tumblr_mzvhuveQXj1s1zm10o1_400.gif

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Will need to go ahead and play that Villain though. A real villain :demonic:

He's p8ssy to do that. The greatest actors done the villain and Will Smith hasn't yet.....it's just piss me off on Will with his bullsh!t system.

Somebody like interviewer should hit him with the question and ask him "why hasn't he done a villain"?.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Will Smith is the biggest movie star on the planet, I'm pretty sure the majority of the budget is the money he's getting paid to do this

i'm working on something with a 3.5 million dollar budget, and 1 one million of is suppose to get Wesley Snipes if he signs on

:dahell: what do you do?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dahell: what do you do?

Hustler, I figured how to produce movies just being around in LA, I got my own investors everything, so people been giving me projects they need funded, but a lot of these guys are missing stuff in the packages
in order to get the money they need, of course I will be making a handsome commission and get a producer credit:myman:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Hustler, I figured how to produce movies just being around in LA, I got my own investors everything, so people been giving me projects they need funded, but a lot of these guys are missing stuff in the packages
in order to get the money they need, of course I will be making a handsome commission and get a producer credit:myman:
What incentive do companies have to invests in films that are destined to flop.

How do they make money

Daps
Reppin
NULL
What incentive do companies have to invests in films that are destined to flop.

How do they make money

It's not companies, its just groups of people with a lot of money, they look at like a stock market, so they will probably invest in 4 films and one of them will reap them a nice return

there's no movie industry like an auto industry per see, where its just a company churning out movies because that's what they do

All you gotta do is get the money to make it and find somebody to distribute it, shyt ain't hard at all, you just need the money once the money is verified its easy to get people to move and do things for you

I don't know how the big six fund their films, but I'm pretty sure they're not spending company money and get from outside sources from investors

ShaSolair

Rookie
Daps
The hell is with you dudes? :heh:

If anything, the trailer clearly shows the chick is his downfall

And since when does white america want to see a black guy get with a beautiful blonde?

:birdman:Nah buddy, what's funnier is how we see THOUSANDS of big budget films often that have an ALL WHITE CAST & that's just said to be a "Movie" which it's performance at the box office is soley BASED ON HOW THE STORY's EXECUTED but if Will would have had an actress who favors someone like Taraji P Henson for example in the Blondie role it'd get automatically shunned, labeled a "BLACK MOVIE" then thrown to the cinema graveyard that is "A BET Feature Presentation" . :shaq2:

... DAmn, y'all disappoint me with the bob n weaving of obvious prejudice :snoop:. Bet, you can't even name 3 current films in ANY GENRE that have been big budget (50+ mill production cost) with more than one Black lead. Smh, lemme stop now before this thread spontaneously migrates to the "RACE TRACK" :sas2:.

Like it if you want bruh but I, myself can't -fux-witt-IT kind sir and this Coming from a HUGE Smith Fan:beli:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

For real though. The actress Margot Robbie is a GOOD actress don't get me wrong (she did great in Wolf Of Wallstreet) but im sick and tired of the white woman being constantly portrayed as the fukking epitome of beauty to the point where a black male would undoubtedly forsake his "career criminal" con man playboy lifestyle for.... fukk that:camby: there are talented, sexy, fine as hell black actresses that could easily pull off this type of role (Tarraj Henson, an Oscar nominee. Joy Bryant, Sanaa Lathan, Zoe Kravitz if they wanted to go "young")

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
For real though. The actress Margot Robbie is a GOOD actress don't get me wrong (she did great in Wolf Of Wallstreet) but im sick and tired of the white woman being constantly portrayed as the fukking epitome of beauty to the point where a black male would undoubtedly forsake his "career criminal" con man playboy lifestyle for.... fukk that:camby: there are talented, sexy, fine as hell black actresses that could easily pull off this type of role (Tarraj Henson, an Oscar nominee. Joy Bryant, Sanaa Lathan, Zoe Kravitz if they wanted to go "young")

I feel you breh. It's tough out there for black actresses and any black actor not named will or denzel

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
It's not companies, its just groups of people with a lot of money, they look at like a stock market, so they will probably invest in 4 films and one of them will reap them a nice return

there's no movie industry like an auto industry per see, where its just a company churning out movies because that's what they do

All you gotta do is get the money to make it and find somebody to distribute it, shyt ain't hard at all, you just need the money once the money is verified its easy to get people to move and do things for you

I don't know how the big six fund their films, but I'm pretty sure they're not spending company money and get from outside sources from investors
Yes the big six get loans from the bank and friends.

Im just curious how a film with a million dollar budget gets a return when no one sees it.