First Look: Will Smith and Margot Robbie in ‘Focus’ Update: New Trailer Posted

Daps
Reppin
NULL
actually it was.
http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekend&id=ali.htm

however with that said, Ali was a massive flop. it only grossed 87 million worldwide on a 107 million dollar budget. so considering the studio typically gets around 55% of the total gross, Ali only brought back about 47 million resulting in a loss of at least 60 million at the box office plus whatever was spent on advertising.

The thing is the media was beating a dead horse about being a flop

channing tatum flips in every big budget film he's the lead man but not a peep

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
how much do you think it opened at, everywhere i looked said it was - but I'm open to other interpretations.
It opened on a tues instead of Friday because of Christmas i think. And the numbers are 3 days instead of of a full week, that's why the low 14 million opening.

I don't know just guessing :manny:

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Am I the only one who doesn't believe the $50 million budget for a minute? Budget reports can be off but nearly half? Seems like saving face after the signs became clear this movie wasn't going to do any big numbers despite having little to no competition. And if you need a comparison, $50 million is the budget the same guys had for Crazy Stupid Love, a movie that looks nowhere near as extravagant as this does.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
The thing is the media was beating a dead horse about being a flop

channing tatum flips in every big budget film he's the lead man but not a peep

What media are you seeing that even talks about box office returns? Let alone "beating a dead horse" about a mildly disappointing opening weekend for a meaningless late February release? :dahell:

Last edited:

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I saw Focus last weekend and left astounded. Will was flawless and Robbie held her own. The movie had so many twists and kept me guessing until the very end. This viewing experience was the best I had all year.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it's a shytty movie... i explained it before in this thread... it's basically every damn heist movie ever..

look at will's big blockbusters.... they are BIG BLOCKBUSTERS... will doesn't even drop movies if it ain't summertime... he was Mr. July when it came to movies

now he's doing some shyt like this.... nobody cares about this movie.. i don't know why they'd give it this big budget like anyone would care about this movie. i don't know a single person who'd guess this would make it's money back

if will dropped Independence day 2 or bad boys 3 or even a fukking MIB 4.... he'd be the 100 million dollar man again easy

Focus is incredible, and far better than anything else on the movie market, including the ridiculous Shades of Grey film. If Focus flops in the box office, it won't be because of how good the movie is, because the movie is good, it will be because of the movie's release timing. Without a doubt Focus is one of the better movies I've seen this year and I've seen all the blockbusters.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Focus is incredible, and far better than anything else on the movie market, including the ridiculous Shades of Grey film. If Focus flops in the box office, it won't be because of how good the movie is, because the movie is good, it will be because of the movie's release timing. Without a doubt Focus is one of the better movies I've seen this year and I've seen all the blockbusters.
breh, are you serious? :mjlol:Its only been 2 fukking months of the year and EVERYBODY knows that the dumping ground for mediocre to terrible movies is January and February, so miss us with that "its better than most of the blockbusters so far this year" because those shyts came out already because they are ass:francis:Try again.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
breh, are you serious? :mjlol:Its only been 2 fukking months of the year and EVERYBODY knows that the dumping ground for mediocre to terrible movies is January and February, so miss us with that "its better than most of the blockbusters so far this year" because those shyts came out already because they are ass:francis:Try again.

Good movies with strong writing, interesting characters and an engaging plot can come out at any time. Flop that release in the summer, cost 100 million to create, and thereafter reap 1/3rd of that sum, come out every year. Accordingly, time of release is not an accurate barometer of how good a movie is. Time of release is related to studio connections, hype.

I know Focus is a great movie because I saw it last week. I enjoyed it more than I enjoyed the final Hobbit movie released earlier this year. The movie better than the cavalcade of crap I saw last year.