First trailer for Black Panther 2: No Black Men - Wakanda Forever just dropped

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My first thoughts are:

2- Black Panther intensified if not sparked the African vs black American schism, which snowballed into the “ADOS/FBA” movement —-which is sad af a damn movie did all that—-and now BP2 will take the already festering gender war to another stratosphere. Permanent damage.

Black Panther didn't do that

That shyt was already in motion before that movie was written

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
In the comics tchalla is severely injured by an attack orchestrated by Dr Doom who makes it look like the Atlantis did it. Shuri takes the mantle as black panther to fight the Atlantians and then Black Panther returns in the story at some point.

They should just have black panther come out at the very end fight in some CGI nonsense and at the very end he takes off his mask and they unveil who the New Black panther is

Last edited:

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Black Panther didn't do that

That shyt was already in motion before that movie was written
Maybe under the radar. But the movie and all the conversations/debates about Killmonger specifically put it in overdrive

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Can't believe some people here actually blaming the FBA vs tethers thing on black panther. Like someone else said this has been an issue for years. People now have social media to expose it.

On another note I wanted them to recast Tchalla as well but the trailer looks like they did a great job given the circumstances.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
trailer was cool :ehh:

rewatched the trailer. still have the same opinion :yeshrug: but generally speaking, I don't see black women as adversaries or competition to black men. They're extension of us and vice versa. That's probably why it's easier for me to have a different outlook on this trailer than the average coli breh that thinks he's competing with black women and sees them having prominent roles in a summer blockbuster about a fictional comical book land as a threat.

"b-but they coulda/woulda/shoulda recast T'challa :damn:", well, I'm judging it on the merits of what it is rather than what it should have been. It's a good trailer, which pays tribute to Chadwick (RIP), and shows the characters grieving for him.

Daniel Kaluuya couldn't take part due to conflicting schedules. Mbaku is still there <- and those two - Forest Whitaker and Michael B aside - pretty much rounded off the core black male cast of the first film.

I'm hoping they will eventually recast T'Challa because the character didn't really get a chance to grow, and maybe by the end of this movie will see some of the puzzle pieces for into place for a black male lead. I still stand by this choice:

I like Damson Idris, the breh from Snowfall. He can easily bulk up too