Finally watching The Shield in 2019...

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
Just finished the whole thing in about a month.

Shane is the biggest piece of shyt on the show but Walton Goggins killed that role, easily the best performance on the show. That finale :picard:.

I liked the series overall but I do have some criticisms, such as the villains basically lasting one season at a time and not being interesting charcters. And often it felt more like a police procedural to me than a serial drama.

I know they put in Tina as eye candy but she was a pretty wholesome character.

Michael Chiklis will be in a new show called Coyote where he plays (ironically) a border patrol agent, I will check it out.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

Shane is the biggest piece of shyt on the show but Walton Goggins killed that role, easily the best performance on the show. That finale :picard:.

I liked the series overall but I do have some criticisms, such as the villains basically lasting one season at a time and not being interesting charcters. And often it felt more like a police procedural to me than a serial drama.

Michael Chiklis will be in a new show called Coyote where he plays (ironically) a border patrol agent, I will check it out.
WHAT???

Asaveda was there the whole time
Claudette was always up his ass
Antoine Mitchell was there season 4, got locked up, and still had a role in 5,6 and 7..
The Armenians were a constant threat

I mean I do get it.. There was no big bad guy in control.. But in the end, it was still greatness

Daps

Spook streeeet

That's because Vic was the true villain of the series. No matter how big the bad they ran into, Vic was a bigger bad.

Vic was the bad guy. Dude beat a serial killer rapist gang leader Armadillo to the point that Armadillo was crying legit tears

No matter who Vic ever ran into, he was always worse.

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
WHAT???

Asaveda was there the whole time
Claudette was always up his ass
Antoine Mitchell was there season 4, got locked up, and still had a role in 5,6 and 7..
The Armenians were a constant threat

I mean I do get it.. There was no big bad guy in control.. But in the end, it was still greatness

Claudette and Acaveda weren't villains though, and the former isn't even an antagonist.

I just meant that it's not like there were criminals on the show who weren't one dimensional. They would introduce some over the top bad guys and they would be a thing for about a season on average.

But I guess the point of the show was really the conflicts within the Barn.

Spook streeeet

That's because Vic was the true villain of the series. No matter how big the bad they ran into, Vic was a bigger bad.

Vic was the bad guy. Dude beat a serial killer rapist gang leader Armadillo to the point that Armadillo was crying legit tears

No matter who Vic ever ran into, he was always worse.

True. Vic was the real villain and he turned Shane into one.

Even though Vic killed someone in the first episode, I thought he entered next level scumbaggery when he shoved his gun in that hooker's mouth.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Claudette and Acaveda weren't villains though, and the former isn't even an antagonist.

I just meant that it's not like there were criminals on the show who weren't one dimensional. They would introduce some over the top bad guys and they would be a thing for about a season on average.

But I guess the point of the show was really the conflicts within the Barn.

True. Vic was the real villain and he turned Shane into one.

Even though Vic killed someone in the first episode, I thought he entered next level scumbaggery when he shoved his gun in that hooker's mouth.
I see what you mean.. I guess I see them as the opposition. Therefore the "villain" to Vic... Our antihero

But they really quit the over the top villian after 3/4

First it was Aceveda. They didn't have a villian. Each episode was like Law and Order almost
Second season was when they brought in dude FROM Law and Order to play the Mexican brother
Third was back to season 1. No big villian.
Fourth was Antoinne Mitchell.. He was still around and causing trouble until the 7th season, but got locked up at the end of that one
5 was Cavanaugh. And getting Lem off
6 was finding who killed Lem
7 was Shane....

So really I don't even think they did that big bad villain shyt but 2/3 seasons. Some didn't even last a full season

Daps
Greatest series finale of all time. that final set of episodes :wow:

I've watched the entire series probably 3 or 4 times since it first aired.

I started a rewatch late last year, and I stopped on the final season when the walls were closing in. I still haven't started back yet :wow: I don't think I can deal with the emotions of it right now, cause it's so intense.

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Amazing show that seldom gets proper due these days due to timing. Enjoy. Pieces here and there are slightly dated but it's still one of the greats.

On a side note, it irks me so much when ppl say Sons of Anarchy is one of the greatest series of all time and havent heard of The Shield. :hhh:

SoA was entertaining but ain't one of the goats. Muthafukkas having shoot outs in broad daylight and then going back to the club like nothing happened.

:mjlol::hhh:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Definitely the most underrated show ever in that early era of the golden age of TV. The Shield low key is the real show that helped kick off all the gritty shyt that we started seeing on FX, AMC, etc (non-premium/subscription channels like HBO).

Also one of the best endings that gets overlooked. The final couple episodes were gripping, and the final 30 seconds of the show is one of the best closings I can think of.

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
Definitely the most underrated show ever in that early era of the golden age of TV. The Shield low key is the real show that helped kick off all the gritty shyt that we started seeing on FX, AMC, etc (non-premium/subscription channels like HBO).

Also one of the best endings that gets overlooked. The final couple episodes were gripping, and the final 30 seconds of the show is one of the best closings I can think of.

It was the show that started the trend of saying "shyt" and "a$$hole" on basic cable dramas. They even said "cocksucker" and "cumguzzler" a few times in the earlier seasons.

And while violence has always been acceptable on American TV, they really took it to the next level.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
That spanish song that was playing tho :banderas:

One of my favorite songs

one of my favorite scenes Vic is walking down the street after some fukkery at night and a police patrol care stops and shines a flashlight on him

he gets pissed off “I’m a cop :mjtf:

some rock song is playing but the whole shyt was :banderas: