubai-New Zealand route is much easier to see. On your flat earth map the direct routes would have you flying over Russia, China, and Japan to get from Dubai to New Zealand. On a globe, that would be going wayyyy out of the way, which is why Emirates doesn't do that and instead flies over India and Australia. A direct route on the globe, but wayyy out of the way on your flat earth map.

Since making that post, I learned of a site that allows you to view commercial planes that are currently in flight, so you can view even more flight paths/times and you can see pretty quickly that both the flight paths and the times they take make no sense on a flat earth map.

https://flightaware.com/

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
General question for the brilliant minds in here That Won't even entertain the thought of challenging the belief system programmed into them:

Since the earth is supposedly spinning at however many thousands of miles an hour, shouldn't a person be able to just hover in a helicopter in one location and have their destination come to them??

Or better yet, shouldn't flights in One direction around the globe be faster than flights in the opposite direction? I mean since you're flying with the rotation one way and against it the opposite way?

Can anyone please answer these for me cuz I have more

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
I'm not having in depth scientific conversations with folks who can't grasp basic geography.

I'm referring to flight paths and flight times around the globe. They make sense on a globe, but not on flat earth...

Since making that post, I learned of a site that allows you to view commercial planes that are currently in flight, so you can view even more flight paths/times and you can see pretty quickly that both the flight paths and the times they take make no sense on a flat earth map.

https://flightaware.com/
So again this is you unable to back up an idea that you believe so strongly in with actual evidence

And FYI you have no concept of what would make sense on a flat Earth because you know nothing about flat earth, so don't do that

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Bushed
Daps
You obviously don't know what your talking about:

4056783613_557cd2fc53_b.jpg

Lid to to the sarcophagus of Wereshnefer one of the earliest depictions of the earth being round nestled between Nwt & Keb.

Take your tricknowledge elsewhere.

You dont know how to interpret what you're seeing.

18ghdx.jpg

All flat except the cac version.
Flat earthers have no geographical, scientific, or visual evidence to support their claims. They can't put together a Photoshop :mjlol: @Everythingg, You are dangerous and your kids are doomed for failure. Did you have a father growing up?

No you're doomed for following cacs but that's another story. Here you have the floor now. Present the so called solid proof you have but make sure it doesn't consist of CGI pictures or the words of men. And with that you won't respond so

:camby:

Nice lame cac joke btw.

Daps
General question for the brilliant minds in here That Won't even entertain the thought of challenging the belief system programmed into them:

Since the earth is supposedly spinning at however many thousands of miles an hour, shouldn't a person be able to just hover in a helicopter in one location and have their destination come to them??

Or better yet, shouldn't flights in One direction around the globe be faster than flights in the opposite direction? I mean since you're flying with the rotation one way and against it the opposite way?

Can anyone please answer these for me cuz I have more

They are. It takes literally 30 seconds for you to Google fight times. Flights from New York to San Fran don't take the same amount of time as flights from San Fran to New York. :snoop:

Daps
So again this is you unable to back up an idea that you believe so strongly in with actual evidence

And FYI you have no concept of what would make sense on a flat Earth because you know nothing about flat earth, so don't do that

LMAO, see you just ignored everything I posted cuz you're unable to dismiss it. :russ:

The flat earth map has been posted several times, different flat earth maps and none of them hold up.

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
You dont know how to interpret what you're seeing.

18ghdx.jpg

All flat except the cac version.

No you're doomed for following cacs but that's another story. Here you have the floor now. Present the so called solid proof you have but make sure it doesn't consist of CGI pictures or the words of men. And with that you won't respond so

:camby:

Nice lame cac joke btw.
Let me get this straight, you accuse us of using CGI pictures and present DRAWINGS as evidence?????
:laff::laff::laff:

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
They are. It takes literally 30 seconds for you to Google fight times. Flights from New York to San Fran don't take the same amount of time as flights from San Fran to New York. :snoop:
There is a 20 minute Max time difference over a five hour flight smh

Due to the speed of the earth's rotation the difference should be MUCH MUCH greater

Not only that, the time difference is in the OPPOSITE DIRECTION of what the earth's rotation dictates

The sun sets in the west, meaning the earth rotates eastward, meaning flights going east should take longer

Yet the flights going WEST TO LAX are on average 10 minutes longer than going east from what I see in google flights

Please explain

Last edited:

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
LMAO, see you just ignored everything I posted cuz you're unable to dismiss it. :russ:

The flat earth map has been posted several times, different flat earth maps and none of them hold up.
What did I ignore??

You said there's proof that the earth is a globe then you proceeded to not post said proof

Daps
There is a 20 minute Max time difference over a five hour flight smh

Due to the speed of the earth's rotation the difference should be MUCH MUCH greater

Not only that, the time difference is in the OPPOSITE DIRECTION of what the earth's rotation dictates

The sun sets in the west, meaning the earth rotates eastward, meaning flight going east should take longer

Yet the flights going WEST TO LAX are on average 10 minutes longer than going east from what I see in google flights

Please explain

Post the math for how much shorter you think the flight should be.

What did I ignore??

You said there's proof that the earth is a globe then you proceeded to not post said proof

I did post the proof. These flights are happening every day and their routes make no sense on any flat earth map you could produce, but they make perfect sense on a globe.