first day of college, you walk into the school gym and see

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As someone who has been recruited for law school this is bullshyt. You're posting articles, I've actually gone through the process. Stop it

You're lying or an idiot. Which school "recruited" you? Law schools don't "recruit" anymore than medical schools "recruit". People apply to law school and are accepted or declined; they aren't "recruited" by any school worth attending.

Anyway, your experience going through a so-called "recruiting" process doesn't mean you know what you're talking about. It is common knowledge on law forums and in general that black students from Howard get better chances there than anywhere else, precisely because top law firms prefer recruiting blacks from schools like Howard. Go search for the subject on any law student forum and the answer will be the same. If you actually knew anything about law, you'd know this too.

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Which school "recruited" you? Law schools don't "recruit" anymore than medical schools "recruit". People apply to law school; they aren't "recruited" by any school worth attending. Anyway, your experience going through a so-called "recruiting" process doesn't mean you know what you're talking about. It is common knowledge on law forums that black students from Howard get better chances there than anywhere else, precisely because top law firms prefer recruting blacks from schools like Howard. If you actually knew anything about law, you too would have this knowledge.

:heh: I actually went to law school, the extent of your experience comes from articles you've looked up online. Quite frankly, there are posters who I consider being beneath me to argue with, you're one of them. If you think you article makes you more qualified to argue the topic than an actual law student who has gone through the process then enjoy yourself :yeshrug:

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:heh: I actually went to law school, the extent of your experience comes from articles you've looked up online. Quite frankly, there are posters who I consider being beneath me to argue with, you're one of them. If you think you article makes you more qualified to argue the topic than an actual law student who has gone through the process then enjoy yourself :yeshrug:

I didn't link an article; I linked a forum. And while I don't believe you went to law school, you going to any one of the 200 or so in the US doesn't mean you know what you're talking about. It's like saying that because I went to a prep school, I know what the average graduating GPA is at all other prep schools.:comeon:

It's common knowledge that law firms give Howard and schools like it preferential hiring treatment. This is repeated everywhere. You don't know what you're talking about. If you want I'll go make a thread on top-law-schools.com and have actual law students say that Howard gives preferential treatment. :comeon:

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
As someone who has been recruited for law school this is bullshyt. You're posting articles, I've actually gone through the process. Stop it

Ny homegirl went to hu law and got a biglaw job making 160k

Full scholarship too

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Ny homegirl went to hu law and got a biglaw job making 160k

Full scholarship too

Law offices love names, that's their shyt. Trust me, I have friends going to law schools in a couple of states. I've actually had a couple of people who transferred to a law school with a bigger name and almost immediately received internships at law firms (THAT HAD PREVIOUSLY TURNED THEM DOWN) just because of the new names. Kids don't aim to go to big law schools just to do it, the NAME of the law school matters a lot. Even if their are SOME positions that will give preferential treatment to smaller/lesser ranked schools, these are exceptions to the rule. Why else do you think applicants to law schools are so concerned about rankings? If you've ever been on a law school campus, these kids WAIT on the annual rankings as if they're the next Spider-Man comic, it's crazy. What the clown above you, as well as you yourself, are talking about is the exception to the rule, but by and large, the higher your law school ranking on a national scale, the more likely you are to get a good internship/position.

- This thread took a side turn because people were offended that I pointed out the school in the O/P wasn't that highly ranked, so now they're trying to turn it in to a race issue. I never said anything bad about HBCU's at all, but you know how much the militants on this site love to be offended

If you don't believe me then whats the point of law school rankings at all? Why do you think kids fight tooth and nail to get higher LSAT scores so they can get in to those higher ranked law schools? You think it's just random? :yeshrug:

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
I always loved the people at HU. Id run into them on the scene at Dc. You guys say it may not be highly ranked but it's produced some fine black people.
I wish I went to a HBCU id be up there swag surfing doing it for the culture

• Dap
Reactions: I'z

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Law offices love names, that's their shyt. Trust me, I have friends going to law schools in a couple of states. I've actually had a couple of people who transferred to a law school with a bigger name and almost immediately received internships at law firms (THAT HAD PREVIOUSLY TURNED THEM DOWN) just because of the new names. Kids don't aim to go to big law schools just to do it, the NAME of the law school matters a lot. Even if their are SOME positions that will give preferential treatment to smaller/lesser ranked schools, these are exceptions to the rule. Why else do you think applicants to law schools are so concerned about rankings? If you've ever been on a law school campus, these kids WAIT on the annual rankings as if they're the next Spider-Man comic, it's crazy. What the clown above you, as well as you yourself, are talking about is the exception to the rule, but by and large, the higher your law school ranking on a national scale, the more likely you are to get a good internship/position.

- This thread took a side turn because people were offended that I pointed out the school in the O/P wasn't that highly ranked, so now they're trying to turn it in to a race issue. I never said anything bad about HBCU's at all, but you know how much the militants on this site love to be offended

If you don't believe me then whats the point of law school rankings at all? Why do you think kids fight tooth and nail to get higher LSAT scores so they can get in to those higher ranked law schools? You think it's just random? :yeshrug:

I feel you bro

law school rankings def. Matter, but top companies (for undergrad and grad programs) will go to howard to look for black employees before they go looking at higger ranked state schools

I am NOT saying that rankings dont matter

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
I feel you bro

law school rankings def. Matter, but top companies (for undergrad and grad programs) will go to howard to look for black employees before they go looking at higger ranked state schools

I am NOT saying that rankings dont matter

Well, yeah, if you graduated from Howard with honors vs. a low GPA at a State school, the Howard graduate might have a better chance of being picked. But I, for example, go to a top 50 law school and might still graduate with honors (depending on how the next year goes). Using common sense, all else equal, if I and a Howard Law School grad graduate with the same GPA (Howard is ranked #110th right now) apply for the same position who do you think is getting picked? :yeshrug:

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Well, yeah, if you graduated from Howard with honors vs. a low GPA at a State school, the Howard graduate might have a better chance of being picked. But I, for example, go to a top 50 law school and might still graduate with honors (depending on how the next year goes). Using common sense, all else equal, if I and a Howard Law School grad graduate with the same GPA (Howard is ranked #110th right now) apply for the same position who do you think is getting picked? :yeshrug:

The people on tls forums say you have a better chance of getting a big law job coming from howard than a top 50 school like tulane

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Coulda used the :mjpls: and your implications would have been much clearer. No it's not cause he's black. I know you be on that IT flow so if you told me you had a 6 figure salary I would take your word for it. Anyway I doubt anything I say is going to change your opinion of me:yeshrug:. I think he flexing for the net, wouldn't have believed him if he name dropped Columbia either. Also doesnt help that the coli is full of liars, so I may be somewhat biased.

nikka why don't you ask about me. I'm far from new on these boards. Don't really like to participate in bets proving shyt because honestly it usually brings out the haters. Proving how much I have in my account is a waste of my time. Unless you're a bank looking to give me money for a project, I have better things to do than to prove no name individuals that I have assets.

j.smooth4

All Star
Daps
Reppin
D[M]V
Transfer.
kaffeetrinker_2.gif
:deadmanny::dead::deadrose: