First Look: Will Smith and Margot Robbie in ‘Focus’ Update: New Trailer Posted

Tae

All Star
Daps
The movie looks kinda plain so I agree with the OP. And that's not a knock on Will, it just looks really bland. I'm more excited about him doing Suicide Squad because it'd be nice to see him step into something different and do an ensemble flick

What's interesting is that Ben Affleck was first attached to this and then Kristen Stewart. Next thing you know Ben drops out (maybe because they cast Kristen:skip:) so they brought in Will, and then Kristen drops out (maybe because they cast Will:skip:) and then they brought in Margot.
They should've done this movie as an action comedy not an action romance.
It has been a long time since a good action comedy with a male+female leads was made, action romance movies always seem to be going in several directions because it doesn't have a target audience.

Tae

All Star
Daps
I'm glad he's doing movies that might interest him, not just what has the highest potential gross

I'm not sure how much this film interests him. I think he took the role to help brush off some of residue from After Earth. This is light enough that people can enjoy it without feeling Will is trying too hard to prove himself as an actor.