Flash Season 5 Thread

reigun

Superstar
Daps
Catching up. Just watched the Ragdoll episode. My problem with the family drama remains that no one seems all that concerned with Nora's issues. I agree she was being unreasonable - and said as much in this very thread - but it just feels like everyone was so worried about Iris that they brushed aside the reasons for Nora's resentment.

Like, Nora is still going to have to eventually go back to the future and deal with future-Iris, who again, could be a massive a$$hole for all they know. Maybe offer some words of wisdom for that situation? Looks like we don't. Instead we shun the child for making her mom feel bad, then have said mom jump off a building to make everything okay.

Honestly, stuff like this is what's pulling me out of the show. I find myself far more into whatever Ralph, Cisco, and Caitlyn are doing because they're the characters who still feel heroic. The West-Allen family are so fukking selfish and self-absorbed now, and they never have to take responsibility for it.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Catching up. Just watched the Ragdoll episode. My problem with the family drama remains that no one seems all that concerned with Nora's issues. I agree she was being unreasonable - and said as much in this very thread - but it just feels like everyone was so worried about Iris that they brushed aside the reasons for Nora's resentment.

Like, Nora is still going to have to eventually go back to the future and deal with future-Iris, who again, could be a massive a$$hole for all they know. Maybe offer some words of wisdom for that situation? Looks like we don't. Instead we shun the child for making her mom feel bad, then have said mom jump off a building to make everything okay.

Honestly, stuff like this is what's pulling me out of the show. I find myself far more into whatever Ralph, Cisco, and Caitlyn are doing because they're the characters who still feel heroic. The West-Allen family are so fukking selfish and self-absorbed now, and they never have to take responsibility for it.

But see here is the thing. With everything going on and how they admittedly changed the future, one would think their relationship is gonna be better as Future Iris lived this timeline and understands she needs to take a softer stance and not betray her.

I do agree that Ralph, Cisco and Cait kinda been better this year, I like the new Wells as well.

Barry seems like an afterthought in his own show. He just dismisses so much and seems soo passive like the team really dont need him for nothing no more.

Martha

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Bushed
Supporter
Daps

I mean... what's Nora's issues again? She hates Iris? Okay, but we've seen Barry, Iris, and Cecile try to address the issue so idk what more you need breh. There's nothing they can do about future Iris. That's like 30 years in the future and future Barry's not even there to help that situation.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I mean... what's Nora's issues again? She hates Iris? Okay, but we've seen Barry, Iris, and Cecile try to address the issue so idk what more you need breh. There's nothing they can do about future Iris. That's like 30 years in the future and future Barry's not even there to help that situation.

Yeah they are slowly resolving the issue between nora and iris since last episode...:dahell:

reigun

Superstar
Daps
Maybe not just brush it aside because Iris is sad? Maybe talk to Nora to get more information and actually try to understand her perspective instead of just assuming Iris was a good mother?

I'm not saying they need to fix Nora's issues. They can't and I even acknowledged that Nora was being unreasonable by holding Iris responsible for something her future self did. That said, they also should be aware that Nora is the only person who knows future-Iris. So maybe treat her words on the situation with a little more weight?

It was honestly just a poorly written conflict that either needed revision or to just be cut from the script.