Fiyastarter Podcast Thread...

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
But, that nikka said It Was Written was average (strike 1)
a younger mastermind was sick when that line came out and his minions sweared up and down that was true. ANd not to start another Takeover/Ether thing, but Jay's (incorrect) opinion about It Was Written is not a fact. Most of Takeover was just Jay's opinion. I hate how that shift happened after he got stole with Ether. Budden was on that nonsesne on his podcast a few months ago.

I really do like Jay too. He is in my top 5 just because of how important he was to me growing up. (on another note, I disagree with you all about Vol. 1. THat album was underrated but the pop singles got in the way, if anything Vol 3 and Dynasty are two albums hyped that did not live up to anything)

But his super fans disgust me. They salivate over basic stuff.
Man listening to Budden podcast and hearing these nikkas legit salivating over "the syllables he uses" almost made me toss my gotdamn phone out the window
Budden is a super Jay stan.

Daps
Reppin
Chicago
This is forreal one of the best comedy podcasts out there :salute:Ba you had my dying this episode.

I damn near lost it when TKO gave his take on Jay's album and then asked Ba what he thought and this nikka Ba said "oh I ain't heard it" :dead::dead::dead: Ba you petty as shyt please never change.

Then these nikkas somehow segway into an MJ vs Lionel Richie rivalry and Ba said dude in the Bad video looks like Carlos Santana :deadrose:
Then in the NBA segment Ba swore Blue Edwards was more athletic than Jordan and he flipped his TV dinner tray after seeing him dunk off one leg :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

But real talk it's so refreshing to hear a different perspective on the Jay album. I was definitely underwhelmed by the lyrics and flow after all the hype. And that La La Land line had me like :usure: Nikkas acting like this some next-level super intricate verbiage :whoa: Album is cool, nothing more.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
This is forreal one of the best comedy podcasts out there :salute:Ba you had my dying this episode.

I damn near lost it when TKO gave his take on Jay's album and then asked Ba what he thought and this nikka Ba said "oh I ain't heard it" :dead::dead::dead: Ba you petty as shyt please never change.

Then these nikkas somehow segway into an MJ vs Lionel Richie rivalry and Ba said dude in the Bad video looks like Carlos Santana :deadrose:
Then in the NBA segment Ba swore Blue Edwards was more athletic than Jordan and he flipped his TV dinner tray after seeing him dunk off one leg :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

But real talk it's so refreshing to hear a different perspective on the Jay album. I was definitely underwhelmed by the lyrics and flow after all the hype. And that La La Land line had me like :usure: Nikkas acting like this some next-level super intricate verbiage :whoa: Album is cool, nothing more.

That Lionel vs MJ argument is what seperates this podcast from every other podcast. I was like 15 mins in, glued to the discussion, than I sat back... "wait, are these nikkas REALLY debating this shyt for this long?!?" :what::jbhmm::ohhh::banderas:

GOATS

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
That Lionel vs MJ argument is what seperates this podcast from every other podcast. I was like 15 mins in, glued to the discussion, than I sat back... "wait, are these nikkas REALLY debating this shyt for this long?!?" :what::jbhmm::ohhh::banderas:

GOATS
yep

i still cook off the argument they had about flabby and sick vs jumped the shark

tko told a story about henry winkler stepping to the dude that created jumped the shark

kbadd was like ":ohhh: for real?"

then tko hit that " dat wink young :dame:"

i gotta find that episode....and the episode about "dem suits"...try to cook up a "best of"

those little tangents make this joint gold

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

GOATS
Not just that, but I sat there like :dahell: because I had no idea there was a Lionel Ritchie vs. MJ beef. TKO made that up, but I did go to watch the Beat It video to see what he was talking about. :russ:

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
he's just not for me. :yeshrug:

It's one thing for a rapper to "not be for you".

I remember when you said U God was a better lyricist than Hov.... Fam, that's hate.

And to yall's point about Common and Nas:
I am a fan of all three of those brothas. I was never one of those cats that picked a side in the beef back in 01 and when talking about who better between Esco and Hov, today I might say Hov. Tomorrow I might say Esco. Depends on who I feel likie hearing that day. But lets not pretend like both cats have never dropped some bullshyt.

As for the album:
I like it. That's about it. He had some cool shyt to say about being black in America and I enjoyed it. I felt the same way about Us or Else. nikkas really got mad at TI talking about it was fake and he aint never mad an album like that before, why do it now? I'm like " :dahell: "

So we getting mad at nikkas for actually being conscious or are we getting mad at nikkas for actually feeling it?

Hot nougat... :dead:

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Man y'all dude be killing me lol!! I thoroughly enjoyed the roasting of Jay Z. Like I totally get that shyt! nikkas can't just like the album and let it just be the album. lol at this being a "grown man album" Like we ain't had no album like this or better in fukking 40 plus years of hiphop history! I was boiling listening to nikkas act like this album never happened before. People say I'm a Nas Stan so it is what it is.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Man y'all dude be killing me lol!! I thoroughly enjoyed the roasting of Jay Z. Like I totally get that shyt! nikkas can't just like the album and let it just be the album. lol at this being a "grown man album" Like we ain't had no album like this or better in fukking 40 plus years of hiphop history! I was boiling listening to nikkas act like this album never happened before. People say I'm a Nas Stan so it is what it is.

Like I said, I think it's funny watching the overreaction from both sides.

And what's funnier than all of that is these young nikkas not giving a single fukk.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Like I said, I think it's funny watching the overreaction from both sides.

And what's funnier than all of that is these young nikkas not giving a single fukk.
Basically. They are going to continue to do their thing and that's fine with me.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps

That shyt had me crying man lol!! You couldn't tell us shyt when we got them dinner trays. I remember flipping a tray during a dunk contest back in the Jordan days myself. Didn't know dinner trays were widespread like that.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Btw, I thought I was the only nikka who thought Meet The Parents was overrated. I used to side eye nikkas like shyt when they would try to throw that into the convo for "best storytelling tracks ever".