First Look At The First Big Baller Brand Sneaker "ZO2" UPDATE: THIS SH*T COST $495

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

my man need to invest in some big baller brand teeth whitening :picard:

you nikka don't know nothing about branding. if you are wealthy enough to pay $500 shoe you don't want to buy one for discounts. you actually want to pay more for it. do you ever see top brands doing 50% off? you go to mall and go to nieman marcus or something and check out pricing on those high end shoes. you never see louboutin, chanel and etc have 50% off. because it hurts branding. for these rich nikkas it's a major turn off

exactly... actually expensive brands like that actually tell their buyers they are not allowed to go on sale

that's where kanye got that line "couture level flow, it's never going on sale"

juicy couture would write into their contracts when you buy, that you will never put their products on sale for any reason, for that exact reason

people attribute sale with cheap.. or ask "hmmm i wonder why these are on sale"

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
they can do that because they built the brand up. you can't just price a damn shoe $500.

this is klay thompson's china shoes

lexmrfxt8toosdyvq3ve.jpg

imagine those chinese nikkas priced this at $500. wouldnt the whole world laugh at them?

you gotta build the brand up first. you gotta know your place. lonzo didn't do a damn thing in the nba. i understand if he was a superstar. all this nikka is a nba prospect. he ain't did nothing but play a decent ball in college.

this sh1t makes me mad. lavar ball offends me. he's putting too much pressure to his sons. all joke is on him if lonzo busts.
You got some serious issues if this offends you. I could care less. That's him. They not putting money in my pocket. Brand or not. People are idiots for paying for shoes that cost close to a car payment. Plus there were plenty high priced clothing when I was coming without even building a brand.

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)
You can't play the other side because there is none on this. That's like saying Bentley power the price so you can afford one. It don't work like that. You can't afford 300 for lemonade special edition or Alonzo sneaks if you want them tough luck. That's life and that's why there is no other side on this type of stuff. It's consumer goods not life or death stuff

Again, you are not following what I am saying. Bentley can't lower the price because (1) it knows who the consumers are and knows the company is not targeting everybody only people who are wealthy enough to buy luxury cars therefore the price is justified (2) I am sure there is something about the Bentley Car itself that differentiates it from a Honda Accord, I am not a car connoisseur but I know that luxury cars have some tangible feature that differentiates them from "regular' car (3) Bentley didn't pop up in 2017 out the gate and is a company that stretches almost a 100 years ago therefore has had the time to build their BRAND and reputation to command six figure prices for cars.

Those are the 3 points I am making that go into pricing and eventually why Bentley is pricing its cars at six figures. In order to price something you need to know who your customers are in addition to my 2nd and 3rd point. That's not feeling sorry for people, that's what is going to allow you to become a profitable company because if you are essentially pricing out your customer base you are not profitable because your sales are down because nobody is buying your stuff. Every company like I said has a target customer base and they don't sell everything to everybody. There is actually research that goes into rolling out a product.

Lavar Ball doesn't know his customer base, doesn't have a BRAND yet because his son hasn't played a NBA game yet, and there is nothing about this shoe that differentiates it from the competitors in terms of materials used to manufacture it. So why charge $500?

Last edited:

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
You got some serious issues if this offends you. I could care less. That's him. They not putting money in my pocket. Brand or not. People are idiots for paying for shoes that cost close to a car payment. Plus there were plenty high priced clothing when I was coming without even building a brand.

high end brands are high end brands not because they just jacked the price up breh. they have the quality, brand presence, and most importantly sold in high end retail store.

you can't just make shiit up and price it high. world doesn't work that way.

that nikka offends me because not only he's delusional, but he's putting too much pressure on his sons. as a parent i hate seeing other parents doing harm to their kids.

this will not end well if they bust.

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
For all of you saying this is too much..
Remember, they did the shoe 100% themselves..black owned, no Chinese kids in sweat shops slaving to make shoes for 15cent per hour.

I would spend the extra money to support black owned company

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if you're supporting this under the guise of supporting "black business" let's be reality and acknowledge the only thing black about this venture is the pops and sons.

i can pretty much guarantee seed funding didn't come from black investors or black owned banks. any future revenue from bbb will go towards paying off the high risk business loan and paying dividends to venture capitalists. and they most likely leveraged funding against lonzo's future earnings which i think is wack.

i think lonzo will be a successful athlete in his own right and i'll root for him to be rookie of the year. he seems like a cool humble dude. which makes me even more hot that he might be burdened with his pops visions of grandeur.

Perhaps they are getting purchase orders first , seeing demand then fulfilling it that way ?:ohhh:

You know VCs that would fund this after Nike, Adidas and the like said no to Co-branding ?:mjlol:

and you can guarantee leveraging a players potential salary for a new sports apparell company ? :mjgrin:

.:laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The big difference is,Shag already generated 400-500 million dollars in income before he introduced his sneakers.

Instead of some of these athletes clowning "BBB",why don't they pull their resources together and invest in "BBB".If Ball had financial backing he wouldn't have to charge $500 for a pair of sneakers.100 black athletes/entertainers could easily invest 3 million dollars each.

$3m X 100 = $300 million...Ball could give them 45% ownership....Open up two sneaker factories.One in Detroit and one in Mississippi.

$75m goes to signing athletes.
$25m goes to financing the product
$25m goes to advertising,Plus you have the social media of the 100 black investors.
$25m pays for the distribution.factories,workers and misc
$150m(stash,backup,cash on hand)

But this will never happen.Because most black people are haters,and will do what massa tells them to do.
Wtf are you talking about ??stop with these false examples . Give examples of all the great business moves lavar ball is doing and how he's giving back to the black community? Look at his wife and the area he lives in . He's doing this for himself and his family bottom line . Stop acting like he's doing all this amazing work