First Look: Will Smith and Margot Robbie in ‘Focus’ Update: New Trailer Posted

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps
Think of it like this. The last romantic flick starring Will Smith released in February was Hitch. Which was a HUGE financial success, also this is as good as any month for Will to carry a movie without any major competiton. From April onwards is chalk full of blockbusters (F7, the behomoth known as Avengers 2, Jurassic World, ect.) and this type of movie probably wouldn't play well in Smith's traditional July timeframe. So given the movie's genre and Focus (no pun) plus his previous success with a similar vehicle February makes sense

keep in mind though that Hitch was a PG-13, family friendly movie that was made for 30 million less. Focus is an R rated movie that won't get any of that "family friendly" money that Will has relied on in the past.

either way I hope it does well.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
the difference is,

- The Wolf of Wall Street was released on the biggest movie day of the year (Christmas Day)

- Ocean's Thirteen was released in June as a summer blockbuster

100 million is a very high production budget for a simple movie with a February release date. all I'm saying is that it's a big roll of the dice for the studio and they probably should have waited until the summer to release it.

Stop acting like you know what you are talking about

Seventh Son budget was 95 million and it has zero stars in it

what does the release date have to do with how much the film costs

your whole argument was the film was simple, as if it, it wouldn't cost much to make
because it's not a superhero movie with cgi all over the place and I explained to why a movie like this can cost as much as it does

now you are deflecting

Last edited:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
As long as it does about 100 Million the worldwide dollars will push pass where it needs to go. This is a 300-400 Worldwide movie just like "Hitch" but as others have mentioned, it's "Rated-R". So we will see what Will does but I think it's a nice move. Then he's back to his Summer Blockbusters next year. LOL @ The Poster, Will is a fool:

focus2015_poster.jpg

"NEVER LOSE"

LOL, get em Will.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:dahell: WTF are you talking about? I'm ready to buy the movie for my collection already.

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
i smell a flop
$100 mil budget

its gonna be in IMAX too and i just don't see it doing huge numbers