First Amazing Spider-Man 2 Reviews In :lupe:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Pretty much all we are getting these days too... And its what im expecting from the new spidey
Yeah. I'm just kinda getting tired of these superhero movies that are good, but ultimately very forgettable. Like, Winter Soldier was a good entertaining flick, but I don't see myself in 5 years going back to watch it[/QUOTE]

:why::dwillhuh::dahell: You said that like this is a common opinion or something, like what did you want from this movie that you didnt get? I am sure........ man fukk rotten tomatoes, and their opinions:pacspit: they are critics super hero movies will never be for people like that, they take their self and these movies too serious..

Last edited:

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
best comic book movie i have ever seen...
ghost world

and i aint even trolling. most of the rest of these comic book movies leave you empty and pretty much will be forgotten in a few months

I'd put some superhero movies before it, but yea, this was very good.

Yeah. I'm just kinda getting tired of these superhero movies that are good, but ultimately very forgettable. Like, Winter Soldier was a good entertaining flick, but I don't see myself in 5 years going back to watch it

Damn, haven't seen Cap 2 yet but I was hoping it was one of those memorable ones. All the new Marvel movies (besides First Class) so far to me have been in the good but forgettable lane (or worse).

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

Rayzah

Daps

Damn, haven't seen Cap 2 yet but I was hoping it was one of those memorable ones. All the new Marvel movies (besides First Class) so far to me have been in the good but not forgettable lane (or worse).
CAp 2 was great I dont know what this guy is talking about

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps

Damn, haven't seen Cap 2 yet but I was hoping it was one of those memorable ones. All the new Marvel movies (besides First Class) so far to me have been in the good but not forgettable lane (or worse).
I'm going to go see it again so we'll see if my perception changes or not (my friend hasn't seen it yet so ima go with her). It was a good movie don't get me wrong, the action scenes were dope, direction was good and there were some metaphorical messages sent as well in regards to being a soldier, war, etc, but idk, I just don't see myself feeling the need to revisit the movie, and I feel the same way about Avengers, Thor, Man of Steel, Amazing Spiderman and the first capt america. I'll always be able to watch the Dark Knight or even Batman Begins though.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
How the hell you recommend a film with admittedly no real plot? It must look really pretty for those 2.5 hours:mjlol:

These early bird reviewers always get 1st class treatment by the studios heads. They rarely give a bad review.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
CAp 2 was great I dont know what this guy is talking about
I never said it wasn't good, but it isn't a classic and I don't feel like 5 years down the line I'll randomly pick it to watch one night. These comic book movies are just becoming watered down in my opinion, with no inspiration or chances taken by the director, just your standard, bad guy ----> figure out way to take him down, end movie.

Rayzah

Daps
I never said it wasn't good, but it isn't a classic and I don't feel like 5 years down the line I'll randomly pick it to watch one night. These comic book movies are just becoming watered down in my opinion, with no inspiration or chances taken by the director, just your standard, bad guy ----> figure out way to take him down, end movie.
Im just saying you said this movie wasnt great like batman begins, but I know alot of people myself included that didnt think that movie was great either, it was too slow in the beginning and really didnt pick up until about 45 minutes into the movie. Whereas cap 2 was entertaining all the way through, the same with the avengers. My point was I dont expect movies based on comic books to be serious or have amazing dialog, so why do these reviewers keep taking points away for these movies being what they were intended to be, like there is a guide to making movies that everyone must follow for a movie to be considered great. And so what it wasnt a classic, it was really good, why did you say that like you were disappointed with it and they dropped the ball, contrary to popular belief there arent that many universally accepted classics, and in my opinion different genres have different things that can make or break a movie.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Im just saying you said this movie wasnt great like batman begins, but I know alot of people myself included that didnt think that movie was great either, it was too slow in the beginning and really didnt pick up until about 45 minutes into the movie. Whereas cap 2 was entertaining all the way through, the same with the avengers. My point was I dont expect movies based on comic books to be serious or have amazing dialog, so why do these reviewers keep taking points away for these movies being what they were intended to be, like there is a guide to making movies that everyone must follow for a movie to be considered great.
For me, there is a difference between being entertained and a movie "grabbing" you having you like :ohhh: and the dark knight is a perfect example of this. Avengers and Cap were both entertaining, but in terms of "classic" flicks that I love and watch over and over again, there is something more there than just entertainment, something deeper, that I didn't get from Cap 2 and a lot of the superhero flicks that have been coming out. This applies to ironman 2, 3, spidey, thor, etc. And of course everyone is going to have a differing opinion, but those are my two cents. I want to see more innovation or risk taking with these movies. Instead they're extremely formulaic and are essentially a money grab. I just don't feel like directors are particularly "inspired" to do comic book films but that they do it because its a career boost and they can make a lot of money.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
And they'll run two reviews, that's the UK one. And I know some of you cats will disagree but the relationship part is always the strongest part about the spider man mythos. The best spider man stories are about Peter and the relationships in his life, not just about spider man
The chemistry between Garfield and Stone was one of the best things about The Amazing Spiderman

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
:ohhh:,I want to see more innovation or risk taking with these movies. Instead they're extremely formulaic and are essentially a money grab.
Yeah I hear ya. With Cap 2, dope action sequences probably the best action scenes of all the marvel movies but you already know what's gonna happen. There's no climax because dude gonna stop the heli plane things from killing a grip of peeps. Its too predictable. Cap taking a loss at the end or something unexpected happening is missing.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yeah I hear ya. With Cap 2, dope action sequences probably the best action scenes of all the marvel movies but you already know what's gonna happen. There's no climax because dude gonna stop the heli plane things from killing a grip of peeps. Its too predictable. Cap taking a loss at the end or something unexpected happening is missing.

I thought about that when I was watching it and of course I was thinking that when shyt started happening in Cap and its tough to get behind the suspense of the flick when you know everything will be safe at the end of the day

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Seems like the reviews dock points for the same shyt they praise the marvel/films for.

Ill be there opening night anyway.

I said the SAME shyt...like they're docking the flick for being a comic book come to life but praised the avengers for being a comic book come to life :dwillhuh: