[FINAL NUMBERS] Adele sells 3.3 Million.... [SPOOKY]

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
on the real though she seems like a nice person. her music isnt wack per se, she gets decnt reviews for such a mainstream artist. but i do feel a way when black women arent embraced like this and put out classics.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Not necessarily. Groups going back to New Kids On The Block were getting called out for selling because they were White. And this was back when Michael Jackson, and Whitney were selling. We always got angry and defensive, because we knew the truth about the history of the industry, and how they treated Black artist.
what got people mad about NKOTB was that they got a lot of shyt New Edition didn't get even though they were created by the same guy. Even Mike Bivins was like :wtf: @ how New Kids got dolls, thermoses, all these endorsement deals, yet New Edition got $1.87 and a Raping U Records contract.

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
funny thing about adele is she reminds me of the british invasion from the 60’s. black people were doing blues music for decades begfore that happened, but it took some foreign cacs to get america as a whole to embrace it. basically, america would rather embrace foreigners than their own black brethren. now black women been doing r&b forever, but it took a UK cac, for amercia as a whole to embarce it. and shyt, they was ready to do it with amy winehous as well. adele actually did better with this release in US than UK. she sold 800,000 copies in the UK. in the UK, 300,000 is platinum. which means she is just shy of 3x platinum. meanwhile, in America, she is triple platinum plus. America loves her even more than the UK. American cacs so desperate for a cac r&b female superhero, they embraced her , amy winehouse.

Soon

Banned
Daps
funny thing about adele is she reminds me of the british invasion from the 60’s. black people were doing blues music for decades begfore that happened, but it took some foreign cacs to get america as a whole to embrace it. basically, america would rather embrace foreigners than their own black brethren. now black women been doing r&b forever, but it took a UK cac, for amercia as a whole to embarce it. and shyt, they was ready to do it with amy winehous as well. adele actually did better with this release in US than UK. she sold 800,000 copies in the UK. in the UK, 300,000 is platinum. which means she is just shy of 3x platinum. meanwhile, in America, she is triple platinum plus. America loves her even more than the UK. American cacs so desperate for a cac r&b female superhero, they embraced her , amy winehouse.

All the middle aged women needs somebody to listen to, Whitney Houston and Toni Braxton were doing ridiculous numbers.

I think they need to bring Adult Contemporary back, cause those are the only folks buying music anyway.

Help kill the argument no one is selling, you make grown folk music it will sale. Look at J. Cole.

KG1

All Star
Daps
Reppin
BX BK
Jada sold 50k that's pretty high.
Jada Top 5 in charts :wow::jbhmm:
840Q9o4.png

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I'm more impressed that cats are checking for Jada heavy in 2015.

All in all though cats really shouldn't be surprised. Adele is the poster girl for post 2000's artistry. She sings soulful emotional songs, is heavyset and represents the everywomen (white of course). She fills the void that women like Mariah and Whitney Houston left in a lot of ways. But in fairness she is a very good artist and walks that line between pop and soul very well. It is what it is. If you guys are so angry go out and but Jill Scotts catalogue, go support Angie Stone who is one of the dopest female talents of the past 30 years. Support the up and comers then.

Black

GOAT
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ/FL
When have I said it doesn't help that she's white?

She was white when she recorded 19. She was white when she recorded 21. She's still white. But there's a HUGE difference between the popularity she had with 19 and what she has now and it's not because the world realized she's white and sings soulful songs. There's more to it than just "cac privilege." The Adele legend really began because she had excellent timing in terms of getting her exposed. If not for a chance appearance on SNL, she'd be Duffy. She'd be Kate Nash, someone ONLY big in the UK and at best she'd do OK here. Same singer, same voice, same package, but she wouldn't have been as exposed.

If it was only as easy as her being white with a good voice, other more critically acclaimed singers and songwriters would have this kind of success but they don't. It's a perfect storm with Adele.

The coli gets very defensive about what Adele does because we look at the shyt we like and we can't figure out why rap & R&B can't do a fraction of these numbers /popularity when it felt like it used to (or moreso this: if you've ever watched shows like Unsung-- and @Wacky D and @Blackthoughts can attest-- many of these slept on acts that seemingly only Black people know didn't need to be fellated by the industry to sell reasonably well.) We never got angry when white acts would routinely sell crazy numbers because it felt like Black acts in some way were being taken care of. It doesn't feel like that anymore. NSYNC was doing 10 mil every time out. It was shrugged off more than this because everybody was eating. Ain't like that now, and this board gets mad at Adele of all people. Quite odd.
I love Duffy though Rockferry is one of my favorite albums. :mjcry:

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Them numbers is crazy!! I have 21 and bought 25, no complaints. How wonder how much Target sold because they have a 3 track bonus edition?

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
Good job, in a business sense. I'm not feeling her music or celebrity personality. Sales don't validate talent. They validate product marketing and business savvy. They won't get my money though. The originators and the innovators need to eat. Supporting your local artists is more important.

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
I'm more impressed that cats are checking for Jada heavy in 2015.

All in all though cats really shouldn't be surprised. Adele is the poster girl for post 2000's artistry. She sings soulful emotional songs, is heavyset and represents the everywomen (white of course). She fills the void that women like Mariah and Whitney Houston left in a lot of ways. But in fairness she is a very good artist and walks that line between pop and soul very well. It is what it is. If you guys are so angry go out and but Jill Scotts catalogue, go support Angie Stone who is one of the dopest female talents of the past 30 years. Support the up and comers then.
but they won't. These are the same dudes that say shyt like "lol who buys music in 2015"?