First trailer for Black Panther 2: No Black Men - Wakanda Forever just dropped

Braman

Superstar
Daps
You said "everybody" then proceeded to quote Yvette Carnell who is only coli famous. :mjlol:

Thats like using a @Coi Leray thread to prove your point.
??? What ‘everybody’ are you even quoting. Also …she coined the term ADOS :what: Also the video has 145k views and a thousand comments. If you countering actual facts with ‘lol Coli famous’ just say you have no rebuttal and sit this one out

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I damn near shed a tear. :wow: Don’t let dry dikkism spoil a good story. Angela Bassett looked SICKENING. The music, the scale of the settings and pictures and majesty of it all. The land vs. sea…beautiful imagery….

This is gorgeous. I’ll be there
RIP to Chadwick. He would have been proud.
Facts,

and realistically though, we don't have any leading female characters in the MCU right now. and We about to Have Blade, Captain America 4, and Armor Wars all starring black male leads. Having one black female leading character replace a breh isn;'t going to erase black masculinity in the MCU.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
??? What ‘everybody’ are you even quoting. Also …she coined the term ADOS :what: Also the video has 145k views and a thousand comments. If you countering actual facts with ‘lol Coli famous’ just say you have no rebuttal and sit this one out
You right breh my bad, she;s a household name and ADOS replaced African American as the generally accepted term for black Americans.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Facts,

and realistically though, we don't have any leading female characters in the MCU right now. and We about to Have Blade, Captain America 4, and Armor Wars all starring black male leads. Having one black female leading character replace a breh isn;'t going to erase black masculinity in the MCU.
Yeah that’s kinda disappointing to me to. To see black men literally foaming at the mouth against black women being represented in film is wild to me. This ain’t a good look but whatever. I thought the trailer was amazing!

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Naw.

They could have told the same story as in it being women led with black men still involved.

A good example of a media that does this is the Power franchise. There’s plenty of Black women in those shows who are powerful and it can be very female focused/led. But they do no write out black men.

Now here they doubled down on the women, wrote in Mexicans and wrote out black men :wow: .

This is the cast :wow:

FYZyXFqWIAIYb9m

They just gotta make The Last Black Man in Wakanda LGBT and it's complete :wow:

Why do you keep posting that one picture and claiming it's the cast? Doesn't Angela Bassett have the only speaking line in the whole trailer?

Credited cast on IMDB right now has 9 black men, just one Mexican man and one native American.

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
:russ::bryan: @ “No Black men”!

Lowkey, I noticed that and I do hope it’s a bit more balanced than the trailer suggests lol

And isn’t Killmonger supposed to pop up?
Breh, I can tell you wakanda is female based now. So what you see is what you get

the first film was trash, and got the black support stimulus package, won't get it this time

you got a black panther trailer with no black panther in it and expect this thing to sell, who comes up with these dumb ass ideas over there

marvel's decline will continue
The first film was mcu groundbreaking with the story telling an world building, this film will world build atlantis/Mayan empire, so whatever "black stimi" will be lost will be gained by brining in the latino audience

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Facts,

Yeah that’s kinda disappointing to me to. To see black men literally foaming at the mouth against black women being represented in film is wild to me. This ain’t a good look but whatever. I thought the trailer was amazing!

They just announced Kang Dynasty too. So that's 5 black male led films in the MCU yet they're foaming at the mouth over ONE black female led film. And the director is still a black man giving us his vision.

I don't know if there's a website that puts more energy into hating on anything Black women do than this one.

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
Showed the trailer to my boyfriend and son, and they both said it looked like it was going to be good. Then again they see bw as black like them and they weren’t counting the number of black male actors. Whole thread is a bunch of faux outrage over a 2 minute trailer…

I could see if y’all watched the actual full
movie and there was some emasculation of brehs, some propaganda about brehettes feeling like they didn’t need or respect brehs and interracial relationships taking place between the bw and white guys. I didn’t see that in the trailer. I saw them mourning over t challa. I saw a tribute to a male leader that is gone.

Keep in mind too, that this is the same cast that was in the first BP, except for t’challa who is obviously dead and the male characters who died or were a traitor in the last film. Y’all had no issue with this female cast in the last film. Now y’all have an issue with them. If Chadwick hadn’t died he’d still be the lead.

Bm directed and wrote this particular film, so what, are those Brehs now conspiring against y’all image for profit or do they see bw as black too and aren’t trying to create this strange competition and dysfunctional gender dynamics that y’all saw in the 2 minute trailer?

I don’t see this film as doing what y’all say it is. Some of y’all seem to really hate/feel threatened by brehettes. If y’all don’t feel needed by bw or feel like your manhood is being emasculated from a 2 minute trailer then that is on y’all but don’t project that on to other Brehs.

I think Ryan Coogler was in a difficult position. On one hand people didn’t want Chadwick to be replaced with a different male. They felt like it was tarnishing his legacy. On the other they wanted the movie to go on and many suggested shuri or killmonger to take the role. He went with shuri(it looks like). I actually wish he would have went with killmonger. Man look i was rooting for him that entire film. I’m mad they even made him the villain. But that’s beside the point—the point is that a bm directed this film and took it in the direction y’all have an issue with. Bw aren’t responsible for this.

Even if all of y’all on this site don’t see it, there will be a ton of people that still will. And it’s going to still do well.

Anyways, I said this in the other thread but I think if they were going to recast Daniel Ezra would make an okay t’challa. He kind of has the look. And just that good moral guy vibe that t challa had. He’s handsome too.
MV5BYmY2Y2Y0N2YtM2M3NS00MWI4LWEwZmQtNzIwYzAyOGMyZDJiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjYwNDA2MDE@._V1_.jpg

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
the first film was trash

You've said that over and over, so why are you so invested in this film? There are 30 other Marvel films starring white guys for you to worry about.

you got a black panther trailer with no black panther in it and expect this thing to sell, who comes up with these dumb ass ideas over there

So I guess you're blind as well as dumb?

marvel's decline will continue

The new Strange made a billy, Spiderman made almost two billy, newest Thor is at $600 million and counting. I think their studio will stay afloat.

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
Facts,

:sas1:Because the people who should be upset about Monica Rambeau being a white woman's side kick rather then getting her own movie or Misty Knight being the only marvel knights character without her own show, are instead focused on having Shuri take over Ta'Calla's franchise .....

:sas2:seems like black female superhero representation isn't what they really care about

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
:sas1:Because the people who should be upset about Monica Rambeau being a white woman's side kick or Misty Knight being the only marvel knights character without her own show, are instead focused on having Shuri take over Ta'Calla's franchise .....

:sas2:seems like black female superhero representation isn't what they really care about

I'm pretty certain almost no one here is any sort of activist who cares about Black woman representation like that. If Chadwick hadn't passed and this was just one of 6 Marvel movies led by a Black man instead of the 1st led by Black women, no one would have said anything. But Chadwick did pass, none of the other male characters from the 1st film were positioned to take the mantle, replacing him as if nothing happened would have been disrespectful and a distraction to the entire experience, so what can you do? We're just pointing out how fukking whiny it sounds for people to be bytching that Black women got literally their first movie out of 30 out there when 4 more new Black male-led projects have been announced.

TaxCollector13459

2018 Coli Rookie of the Year
Daps
it honestly is so pandering that it made my knees weak, but people in here are going to be acting ridiculous.

a lot of people did not want t'challa recast and the guy died... so I don't really know what people were expecting.

anyway I will just take a seat.

:hubie:

Shii shoulda just gave the reins to kilmonger