Finally ps5 breakdown

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Sony engineering is trash. How is the system going to be 30-40% weaker than the xbox yet 3 times as large?

Sony done fell off. It better be at least quiet as shyt.

Pushing those frequencies come at a cost, hence the size of the heatsink.

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
better cooling... it’s actually a great idea. Thoroughly designed

We’ll that’s to be determined...but it doesn’t seem all that great of a design, it seems necessary instead.

I ain’t trying to start no shyt but I’m not impressed :francis:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Daps
Reppin
:gucci: But no seriously, who thought creating a system that big was a good idea :picard:

Form factor is one thing, size is another.

PS5 ~286mm2
Series X - 360mm2
Series S ~190mm2

Those are the SOC or system on chip sizes. The size of the PS5 is necessitated by the fact that these smaller parts running at extreme speeds and creating lots of heat internally prompted the need for a huge heatsink. It's why slim gaming laptops cost so much for example. A lot of power in small components come at a cost. Liquid metal lowers temperature over thermal paste between 7-10 degrees. The XSX has a 315W power supply, PS5 has a 350W power supply.

I just believe when they realized that they needed to up the clocks on this, they got PS4/Pro jet engine visions and were determined to not have that again. I prefer the overkill of the cooling solution of the PS5 admittedly but larger console, less powerful console and more power hunger console is not the trifecta you want to have. Like I've said before, I truly believe that Cerny was going to make the best $399 console money could buy originally but midway, they had to reverse course and we got this. More competent than a $399 console but not as efficient as a $499 console should be from them if that was the design goal in the beginning. This console has always read as a compromise to get to where its at.

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
Form factor is one thing, size is another.

PS5 ~286mm2
Series X - 360mm2
Series S ~190mm2

Those are the SOC or system on chip sizes. The size of the PS5 is necessitated by the fact that these smaller parts running at extreme speeds and creating lots of heat internally prompted the need for a huge heatsink. It's why slim gaming laptops cost so much for example. A lot of power in small components come at a cost. Liquid metal lowers temperature over thermal paste between 7-10 degrees. The XSX has a 315W power supply, PS5 has a 350W power supply.

I just believe when they realized that they needed to up the clocks on this, they got PS4/Pro jet engine visions and were determined to not have that again. I prefer the overkill of the cooling solution of the PS5 admittedly but larger console, less powerful console and more power hunger console is not the trifecta you want to have. Like I've said before, I truly believe that Cerny was going to make the best $399 console money could buy originally but midway, they had to reverse course and we got this. More competent than a $399 console but not as efficient as a $499 console should be from them if that was the design goal in the beginning. This console has always read as a compromise to get to where its at.

Said it way better than I ever could but that’s essentially what I meant :ehh:

We’ll that’s to be determined...but it doesn’t seem all that great of a design, it seems necessary instead.

I ain’t trying to start no shyt but I’m not impressed :francis:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Sony made the best design to keep their costs down.

They are saving a lot of money on that SOC compared to Microsoft.

They had to overclock the shyt out of everything in order to compete on power. PS5 gonna draw a lot of power and generate a lot of heat so they had to use a huge case to accommodate the fan and heat sink.

Xbox is the more elegant design in that its SOC is actually a lot larger, yet they were still able to put it in a smaller box. It’s a unique architecture that puts lots of power in a small space. But I’m sure Microsoft BOM is a lot more than Sony’s.

Mountain

All Star
Daps
Reppin
more money
Xbox series X is literally a super computer.

nikkas with cheap nightstands and poor ventilation should consider the ps5. Although you'll likely need to factor in professional moving costs to carry that oversized monstrosity inside your house...:russ:

That sexy black Xbox series X is lean, svellet, and runs a little hot when she gets excited. I like my hoes with a little spunk. :mjlit:

Meanwhile the humongous bytch aka big whale aka the PS5 taking up all the space in the entertainment rack. :camby:

Look at this hating ass xthot:heh:

I like my consoles like my women

Big, unnecessarily expensive and ugly :noah:

The ones who don't give a shyt about the size of some damn hardware but rather care about getting good performing games???? The ones that know PC components are big and creating more heat???? I mean, wtf...

You mean the same ones getting the weaker oversized console for the same price they can get a much stronger smaller one that actually has more games, storage and features for?

Those ones breh? :krs:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Daps
Reppin
Sony made the best design to keep their costs down.

They are saving a lot of money on that SOC compared to Microsoft.

They had to overclock the shyt out of everything in order to compete on power. PS5 gonna draw a lot of power and generate a lot of heat so they had to use a huge case to accommodate the fan and heat sink.

Xbox is the more elegant design in that its SOC is actually a lot larger, yet they were still able to put it in a smaller box. It’s a unique architecture that puts lots of power in a small space. But I’m sure Microsoft BOM is a lot more than Sony’s.

The XSX's larger SOC and the split motherboard seems to indicate that their BOM is higher. Everything else seems relatively standard.