Fire Emblem Engage (January 20, 2023)

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I really need to get a permanent costume change for the main character so that red and blue hair is gone.

It's not even half/half like a normal human being it's just random red sticking out parts of his scalp for no reason :scust:

AdmiredFocusedAnnelid-size_restricted.gif

i bet there was some weird focus testing they did that told them red and blue would make them appeal more in the west or something
:dead: !!!!

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Day 1. Hopefully, they improve with respect to maps and story. 3 Houses having 4 routes and only the Blue Lions route felt really good. Everything else felt more like a side route IMO. The Golden Deer and Empire routes felt really underused and didn't live up to their potential. The church and golden deer routes felt like copy and paste of each other essentially.

Hopefully, they focus it so it is one path in the main story.
after midway through your first run, there is *zero* reason to do it lmao
I mean technically speaking the two get a + in charisma rating. Which if you are playing maddening is great for Byleth.

But lets be honest 97% of the people here are playing on hard at the very most. In which case I agree it is pointless. As long as you got the dancer class there was nothing else that you NEEDED to do. (Hell even the meals and all that other stuff didn't effect too much iirc)

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Day 1. Hopefully, they improve with respect to maps and story. 3 Houses having 4 routes and only the Blue Lions route felt really good. Everything else felt more like a side route IMO. The Golden Deer and Empire routes felt really underused and didn't live up to their potential. The church and golden deer routes felt like copy and paste of each other essentially.

Hopefully, they focus it so it is one path in the main story.

I mean technically speaking the two get a + in charisma rating. Which if you are playing maddening is great for Byleth.

But lets be honest 97% of the people here are playing on hard at the very most. In which case I agree it is pointless. As long as you got the dancer class there was nothing else that you NEEDED to do. (Hell even the meals and all that other stuff didn't effect too much iirc)
I think they should abandon the routes. That causes them to start introducing too many characters when instead they can just focus on a core cast and tighten things up. 3 Houses was especially guilty. They'd have all these characters and really just a few in each route really even mattered after the time skip even less mattered.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Idk how they managed to make something so thematically uninteresting after three houses, but they did.

Satsui no Hadou

CHICANO 🇲🇽 🇺🇸
Daps
It looks like a much-needed return to the basics that made fire emblem a good game, mechanically speaking. I shied away from most of the newer releases due to the waifu simulator shyt…it just used to be you unlocked secret conversations with certain units that gave you bonuses between paired characters.

That said, I don’t even think Nintendo could ever top path of radiance. That is the quintessential fire emblem title for me.