Finally Saw Microsoft's Presentation...Why Are They So Stupid?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The tech demo is the only thing worth upgrading to in terms of graphics and interaction
Next gen can't just be pretty graphics
that’s all the epic demo showed. Gameplay/physics was decidedly last gen.

Only thing there was pretty graphics.

That being said, if launch games look like what Microsoft showed for both systems, then it's not worth it
There should still be a noticeable leap and that presentation was not it :mjlol:
You first say “next gen can’t just be pretty graphics” then proceed to complain about the graphics of the games they showed.

Microsoft showed off next gen gameplay systems that we will play very soon.
Microsoft sucks at execution. What they need to do is replace their marketing team. Microsoft has good ideas but their actual execution is horrid and their marketing team makes it worse. Either way the Series X is gonna be able to do the same thing that demo did. Especially consider Xbox studios use UE more than PS studios.
Apparently people like being lied to.

Xbox been very detailed and upfront.

Guess that ain’t good enough:manny:

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

You first say “next gen can’t just be pretty graphics” then proceed to complain about the graphics of the games they showed.

Who’s been lying?

Daps

That demo wasn't just pretty graphics
The animation and physics, the environment, the whole impressiveness of it all, especially that last flying scene, was on another level
Microsoft is just dumb when it comes to this
All this talk of teraflops and SSDs only for the launch titles to look like that MS presentation :mjlol:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
What I said is mostly true even though Sony has gotten filled with too much hubris at times
This is why Microsoft and Nintendo are necessary to keep Sony humble

Nintendo's arrogance was beyond ridiculous in the 90s. To paint them as so sweet is :scust:

Them nikkaz was deebo'in publishers and devs left and right esp with licensing fees and shyt.

Daps
Nintendo's arrogance was beyond ridiculous in the 90s. To paint them as so sweet is :scust:

Them nikkaz was deebo'in publishers and devs left and right esp with licensing fees and shyt.
This is why I stopped being a console fanboy a long time ago even though I was a Playstation fanboy for a brief period as a kid :mjlol:
To me it's pointless if you can afford all the systems
I remember the stan/fanboy wars :mjlol:
The online meltdowns:mjlol:
The reactions:mjlol:
All these companies want our money and will fukk us over when we give them the chance as they have all shown
I'm just glad I'm buying them all

Last edited:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)

No Xbox has been doing a GOOD job building the Series X momentum since December. However, that Inside Xbox shyt shown again that their execution/marketing still needs work.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
That demo wasn't just pretty graphics
The animation and physics, the environment, the whole impressiveness of it all, especially that last flying scene, was on another level
Animation is clearly better in lots of current gen games. There was no real physics calculations. Again plenty of current games have done much better. That’s not even what they were trying to show off.

The last flying scene was a non-interactive.

The same type of set piece we see in current games.

Microsoft is just dumb when it comes to this
All this talk of teraflops and SSDs only for the launch titles to look like that MS presentation :mjlol:
Again they showed realistic next gen gameplay that we will be playing soon.

If reality don’t look good enough for you, that’s not their fault:manny:

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
winoffice will always be there saving grace.

Yup.

True. That Xbox 360 run from 2006 to around 2012 was one of the goats. They were dropping gems after gems :wow:

nikka they was firing on all cylinders.

• Great exclusives: PGR, Fable, Gears, Fable, Forza
  • XBOX Live was dominating
  • These nikkas straight up dropped an OS update on a console. I was like: “did these nikkas straight up change the interface up mid-gen? That was unprecedented. :ooh:
  • Controller was on muhfukkin point

360 is when they became a legit problem for Sony.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No Xbox has been doing a GOOD job building the Series X momentum since December. However, that Inside Xbox shyt shown again that their execution/marketing still needs work.
Like I said. It was upfront truth about what to expect with early next gen games.

They could have done better “marketing” and showed some tech demos, but they chose not to.

In an industry where lies and misinformation leads first. The fact that they chose to be real should be commendable.

but I guess not

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yup.

nikka they was firing on all cylinders.

• Great exclusives: PGR, Fable, Gears, Fable, Forza
  • XBOX Live was dominating
  • These nikkas straight up dropped an OS update on a console. I was like: “did these nikkas straight up change the interface up mid-gen? That was unprecedented. :ooh:
  • Controller was on muhfukkin point

360 is when they became a legit problem for Sony.

Sony left the door open with a 599 price. PS3 drops at 399, would have been domination again. Playstation Branding and ultimately games allowed them to catchup and surpass the 360. The RROD and losing a lot of exclusives that were initially 360 only didn't help either. That's why you can't rely on 3rd party exclusives.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Like I said. It was upfront truth about what to expect with early next gen games.

They could have done better “marketing” and showed some tech demos, but they chose not to.

In an industry where lies and misinformation leads first. The fact that they chose to be real should be commendable.

but I guess not
Real? They've been rightfully marketing their console as the most powerful console currently and said at IX that there will be next gen gameplay. We did not see gameplay and some of the games(according to people not me) was not impressive or "next gen."