First Look At The First Big Baller Brand Sneaker "ZO2" UPDATE: THIS SH*T COST $495

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Disagreeing with you doesn't make a person a contrarian.

I didn't say having sources meant I was right, I'm simply stating the fact that I have presented sources to back my assertions, while you anti-LaVar people seem to go off feelings and emotions and in some cases outright lying. LIke when one of the anti-Lavar group claimed BBB didn't mention quality in their mission statement.

Seeing that my sources literally said wal-mart brand jeans are made in the same factory with same materials as designer brand jeans I doubt anyone would laugh at my claim that I got from them.

Its okay breh, I know you are trying to save face hard and its fine, but try to pick a battle you can win.

And you think you can just take a few quotes and apply them as an absolute because you don't know anything about clothes. The walmart brands are shyt like Wrangler, really low end Levi's, etc. If you told me those jeans are made with the same materials as Ralph Lauren jeans that were made for outlet, I could believe that. But calling outlet store Ralph Lauren's a "designer brand" is a real stretch. But it's a stretch a person would make if they were trying to make an argument that designer brands are just Walmart clothes with a different tag. The Walmart jeans that try to imitate real designer brands like PRPS or True Religion are just laughable and you'd have to be Amish to mistake the two.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
And you think you can just take a few quotes and apply them as an absolute because you don't know anything about clothes. The walmart brands are shyt like Wrangler, really low end Levi's, etc. If you told me those jeans are made with the same materials as Ralph Lauren jeans that were made for outlet, I could believe that. But calling outlet store Ralph Lauren's a "designer brand" is a real stretch. But it's a stretch a person would make if they were trying to make an argument that designer brands are just Walmart clothes with a different tag. The Walmart jeans that try to imitate real designer brands like PRPS or True Religion are just laughable and you'd have to be Amish to mistake the two.
Breh, we already had our conversation and discussion. I'm not about to retype the same thing. We know where each other stances and we aren't changing each others minds.
So anything else?

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Breh, we already had our conversation and discussion. I'm not about to retype the same thing. We know where each other stances and we aren't changing each others minds.
So anything else?
Yeah, keep waving those BBB pom poms and try not to get so emotional when others don't.

Harry Sax

Formally mr 321
Daps
So they make polo specifically for outlets :patrice:

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City

Ralph Lauren has both “Polo” and “Ralph Lauren” outlets. The Ralph Lauren outlets are pricier, but carry only actual Polo overstocks and Purple Label stuff. Some, we’ve heard, have recently switched to women’s wear only. Discounts at these outlets are good but not great. The Polo outlets are primarily “planned overstock” made for the outlet stores. The quality is not amazing, though probably not much worse than other Polo items in their categories. The tailored clothes are mostly Lauren, which is a low-quality line. There are usually one to three racks, however, which have Polo, RRL and even Purple Label. Learn to spot these racks, and you can do very, very well

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

Yup. it used to be the defects, but now they specifically run lower quality for the outlets. That's why you see different styles there.

However, they do still carry retail overstock like 2 years later.

Marlo Barksdale

Really out chea
Daps
Reppin
Tha M
I think alot of people may not be big into fashion and therefore think that these luxury brands are just making regular stuff and just jacking the price all the way up. The consistency of their unique designs, quality and availability of their items are what got them their status the last 100 years or so. The cut and feel of these items is different for a good majority of their items. Funny this is alotta non-luxury shoe & clothes designs actually came from luxury brands first. If you're not really into fashion then they all might look the same but it's a definite difference between Prada America's Cups & those god awful Fila ripoffs.

fila-helmsman-prada-america-cup.jpg

Some may not can tell the difference but anyone really hip wouldn't be caught dead in those Filas. *Fun side note* The line that Wale won me over with was "my Pradas say 'Prada' and they Pradas say 'FILA'" on Pretty Girls" since I was rocking Prada America's Cups heavy back then.

The documentary Fresh Dressed really does an excellent job explaining why luxury brands are so coveted and why Black fashion houses don't last long. Here's a link to watch it.

Gucci, Prada, Rick Owens, etc are aspirational wear and I don't see how LaVar & BBB give off any aura of luxury that we aspire to become. He just seems like your loudmouth drunk uncle. I'm all for Black Excellence and Black Entrepreneurship, but I can't co-sign somebody who hasn't done their homework and studied the industry that they are about to enter.

Harry Sax

Formally mr 321
Daps
I think alot of people may not be big into fashion and therefore think that these luxury brands are just making regular stuff and just jacking the price all the way up. The consistency of their unique designs, quality and availability of their items are what got them their status the last 100 years or so. The cut and feel of these items is different for a good majority of their items. Funny this is alotta non-luxury shoe & clothes designs actually came from luxury brands first. If you're not really into fashion then they all might look the same but it's a definite difference between Prada America's Cups & those god awful Fila ripoffs.

fila-helmsman-prada-america-cup.jpg

Some may not can tell the difference but anyone really hip wouldn't be caught dead in those Filas. *Fun side note* The line that Wale won me over with was "my Pradas say 'Prada' and they Pradas say 'FILA'" on Pretty Girls" since I was rocking Prada America's Cups heavy back then.

The documentary Fresh Dressed really does an excellent job explaining why luxury brands are so coveted and why Black fashion houses don't last long. Here's a link to watch it.

Gucci, Prada, Rick Owens, etc are aspirational wear and I don't see how LaVar & BBB give off any aura of luxury that we aspire to become. He just seems like your loudmouth drunk uncle. I'm all for Black Excellence and Black Entrepreneurship, but I can't co-sign somebody who hasn't done their homework and studied the industry that they are about to enter.
So u saying black ppl can't make luxury items :patrice:

Hov

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No he said there is a documentary that actually shows why black houses haven't lasted long, and that BBB def doesn't fall anywhere close to the luxury item market or standard.

And I'm not really believeing that there are posters here that think Walmart and Gucci are the same thing different bag.

One of the first things you learn as an adult is about quality materials. You can buy 100 pair of Payless dress shoes and they will fall apart 2 months later, you buy one pair of Gucci dress shoes and they are looking brand new 20 years later.

Pick up a high end dress shirt, the quality, whiteness, thickness etc of it def isn't Sears.

I'm not one to blow a bag on clothes myself, but not one human can say that the high end brands don't look and feel 1000x better than a cheap knockoff.

Marlo Barksdale

Really out chea
Daps
Reppin
Tha M

I mean we can but we can't. One of the main reasons Blacks and hip-hop generation specifically desire designer clothing is because we see it as a mark status that we don't have but yearn to experience. Wearing it makes us feel like we've made it. No matter how much we may love a Black clothing brand, we still place those brands on a different bracket than the designer. The designer brands have staying power and represent a certain social class that Black brands don't give off. We love when these brands DON'T cater to us and hate it when they do (see: Tommy Hilfiger). We want to buy into a dream and Black designers are extremely trendy.

Add in the fact Americans in general still don't put American designers in the same class either (Ralph, DKNY, etc) and for years. Heck even the US Olympic teams were often outfitted in apparel from Canadian & German designers until Polo signed an exclusive deal in 2008. American designers just don't get the same respect as European designers.

Fashion History Lesson: How Halston, Levi Strauss and Ralph Lauren Changed Olympic Uniforms

Now I'm not saying we can't make luxury items but there is some deep rooted issues of class and race that BBB and any other Black designer has to realize and overcome. The things Lavar has been doing definitely are not helping him overcome these issues and in fact are widening them. If you ever go in a luxury brand's store or section, it's a whole different experience.

Watch the last 10 minutes of Fresh Dressed for more detailed
explanation (really watch the whole thing but the last 10 minutes really hits on the question you asked). I've always been interested in fashion and being fly since I was a kid so the whole psychology behind the industry is so interesting to me.