Finally Saw Microsoft's Presentation...Why Are They So Stupid?

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The problem is that they threw too much sauce on what they were announcing. They saw those trailers and still decided to say "The moment you've been waiting for! FIRST NEXT GEN XBOX SERIES X GAMEPLAY!". Didn't help that Aaron Greenberg is stuck in 2006 and was throwing even more extras on top of that to drive the hype higher.

Everything has been on point except for the lead up t that IX show. As long as they don't oversell the next two events they'll be fine.

Daps
I can't wait to see how Halo Infinite looks and Sony's other first party PS5 titles. That's when the real war starts. GIFS and compressed to hell JPG's as ammo :ohlawd:

Aaron Greenberg tweets, vague Phil Spencer tweets and thousands of forum experts clashing with videos and pictures to boot :wow:
I want to see what difference the SSD makes
Again the tech demo game play got me hyped but then it died down because I realize games might look like what we saw
in the MS presentation for both systems

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
The problem is that they threw too much sauce on what they were announcing. They saw those trailers and still decided to say "The moment you've been waiting for! FIRST NEXT GEN XBOX SERIES X GAMEPLAY!". Didn't help that Aaron Greenberg is stuck in 2006 and was throwing even more extras on top of that to drive the hype higher.

Everything has been on point except for the lead up t that IX show. As long as they don't oversell the next two events they'll be fine.
His dumb cac ass needs to be replaced by Cindy Walker.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...

Huffing and puffing. It's like they still channel the spirit of Steve Balmer.

SoSoSlick

Still gettin it!
Daps
Reppin
PG County

This is facts.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Real? They've been rightfully marketing their console as the most powerful console currently and said at IX that there will be next gen gameplay. We did not see gameplay and some of the games(according to people not me) was not impressive or "next gen."
They showed off plenty of next gen gameplay.

If dirt running at 120fps or The Medium with crisp graphics and “next gen gameplay”(according to the devs) didn’t impress people. Then they weren’t paying attention.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
They showed off plenty of next gen gameplay.

If dirt running at 120fps or The Medium with crisp graphics and “next gen gameplay”(according to the devs) didn’t impress people. Then they weren’t paying attention.
No one cares about Dirt or sees that game as next gen. I am fukking with Medium but thats the only game that looked impressive but that Sony demo looked more impressive imo. MS had one bad misstep its alright to admit such. They didnt show gameplay for AC which pissed a lot of people off.

Last edited:
Daps

Exactly.
You can't hype up the specs and how powerful it is and then have the graphics level shown in the presentation
There has to be a noticeable leap starting from the launch titles
Even though it's early, the graphics should still amaze us since this is supposed to be next gen

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No one cares about Dirt or sees that game ass next gen. I am fukking with Medium but thats the only game that looked impressive but that Sony demo looked more impressive imo. MS had one bad misstep its alright to admit such. They didnt show gameplay for AC which pissed a lot of people off.
Big difference from saying you don’t care and something wasn’t shown.

I personally don’t care about a tech demo for a nonexistent game made on a graphics engine that won’t be available for at least two years. But here we are:manny:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Big difference from saying you don’t care and something wasn’t shown.

I personally don’t care about a tech demo for a nonexistent game made on a graphics engine that won’t be available for at least two years. But here we are:manny:
Breh.... Even one of the studios who were THERE agreed with the criticism.
Ljubomir Peklar, game director for Inside Xbox’s most intriguing games, Scorn, agrees that Microsoft had a messaging issue when building expectations for the reveal, something Microsoft themselves admitted.

Microsoft had some messaging problems,” Peklar told us. “People expected multi-million AAA production games to show off next-gen visuals and, most importantly, gameplay showcases.”
Scorn Interview: Delving Inside the Xbox Series X Exclusive - MSPoweruser

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I want to see what difference the SSD makes
Again the tech demo game play got me hyped but then it died down because I realize games might look like what we saw
in the MS presentation for both systems
Games will look better than that or on par.
Unreal Engine 4 demo showed in Jun 2012.

Ps4 games that look better
source.gif

xjvVpMF.gif
uh2W7Nl.gif

ta42DdH.gif
sSBTp1i.gif

I seriously don't know why people think games won't look on par with that.

SoSoSlick

Still gettin it!
Daps
Reppin
PG County
But it wasn’t an “indie showcase”

that would be downplaying what it actually was.

They said from jump it would be a 3rd party showcase to kick off the marketing for some of their partners.

People just like to complain.

Im 100% sure had Microsoft showed the same epic demo the reactions would have been “where’s the games, that’s just a tech demo”

They showed the games.

Cant win with some people :manny:
Youre not wrong but its not what people want to see or hear. You dont get people excited by asking them to "buy the most powerful console ever and play these next gen games that dont look much above what we are getting now this holiday!!" Managing expectations are key and its a catch 22.

Now if PS5 launches with games that look like UE5 and XSX doesnt theyll have a serious problem.

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Microsoft is still doing the old G4TV format that died a decade ago. I honestly want to see if the people behind those shows are working at Microsoft now because I really don't understand why they're still doing that shyt. I feels like the same nikka is writing the scripts and every thing. You don't need 6 god damn presenters and you don't need cringey jokes. Cut all them nikkas loose and just let the games speak for themselves.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Youre not wrong but its not what people want to see or hear. You dont get people excited by asking them to "buy the most powerful console ever and play these next gen games that dont look much above what we are getting now this holiday!!" Managing expectations are key and its a catch 22.
It’s just internet narratives. Can’t win them really. Complaining would come no matter what.

Now if PS5 launches with games that look like UE5 and XSX doesnt theyll have a serious problem.
There will be games that launch on both systems that are more impressive than that demo.