Finally joined YouTube Premium

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I have Amazon Prime. It doesn't get you Amazon Prime Music Unlimited. You have to pay $7.99 extra a month for that.
I sub to Spotify because I prebought a year's sub doe a discount rate.
Tidal comes free with Sprint
GPM is free with YouTube Premium which I'm subbing to so I can not get ads on mobile.

I just don't have a place for Amazon Prime Music Unlimited. I'm on a free trial there till April but I barely ever use it.

Eh...I only use the music portion if I just want to listen to mainstream stuff. 8tracks my go to for music since I'm more of a playlist person. Even though GPM>>>>Amazon Music.

The overall package>>>>YouTube Premium

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Eh...I only use the music portion if I just want to listen to mainstream stuff. 8tracks my go to for music since I'm more of a playlist person. Even though GPM>>>>Amazon Music.

The overall package>>>>YouTube Premium
Amazon Prime does have a limited free music part if you sub to prime I think it's under 2 million songs. The full service cost more on top of prime.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
YT ads are annoying af but i refuse to pay
When winding down for the day often I like to listen to YouTube Videos on my iPad. I'm not actively using it but lots of these creators put 5+ ads in their longer videos. I'm just sick of having to wait that 5 seconds and hit skip ad constantly. Like I said some of these ads can be longer than the actual videos I'm playing. I guess I'm just lazy. That $12 a month I just skip eating out once a month and it's paid for.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I use Youtube Adaway but I have to keep YT at an older version for it to work. :manny:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
You use to be able to play YouTube videos in the background ... now you need the app

Never going to support this :stopitslime:
YouTube is trash on the app too , it’s so much better with less ads on the mobile browser
Hacked YT. No ads, background play. If you have Android...

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I just switched tabs on my iPhone and the YouTube video is still playing natively without having to use that goofy sleep trick. Mind blown. Hell it's still playing with the screen off.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
I'll never be able to go back to YouTube with ads so they got me. The download/offline feature is the best thing about it though. Especially for binge watching their original stuff

Out of the music services I used play music has the best Pandora type radio stream. Plus searching for songs returns you YouTube videos as well as music

You never realize how crippling those YouTube ads are until your sub lapses for whatever reason. I can't do it

Last edited:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Amazon Prime>>>>>>

:wow:Movies, books, two day free shipping, music, and twitch stuff.

Amazon prime music is very limited. There is a "premium" amazon music that amazon prime members get for a discount but the one u get just for having prime doesn't have much on it (although it is ad free)

I know this cause we used it for our echo dot in the house and more often then not it couldn't find the songs we wanted to play. Switched over to our Tidal account that we get for free with sprint and it instantly found everything we threw at it. (Echo dot dont work with google play :scust:

I still use prime for 2 day shipping movies and twitch though! :wow:

I just switched tabs on my iPhone and the YouTube video is still playing natively without having to use that goofy sleep trick. Mind blown. Hell it's still playing with the screen off.

First time music kept playing when the screen was off i was like :banderas:

It be the little things that catch u off guard lmao. We cut cable years ago so between netflix and me just torrenting everything i think i use youtube the most so no ads is worth it to me.

The ONE problem i do have is when u click on a youtube video from inside the google play app it doesn't recognize you have a premium youtube account so u cant turn your screen off. I heard this is fixed with "youtube music" which is what all GPM members will eventually switch to but im not making that switch until they let us import our uploaded music (which they say they will eventually)

Last edited:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don't know how people have went for so long putting up with ads on Youtube. I've had Google Play Music which includes Youtube Premium for like 4 years now, I honestly never understand why people swear by the other music services when none of them offer Youtube Premium with their subs.

I've been an advocate for this service based off of the value alone for years.

Jinx301

Pro
Daps
Had YouTube Vanced for like 2 years now. Haven't seen an ad since. Got an Android though.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I don't know how people have went for so long putting up with ads on Youtube. I've had Google Play Music which includes Youtube Premium for like 4 years now, I honestly never understand why people swear by the other music services when none of them offer Youtube Premium with their subs.

I've been an advocate for this service based off of the value alone for years.
They got 3 month free trial for Google play music..so I get YouTube preminum with that automatically?