First Take Debate: Lebron or Steph; Who has been the MVP over the last 10 seasons

Who has been the NBA MVP over the last 10 seasons

• Total voters

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
That would be steph.

Why? Because he would've started with the Heatles team. And probably would've never left. Also, Bron on those Warriors teams would not have won in 2015 and would not have been in the finals in 2016 which means KD ain't joining Bron.

Bron would've left golden state by year 4.
:mjlol:

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
I got Curry. The difference between them to me is that Lebron raises the floor. You're not going to be a bad team with Bron ball. He'll at least have you as a contender every year. But he also limits the ceiling because you aren't getting the best out of everyone on the team. Bron works the best with players that fit into the system and can be productive without the ball in their hands as much.

Steph I think can fit in any system. He's shown he can succeed in fast paced or half court offenses. He can be the center of offenses with or without the ball in his hand.

In all the hypotheticals we don't know if Dray, Klay, Wiggins, Poole become the players they became because they wouldn't be empowered to expand their games as Lebron would be doing everything on offense limiting their chances to grow their games.

Obviously Bron has the greater overall career and his higher in GOAT standings. In the last 10 though Steph owns that.
The problem is nothing that any of those players would be asked to do would change. So I'm not seeing it.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
220px-Klutch_Sports_Logo.png

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
This is such an elementary way of looking at it.

Steph cultivated the culture/system that led to a dynasty and the players that played alongside him became the best versions of themselves. Does Draymond become the player he does if he plays alongside Bron for his entire career, or would he have likely been traded long ago for a shooter? Does Wiggins turn into the same player if he played alongside Bron? How many players have played alongside Steph and become better as a result? How many players have benefitted from Steph being the most selfless superstar of the modern era? How many players have benefitted from having more easy scoring opportunities as a result from his gravity and off-ball movement?

Nobody should hold it against Bron that he wanted to maximize his chances of winning by hopping from team to team, but there's a reason why he hasn't been able to create the same environment that Steph has.