mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
@KBadd @Basaglia

you two on one with this Parker/Wiggins thing

No one was hyping up Parker like that?

Parker-SI.jpg

:childplease:

Also, Wiggins is still 19. He had a great rookie year too. Lets chill on this.

triplehate

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ECU
@KBadd @Basaglia

Parker-SI.jpg

When have the analysis ever been right to the point that you would be able to hold them to anything. All they do is speak in hyperbole...

LeBron is literally the only one they have EVER gotten right. But I don't follow college recruiting as closely so I don't have years of hearing the cyse.

Bet the under on all projections

Basaglia

All Star
Daps
Reppin
No
"Jabari was more hyped his junior year" -Me, not more than 18 hours ago. This article came out his JUNIOR year. Wiggins hype started that summer, while Jabari was hurt.

And I ain't chilling. Being the best SINCE Bron ain't the same as being the NEXT Lebron, which is what Wiggins was said to be.

Blake Griffin had a "great" Rookie year. So did Chris Paul. So did Kyrie. So did D12.

16ppg in 36 minutes on 43% is not "great".

Jabari was shooting nearly 50%, putting up 12/6 on a tight minutes restriction by Kidd. And he was trending upward when he went down. He was becoming the #1 option over Knight.

We'll see.

@KBadd @Basaglia

Parker-SI.jpg

KBadd

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
P.G.
@KBadd @Basaglia

Parker-SI.jpg

Wiggins - and Jabari - are 20.

And that story in SI came out when he was a rising senior and Andrew - who is older than him - was still a rising junior. Even then, the hype for Wiggins was ridiculous and became even more ridiculous once he reclassed as a 2013 grad. Parker was viewed as Melo to Wiggins' LeBron. And just like Harrison Barnes, it's no coincidence that he and Wiggins are the only two freshman ever named AP preseason All-Americans.

The hype for those two was on a higher plane. Period.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Being the best SINCE Bron ain't the same as being the NEXT Lebron, which is what Wiggins was said to be.
We'll see.

Wiggins - and Jabari - are 20.

And that story in SI came out when he was a rising senior and Andrew - who is older than him - was still a rising junior. Even then, the hype for Wiggins was ridiculous and became even more ridiculous once he reclassed as a 2013 grad. Parker was viewed as Melo to Wiggins' LeBron. And just like Harrison Barnes, it's no coincidence that he and Wiggins are the only two freshman ever named AP preseason All-Americans.

The hype for those two was on a higher plane. Period.

nah, Wiggins was in HS at the same time. "Best since Lebron" while Wiggins is still in HS means Jabari was hyped to high heaven. Again, Parker was the first HS player to get an SI cover since Lebron.

Especially since Durant, Rose, etc were high school players during that period.

The Wiggins hype train started after he beasted and the World Team won that Team World vs. USA Nike hoops thing which was May of 2012, the same month of Jabari's SI cover.

They BOTH got hyped.

Also, Wiggins was trending upwards until he hit the wall in March. (and really, its been when he was moved to 2guard when Shabazz was healthy and Martin was injured)

All im saying is shytting on Wiggins right now is silly.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
I must be one of the few that want to see both of them be superstars. But I do root for Wiggins a little more becuz of how Cleveland did him, especially if that shyt about LeBron forcing him out becuz he wouldn't sign with Rich is true. That's some hoe shyt.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I must be one of the few that want to see both of them be superstars. But I do root for Wiggins a little more becuz of how Cleveland did him, especially if that shyt about LeBron forcing him out becuz he wouldn't sign with Rich is true. That's some hoe shyt.
im similar

I want both to succeed and feel both can and will succeed. Milwaukee would be the #4 seed had Parker not gotten injured. (that dude Greek Freak been beasting on the low the last month)

Wiggins was doing crazy shyt in January and February once he and Shabazz developed some chemistry. HE hit the wall in late February and Martin came back and that moved Wiggins back to Small Forward.

Minnesota has to get rid of Kelvin Martin this summer and eventually Flip Saunders. But from what Ive seen of Wiggins and Parker, I think they both gonna be elite players.

KBadd

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
P.G.
nah, Wiggins was in HS at the same time. "Best since Lebron" while Wiggins is still in HS means Jabari was hyped to high heaven. Again, Parker was the first HS player to get an SI cover since Lebron.

Especially since Durant, Rose, etc were high school players during that period.

The Wiggins hype train started after he beasted and the World Team won that Team World vs. USA Nike hoops thing which was May of 2012, the same month of Jabari's SI cover.

They BOTH got hyped.

Also, Wiggins was trending upwards until he hit the wall in March. (and really, its been when he was moved to 2guard when Shabazz was healthy and Martin was injured)

All im saying is shytting on Wiggins right now is silly.

Dogg, the hype train started waaaay before that for Wiggins and was already out of control by the time he transferred to Huntington Prep in 2011. If he had stayed in his original class - 2013 - from the jump, we wouldn't even be having this debate about him and Jabari.

And for the record, no one is shifting on him. I even said on the podcast that he has been better this year than I expected. But Ba and I have been talking about this dude for almost four years now and how the so-called experts have been claiming he would be the next LeBron. No problem with that but when it doesn't happen, no one ever says anything and holds these dudes accountable when they're wrong. It really has nothing to do with me being anti-Wiggins, just pro-accountability when these wild ass comps don't pan out.

That's all.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Dogg, the hype train started waaaay before that for Wiggins and was already out of control by the time he transferred to Huntington Prep in 2011. If he had stayed in his original class - 2013 - from the jump, we wouldn't even be having this debate about him and Jabari.

And for the record, no one is shifting on him. I even said on the podcast that he has been better this year than I expected. But Ba and I have been talking about this dude for almost four years now and how the so-called experts have been claiming he would be the next LeBron. No problem with that but when it doesn't happen, no one ever says anything and holds these dudes accountable when they're wrong. It really has nothing to do with me being anti-Wiggins, just pro-accountability when these wild ass comps don't pan out.

That's all.
for you, its that way.

Ba said he has an agenda.

THe Wiggins hype Youtube videos were out before then, but it started in earnst when he was the best player in that Nke Hoop Summitt game. Thats when he became a national name. But Jabari was also a national name and had been a name as long, if not longer. Again, "Best HS player since Lebron" on the SI cover. The first HS player to be on that cover since Lebron. Shoot, Jabari has already had 3 SI covers and he only played like 20 games this rookie year.

Basaglia

All Star
Daps
Reppin
No
for you, its that way.

Ba said he has an agenda.

THe Wiggins hype Youtube videos were out before then, but it started in earnst when he was the best player in that Nke Hoop Summitt game. Thats when he became a national name. But Jabari was also a national name and had been a name as long, if not longer. Again, "Best HS player since Lebron" on the SI cover. The first HS player to be on that cover since Lebron. Shoot, Jabari has already had 3 SI covers and he only played like 20 games this rookie year.

If you wanna make this about Jabari's hype and downplay Wiggins, you talking to the wrong guy. If I believe in a guy, I don't cower from ANY expectations I have for the dude.

Jabari better than him. Period.

Jabari was called the NEXT Pierce/Melo. Wiggins was called the NEXT LeBron/Kobe.

I'm holding both to that. Simple as that. Nothing else needs to be said.

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
Aye Rod dont be knowing shyt about sports, nikka just be talkin' :heh:
Son he is the worst I wish they would stop having his dumb ass on the show .

How the fukk your stupid ass ain't hear shyt about wiggins being the best since bron :dahell:

They hyped that shyt for a good 4 years breh stupid ass nikka .

All his fukking jokes were dry ass shyt and no one laughed .

Whole Kevin love shyt he was talking about was stupid ass fukk.

The last couple weeks of the show been so fukking good I mean better than usual .

This nikka killed the vibe !!

Fellas please never bring him back I rather hear Walt cause he's actually funny and insightful.

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
@KBadd let me clear up the mitchellville and Bowie shyt .

There is no longer a mitchellville its all Bowie now .

So where that food lion and all that is Bowie breh . That shyt changed like 8-10 years ago breh I know cause I live here .