First Look: Will Smith and Margot Robbie in ‘Focus’ Update: New Trailer Posted

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
IMO.....his biggest mistake was passing on Django Unchained along with co-stars....that was foolish of him. If he didn't pass on Django Unchained man....his buzz would be f*cking insane and the number box office would be crazy.

I think people lost respect for him for keep doing BS films and putting his son in his films, etc and especially passed on Django Unchained and had everybody :what: :mindblown:

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
I feel like the Wolf of Wall Street bytch might be the focus more than Will might by the end of the movie

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps
what's simple about it, their in exotic locations, with race cars and shyt, plus will smith ain't cheap, most of the budget was probably his salary

it was filmed in New Orleans, New York City, and Argentina. not exactly "exotic" locations.

and yes Will Smith's salary alone is probably at least 20-30 million of it. regardless it's still a surprisingly high budget for a February released movie that isn't an action or superhero film.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
it was filmed in New Orleans, New York City, and Argentina. not exactly "exotic" locations.

and yes Will Smith's salary alone is probably at least 20-30 million of it. regardless it's still a surprisingly high budget for a February released movie that isn't an action or superhero film.

Yes but look at the type shyt they are doing, it's a lot of extravagant shyt, shyt ain't cheap, this nikka in luxury suites, luxury clubs, they crashing cars
this shyt don't look like a TV show lol

If you ever produced a film you would know the budge is difference between filming a haunted house movie in a castle or a mansion

Wolf of Wall Street was a 100 million budget, and wasn't an action or superhero film

ocean's 13 budget was 85 million

will smith is the highest paid actor on the planet, that's why the budget is high

Vice Queen

aka Joe Henny
Supporter
Daps
Hustler, I figured how to produce movies just being around in LA, I got my own investors everything, so people been giving me projects they need funded, but a lot of these guys are missing stuff in the packages
in order to get the money they need, of course I will be making a handsome commission and get a producer credit:myman:
We should talk.

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps
Yes but look at the type shyt they are doing, it's a lot of extravagant shyt, shyt ain't cheap, this nikka in luxury suites, luxury clubs, they crashing cars
this shyt don't look like a TV show lol

If you ever produced a film you would know the budge is difference between filming a haunted house movie in a castle or a mansion

Wolf of Wall Street was a 100 million budget, and wasn't an action or superhero film

ocean's 13 budget was 85 million

will smith is the highest paid actor on the planet, that's why the budget is high

the difference is,

- The Wolf of Wall Street was released on the biggest movie day of the year (Christmas Day)

- Ocean's Thirteen was released in June as a summer blockbuster

100 million is a very high production budget for a simple movie with a February release date. all I'm saying is that it's a big roll of the dice for the studio and they probably should have waited until the summer to release it.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
production budget of 100 million for a simple movie like this? :dahell:

it will need to hit 200 million worldwide just to break even.

Will Smith COMMANDS $20 Million a picture along with Denzel and Tom Cruise. A lot of those movies budgets involve accommodating the star's salary plus shooting locations, those expensive ass cars you see in the trailer, The jewelry, all of that shyt

We ain't even get into Marketing:whew: movie probably cost around 120-145.

Anyways I'm going to see it. Setting aside my absolute HATRED for a black male chasing after a pale Cac broad, the movie looks like fun and I generally like all Will Smith movies (except 7 Pounds:scust:)

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps
Will Smith COMMANDS $20 Million a picture along with Denzel and Tom Cruise. A lot of those movies budgets involve accommodating the star's salary plus shooting locations, those expensive ass cars you see in the trailer, The jewelry, all of that shyt.

no doubt. Will's probably getting 20 million up front plus another 20% on the back end.

those cars, jewelry, and luxury suites may cost the studio a couple million to rent them out for a few weeks to film, but it's not as if that shyt makes a huge dent in the budget. Will's salary and advertising is what blew the budget up. it's just surprising they are releasing it during one of the slowest times of the year for movies.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
no doubt. Will's probably getting 20 million up front plus another 20% on the back end.

those cars, jewelry, and luxury suites may cost the studio a couple million to rent them out for a few weeks to film, but it's not as if that shyt makes a huge dent in the budget. Will's salary and advertising is what blew the budget up. it's just surprising they are releasing it during one of the slowest times of the year for movies.

Think of it like this. The last romantic flick starring Will Smith released in February was Hitch. Which was a HUGE financial success, also this is as good as any month for Will to carry a movie without any major competiton. From April onwards is chalk full of blockbusters (F7, the behomoth known as Avengers 2, Jurassic World, ect.) and this type of movie probably wouldn't play well in Smith's traditional July timeframe. So given the movie's genre and Focus (no pun) plus his previous success with a similar vehicle February makes sense