Finally Saw Microsoft's Presentation...Why Are They So Stupid?

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Microsoft is still doing the old G4TV format that died a decade ago. I honestly want to see if the people behind those shows are working at Microsoft now because I really don't understand why they're still doing that shyt. I feels like the same nikka is writing the scripts and every thing. You don't need 6 god damn presenters and you don't need cringey jokes. Cut all them nikkas loose and just let the games speak for themselves.
This has been MS problem for like ever. This seemed to have changed a little with Spencer and Booty.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Battered fan syndrome with Microsoft being the batterer.

Been getting shytted on since 2008 but still believe the "baby, I'm going to change" sweet nothings they whisper in the ear.
I will say this. And give Xbox fans this one. This gen failure was due to Mattrick and also Terry Myerson limiting budget to the Xbox division which is why there was hardly any first party studios this gen from them. Again you have to give them that.

However.... This next gen is ALL on Phil Spencer and Matt Booty. The Xbox Series X is Phil's CONSOLE and everything that comes with it. No more Mattrick or Myerson excuses. Next gen we will see of Phil was really serious or just spitting :duck:.

Daps
Games will look better than that or on par.
Unreal Engine 4 demo showed in Jun 2012.

Ps4 games that look better
source.gif

xjvVpMF.gif
uh2W7Nl.gif

ta42DdH.gif
sSBTp1i.gif

I seriously don't know why people think games won't look on par with that.

those games or UE4 don't look close to that tech demo breh :mjlol:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
those games or UE4 don't look close to that tech demo breh :mjlol:
Read his post again. He is saying that people THINK games wont be able to replicate that UE5 demo. Meanwhile, UE4 demo has been surpassed by PS4 first party games without a sweat. Heck Gears 5 surpassed UE4 demo.

What he is saying as next gen progresses on that we'll see BETTER looking games than that UE5 demo like we seen this gen against UE4.

Daps
Read his post again. He is saying that people THINK games wont be able to replicate that UE5 demo. Meanwhile, UE4 has been surpassed by PS4 first party games without a sweat. Heck Gears 5 surpassed UE4 demo.

What he is saying as next gen progresses on that we'll see BETTER looking games than that UE5 demo like we seen this gen against UE4.
that tech demo was gameplay though even though it was under very limited constraints
that UE4 was a straight up tech demo trailer
my point is will games look like that from launch?
because if not then they are overhyping this teraflop and ssd thing
I don't care if games look like that years from now
the games might look like the Microsoft presentation at launch
That would be a huge disappointment considering this is supposed to be a big leap

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
that tech demo was gameplay though even though it was under very limited constraints
The UE4 was a tech demo not even ran on a PS4 at the time.

PS4 games surpassed that.

This tech demo was run on a PS5, PS5 games will surpass that.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I don't care if games look like that years from now
the games might look like the Microsoft presentation at launch
That would be a huge disappointment considering this is supposed to be a big leap
Launch games usually dont look steller because devs have not dug deep into the hardware yet. But year or two it will.

Daps
The UE4 was a tech demo not even ran on a PS4 at the time.

PS4 games surpassed that.

This tech demo was run on a PS5, PS5 games will surpass that.
I misread your original post
PS5 games will surpass that but if they currently look like the level at the microsoft presentation :mjlol:
Then it's another generation in which it will take years to see a huge jump
I was expecting a huge jump from the beginning with all this technology hype talk

Daps
Launch games usually dont look steller because devs have not dug deep into the hardware yet. But year or two it will.
I agree but even last gen wasn't THAT much of a jump compared to the generation before it
I was expecting a big jump this generation and if the jump is as great as they say it is we should be wowed from day 1

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I agree but even last gen wasn't THAT much of a jump compared to the generation before it
I was expecting a big jump this generation and if the jump is as great as they say it is we should be wowed from day 1
Let me put it to you like this interns of CPU ALONE. PS4 and X1 not only had outdated ass CPU out the box during 2013 but these were CPUs for freaking notebooks. This was because both assumed consoles would be dead after this gen which is false. lol. Now the CPUs they have now are BEAST that some gaming rigs use. Its gonna be a leap. Devs complained about CPU power this entire thread.

Daps
Let me put it to you like this interns of CPU ALONE. PS4 and X1 not only had outdated ass CPU out the box during 2013 but these were CPUs for freaking notebooks. This was because both assumed consoles would be dead after this gen which is false. lol. Now the CPUs they have now are BEAST that some gaming rigs use. Its gonna be a leap. Devs complained about CPU power this entire thread.
of course there will be a leap but like I said if it is as great as they say it is, then the launch titles' graphics should wow us

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was googling to see when Inside Xbox started and apparently it was a Xbox Live show they cancelled in 2012 but somehow it came back. Seems like its Major Nelson pet project that unfortunately got revived.

Also somebody named Carrie Havel is credited as directing Inside Xbox in 2018. Take a wild guess what shows she served as assistant director on :beli:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
of course there will be a leap but like I said if it is as great as they say it is, then the launch titles' graphics should wow us
Bro.... Launch titles are not going to WOW us right outta the gate. Unless we're going from 2D to 3D. Its not that simple especially with many being cross gen. Freaking Perfect Dark Zero and Kameo both which were launch titles for the 360 but 360 EXCLUSIVE titles and yet looked like freaking better looking original Xbox games. Now compare those two to 360 games that came out LATER like Gears of War 3 and Fable 3 which looked night and day and even played night and day.

But just do the mathematics. Just compare specs of this gen to next gen alone.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Was googling to see when Inside Xbox started and apparently it was a Xbox Live show they cancelled in 2012 but somehow it came back. Seems like its Major Nelson pet project that unfortunately got revived.

Also somebody named Carrie Havel is credited as directing Inside Xbox in 2018. Take a wild guess what shows she served as assistant director on :beli:
No wonder it got cancelled to begin with. Put Cindy Walker in charge of marketing Xbox....