First Look At The First Big Baller Brand Sneaker "ZO2" UPDATE: THIS SH*T COST $495

Larry Lambo

Superstar
Daps
You coulda did that a long time ago simply by buying whatever the fukk you want. Is it their fault you're that loyal to their brands?

I'm not blaming them, I'm blaming us. But we continue to have the opportunity to build our own brands and companies, and it would be a travesty if we don't make progress in this market.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fam spare us. You find a BBB shirt that looks as good as a Gucci shirt then we can talk until then you ain't making sense. BBB stuff that's currently out looks like stuff from the late 90's enyce, Mecca, style era. I hear what you saying but you gotta have better comparisons. Also you see the rich black people supporting but most people ain't rich regardless of race and being real who going to cop something with less prestige just because? Most of y'all cats didn't even buy Starbury gear but now it's spend 500 on these sneaks? Stop it most people that can't drop 5 bills going to cop something that has more mass appeal white/black owned over this period. Hell I rather cop a Coogi sweater which is owned or was owned by one of them fubu dudes than these sneaks and I don't even think they ugly if a derivative of Kobe and adidas.

So you saying this gucci shirt is Fly?
STOP IT

Gucci Cotton t-shirt with appliqué

$480.00 for that trash Tshirt.

but its by Gucci. so someone will cop on the brand alone. dont be silly. its not about it looking fly. its about the name. dont think any different.

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I might cop depending on finances. I support this. Zo is all in on this, we can't let him down. NIKE has been pimping our brothers for way too long.

You realize any player with a signature shoe make more off their shoe deals than they do from their basketball team right?

These shoe deals aren't the equivalent of record labels or the NCAA

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
if you're supporting this under the guise of supporting "black business" let's be reality and acknowledge the only thing black about this venture is the pops and sons.

i can pretty much guarantee seed funding didn't come from black investors or black owned banks. any future revenue from bbb will go towards paying off the high risk business loan and paying dividends to venture capitalists. and they most likely leveraged funding against lonzo's future earnings which i think is wack.

i think lonzo will be a successful athlete in his own right and i'll root for him to be rookie of the year. he seems like a cool humble dude. which makes me even more hot that he might be burdened with his pops visions of grandeur.

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
as for the kicks, yep they look just like kobe's (which is good) but they're priced as a niche product. the basketball footwear market isn't really built for niche products that don't already have backing from a large brand. at that price they'll really have to deliver on quality control, materials, durability, and performance out the gate. something startup products always have a challenge with.

Daps
Lavar is like the Joe Jackson of basketball, pretty sure he was holding a belt posted up on the other side of that camera for the video.

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
this nikka is the reason why cacs and the world hate us. what justifies $500 price tag? it's repulsive. this shiit ain't right.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
So you saying this gucci shirt is Fly?
STOP IT

Gucci Cotton t-shirt with appliqué

$480.00 for that trash Tshirt.

but its by Gucci. so someone will cop on the brand alone. dont be silly. its not about it looking fly. its about the name. dont think any different.
No it's not but what's your point? That BBB shyt is worse. No shyt somebody will cop cause it's Gucci. My dude I already said as much so don't know what your point is. BBB don't have that cache yet and neither do most places just starting out so I don't get your point

Larry Lambo

Superstar
Daps
Basically nikkas act like it's not more brands out. Funny thing is why these dudes wasn't copping Starbury making him a hot brand. I copped the Ben Wallace Starbury just to rep when he was on the Bulls. Still got em lol.

I don't think a lot of people knew that Stephon had a ownership stake in Starbury. People thought that he was the face of the brand.

It probably would have not made a significant impact but a few more brothers would have copped.

Brehs did cop Ewings, tho.

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)
dumb video.

$495.00 is not for the black community. most of us can't afford that. PERIOD. so dont even try to. Those shoes are not for you BLACK community. sorry the white man stole our money and does us dirty so most of us are too broke for that.
Now a lot of white folks can afford that price tag. a lot of rich people can afford it. thats for them. not for you. if you kill yourself and miss rent to get them. thats your fault.

I have no specific position except for a business standpoint since I am in that realm. This video was just another aspect which appealed to the sentimental or emotion so I decided to contribute to the thread.

Again my position on this (outside of the sentimental things such as supporting black business/or black ownership), consumer goods' price are justified by a variety of factors some subjective others objective. The objective part is differentiation, does the product have some type of patented/proprietary technology that makes it better than other competitive products in the market OR is the product made of some unique quality raw material. If it does then premium prices are justified.

The subjective part is about perception from consumers in other words BRAND. Doe the consumers regard your product so highly that they are willing to pay the price that you are charging them.

In this case, BBB falls short on both. For the second one BRAND, Lonzo hasn't played a NBA game yet so for right now as much as his father wants to fool the public, his kid has no brand.

I see a lot of comparison to European luxury goods market and fashion houses. Some are right that a lot of the products that these European luxury goods carry is basic like a simple 100% cotton shirt I'm sure you can find a similar 100% cotton shirt at any retail store or someone on their own can make 100% cotton shirt with his/her own name on it. The reason why people are dishing out $500 for a Gucci shirt (i'm not one of them) is because of BRAND and these fashion houses have been around for more than 100 years and have a built reputation that justifies that price point.

Last edited:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I don't think a lot of people knew that Stephon had a ownership stake in Starbury. People thought that he was the face of the brand.

It probably would have not made a significant impact but a few more brothers would have copped.

Brehs did cop Ewings, tho.
Nah don't give these cats no out cause even then Marbury letting cats know what it was. The Ewings wasn't what BBB is trying to be but I do remember cats with them.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I have no specific position except for a business standpoint since I am in that realm. This video was just another aspect which appealed to the sentimental or emotion so I decided to contribute to the thread.

Again my position on this (outside of the sentimental things such as supporting black business/or black ownership), consumer goods' price are justified by a variety of factors some subjective others objective. The objective part is differentiation, does the product have some type of patented/proprietary technology that makes it better than other competitive products in the market OR is the product made of some unique quality raw material. If it does then premium prices are justified.

The subjective part is about perception from consumers in other words BRAND. Doe the consumers regard your product so highly that they are willing to pay the price that you are charging them.

In this case, BBB falls short on both. For the second one BRAND, Lonzo hasn't played a NBA game yet so for right now as much as his father wants to fool the public, his kid has no brand.
That video Ass fam. I hate when cats do that you should price it low for the black community
Foh. You don't have to cop everything and this is definitely something in the you don't need it realm. I might not like the price on the sneaks but I'm not going to be like lower the price for the black community. Please these are sneaks aka a luxury if you can't afford it or don't want to pay it don't and you'll be ok. I really dislike videos like the one you posted.