Finally got banned from ResetEra

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
They cannot have nuanced discussions over there in regards to these type of topics. It's always black or white and it's almost always white :mjpls:.

I wish all those posters could get sent to Dubai or something.
I could have just as easily created another email with my ISP and got back in but I figured what's the point? Eventually I would say something else a mod didn't like and be warned or banned again.

I lurk for gaming news but what they have going on there can hardly be called discussions because it's either a bunch of people who all agree with each other or are too afraid to say what they really think.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I could have just as easily created another email with my ISP and got back in but I figured what's the point? Eventually I would say something else a mod didn't like and be warned or banned again.

I lurk for gaming news but what they have going on there can hardly be called discussions because it's either a bunch of people who all agree with each other or are too afraid to say what they really think.
It's pointless. I've been lurking on Neogaf for years since 2010 at least. Even had an account at the time. I'd say a good chunk of my gaming opinions was influenced by what I read on there.

It's a bunch of people trying to outsmart each other and pile on whoever says something out of line. I remember a discussion about frigging PERSONA was heated one time because I said I thought P5 was better than 4.

I kid you not this poster(it might've been a girl) was HEATED and was damn near attacking me because I disagreed with them. Any type of real discussion is quickly moderated and punished.

You really have to be careful not to upset a mod if you say something as innocuous as you don't believe certain claims made in the media about a certain thing. I'm sure plenty of people got banned for not believing Jussie Smolliet's account.

A bunch of people were banned and or shamed if they thought Michael Jackson was innocent. Hell they were vexed there was a moonwalk in DMC5 :laff:

Last edited:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
They are legit fukking insane there and deserve all the bad reputation they get online.

Those mods are atrocious
you remember the pedos that got exposed on neogaf and they ended up making resetera? Yeah fukking loonies the lot of them

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
It was the extremist of the NeoGAF posters that founded it.

Dude hops in the shower with a chick and she wasn't feeling that and it was awkward so he became cold to her and they lost their shyt and left. That's the site's origin story. They should have just clowned him about it and moved on about their day.
You guys gotta stop with this shyt. Following someone into a shower uninvited is no small thing. That's abusive behavior. People spoke up about his touchy-feely behavior with women as well. Resetera can be annoying and a lot of the posters are self-righteous, but that dude was a piece of shyt. Just look at what neogaf has turned into now for further proof.

you remember the pedos that got exposed on neogaf and they ended up making resetera? Yeah fukking loonies the lot of them
It was a mod there that the owner (evilore) was protecting at the time.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
It was the extremist of the NeoGAF posters that founded it.

Dude hops in the shower with a chick and she wasn't feeling that and it was awkward so he became cold to her and they lost their shyt and left. That's the site's origin story. They should have just clowned him about it and moved on about their day.

Not only that but the chick even admitted to "a brief physical relationship" with dude before that shower incident occurred. So basically dude was drinking and sharing a room with a girl he was smashing at some point, and thought it was going down that night.

I still dont understand how that girl claimed that she gave dude no signs that wanted she him to do that, when she fukked him previously.

I feel like the real story is that she remembered a time dude tried to make a move on her when she was sick and not feeling it, leading to an awkward situation. Then she decided to use that incident to earn some easy #metoo clout. In reality he was just some guy who thought she was down to fukk cause they had been drinking and she usually was, but she was sick and not feeling it.

yeah. But really resetera really exists, is because those former mods wanted that money. Evilore was living that jet setting life off of neogaf :pachaha:

They knew neogaf had cultivated a certain sjw base
then metoo popped off
evilore got hit, which was basically a perfect opportunity for them.
so they strike while the iron was hot, you get all of those threads where people announce their leaving... and thats that:skip:

I do wonder if resetera brings in as much traffic as gaf did though