Finally joined YouTube Premium

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second โ€œCarterโ€
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
I don't know how people have went for so long putting up with ads on Youtube. I've had Google Play Music which includes Youtube Premium for like 4 years now, I honestly never understand why people swear by the other music services when none of them offer Youtube Premium with their subs.

I've been an advocate for this service based off of the value alone for years.

Cause GPM don't play well with others. None of amazon's devices work with GPM. Any google apps are very barebones on iphones and of course don't work with Siri. Even game systems don't support GPM but they do support Spotify and apple music. Even just recently with apple buying Shazam you can no longer link shazam finds to gpm.

However i was always a advocate of GPM. Had it for over 5 years. Not only because of the obvious Youtube support but also because it allows u to upload your own music. NO OTHER MUSIC SERVICE HAS THIS. Only GPM allows u to upload your own music and it will migrate it with it's own library. That alone is worth the 10$ a month to me (Well 13$ for ya boy! Got a grandfathered family plan!!)

I got the free trial for 92 days..still see ads on YouTube though.

Naw. They took the combo away for new users cause they are trying to phase out gpm. You still get the combo but u got to sign up for youtube premium which will also come with youtube music. Not gpm.

Last edited:

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I got the free trial for 92 days..still see ads on YouTube though.
Are you using the same email for Youtube that you're using when you sign into Google Play Music? It's all tied to the same email.

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Cause GPM don't play well with others. None of amazon's devices work with GPM. Any google apps are very barebones on iphones. Even game systems don't support GPM but they do support Spotify and apple music.

However i was always a advocate of GPM. Had it for over 5 years. Not only because of the obvious Youtube support but also because it allows u to upload your own music. NO OTHER MUSIC SERVICE HAS THIS. Only GPM allows u to upload your own music and it will migrate it when it's own library. That alone is worth the 10$ a month to me (Well 13$ for ya boy! Got a grandfathered family plan!!)

Naw. They took the combo away for new users cause they are trying to phase out gpm. You still get the combo but u got to sign up for youtube premium which will also come with youtube music. Not gpm.
That's why you just stay in Google's ECOSystem and don't hop into Amazon's for smart devices.

I have Google Homes and Chromecasts throughout my house, so I don't have an issue streaming music or Youtube videos with voice commands. The console thing is true, but not a dealbreaker IMO.

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yep..they said you gotta get it through the YouTube app though. Odd. Whatever.
I've had it for years, so I think they changed it up. You might have to sign up for Youtube Premium first and then they'll give you access to Youtube Music/GPM included, not sure.

• Dap
Reactions: R=G

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Are you a fan of Youtube Music?
It's included for me as well since it's all grandfathered in, but I never really use the app. I only use the regular Youtube app and GPM

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
That's why you just stay in Google's ECOSystem and don't hop into Amazon's for smart devices.

I have Google Homes and Chromecasts throughout my house, so I don't have an issue streaming music or Youtube videos with voice commands. The console thing is true, but not a dealbreaker IMO.

Yea i agree. Just answering why its looked over compared to other services lol.

Are you a fan of Youtube Music?
It's included for me as well since it's all grandfathered in, but I never really use the app. I only use the regular Youtube app and GPM

I never used youtube music but i follow the reddit. They are slowly but surely phasing out GPM and eventually everyone on GPM will have to migrate over to YTM. But they promised before they make it a necessity they will add all the features of gpm to ytm before doing that. I have tons of my own uploaded music on my gpm account so im not making the switch until i know all of that comes with me.

With that said i do think the interface of YTM is ALOT better then GPM. GPM probably has the worst interface of all of them .Even Tidal has a better interface lol. But gpm just have too much value for your dollar to go anywhere else.

Last edited:

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
I've had it for years, so I think they changed it up. You might have to sign up for Youtube Premium first and then they'll give you access to Youtube Music/GPM included, not sure.

Yea people who are already subbed to gpm will also get ytm. But new customers only get YTM/YTP and not GPM.

Funny enough u can still sign up for GPM but it doesn't give u YTP. But supposedly u can just call them and they will migrate u over.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yea i agree. Just answering why its looked over compared to other services lol.

I never used youtube music but i follow the reddit. They are slowly but surely phasing out GPM and eventually everyone on GPM will have to migrate over to YTM. But they promised before they make it a necessity they will add all the features of gpm to ytm before doing that. I have tons of my own uploaded music on my gpm account so im not making the switch until i know all of that comes with me.

With that said i do think the interface of YTM is ALOT better then GPM. GPM probably has the worst interface of all of them .Even Tidal has a better interface lol. But gpm just have too much value for your dollar to go anywhere else.
YouTube Music and GPM are somewhat similar. They have to migrate features over but I can see they share the same basis. Having tried it I donโ€™t see any issues as long as they move all the playlists and metadata over when they shut down GPM.

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
I have Amazon Prime. It doesn't get you Amazon Prime Music Unlimited. You have to pay $7.99 extra a month for that.
I sub to Spotify because I prebought a year's sub doe a discount rate.
Tidal comes free with Sprint
GPM is free with YouTube Premium which I'm subbing to so I can not get ads on mobile.

I just don't have a place for Amazon Prime Music Unlimited. I'm on a free trial there till April but I barely ever use it.

That's free?

What plan, because it says $8.99 for me to add it. :dahell:

Edit: is that the 6 months for free?

Last edited:

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
That's free?

What plan, because it says $8.99 for me to add it. :dahell:

Edit: is that the 6 months for free?

Whatever the unlimited shyt is. But we got this like damn near 2 years ago. Don't know if it's still free now. We get both Tidal and Hulu for free.

AND IM STILL PAYING TOO MUCH FOR SPRINT :sadcam: